EVGA Offers 999 USD GeForce RTX 2080 Ti Black Edition Gaming

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Oct 29, 2018.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
  2. CaptaPraelium

CaptaPraelium Guest

GPU:
    Wake me up when they're priced sensibly and not as though there's a mining craze.

3. cryohellinc

cryohellinc Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6750XT/ MAC M1
    This just shows how insanely inflated the prices are both from original dev, aibs and retailers.

tunejunky and BReal85 like this.
  4. Ziggymac

Ziggymac Guest

GPU:
    Asus 970 Strix SLi
    ...even crazier is that people will now think they're an absolute bargain at $1K, so complete is the conditioning by Nvidia of the sheep to accept obscene prices on GPU's.

5. BlueRay

BlueRay Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 FTW
    That's USD. Here in Europe slap at least another 200 euros on top.

6. MK80

MK80 Active Member

GPU:
    RX7900xtx
    1059 our 1100 euros...

7. Alienwarez567

Alienwarez567 Active Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1
    Lol in Denmark its almost 600 dollars more happy days

BReal85 likes this.
  8. Noisiv

Noisiv Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2070 Super
    The card is barely in stock. To say that its supply volume is minuscule would be an understatement.

I very much doubt we'll see it in stock at $999; anytime soon that is...

tunejunky and BReal85 like this.
  9. Halfmead

Halfmead Guest

GPU:
    GigaByte 2070 Super
    if only customers worldwide would see through the Ngreedia Scam and NOT buy ANY cards this time around..... let them sit on a mountain of cards and see if they can please shareholders with that..
    Never gonna happen tho, sadly

10. entr0cks

entr0cks Member Guru

GPU:
    GV-N660OC-2GD
    I mean the chips are larger, shader core alone is comparable to previous whole card and I'm impressed by the Tensor core's TFLOPS/TOPS. It's a dam Quadro with less RAM, and there's some raytracing thing (not that impressed, though nice to have in addition). The moment it get's decent value through software implementation it's cheap AF.

11. yeeeeman

yeeeeman Active Member

GPU:
    Geforce 9600GT 512MB
    Mister @Hilbert Hagedoorn, can we do also a news about these cards being sold are broken or breaking after a few days of usage?
    Yes, they are nice cards, but people pay tons of money for them and many of them are breaking as you can see on the geforce forums.
    https://forums.geforce.com/default/board/227/geforce-rtx-20-series/1

LE: I know it is bad press to say this truth, but since this is a legit HW site that cares about its users, I think you should post this new asap.

12. Witcher29

Witcher29 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080 Gaming X Trio
    That shroud on these evga are looking very cheap and plastic made, i dont like that.

13. BReal85

BReal85 Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapph RX 570 4G ITX
    No, thank you.

WalterDasTrevas likes this.
  14. cryohellinc

cryohellinc Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6750XT/ MAC M1
    There seem to be a lot of issues with them indeed. Question is - is it a bad batch, or a widespread issue which can become visible right away, or months later?

15. Georgep

Georgep Guest

GPU:
    2080ti

16. RavenMaster

RavenMaster Maha Guru

GPU:
    1x RTX 3080 FE
    Even with price drops, that is still one fugly looking card with its cheap and nasty gelatin-looking top casing. Putting this card next to a Founders Edition would be like putting a Lada Samara next to a Lamborghini. Or more accurately its like putting a Lamborghini engine into the chassis of a Lada Samara.

17. KingK76

KingK76 Guest

GPU:
    Pascal Titan X Under H2O

Come on man... I get it, the card is expensive... But to make the statement that "It is one of the worse GPU's I've seen in the 20 years I've been PC gaming" is simply ridiculous. You state that only "fanboys" are backing this GPU yet your statement clearly drips of the exact opposite sentiment in the same silly regard. Given the features and performance of the 2080ti you simply have no argument to make that not only is it not a bad GPU but it is actually a great GPU. I mean it has performance gains from the previous generation anywhere from 20-50% and includes a bevy of new and ground-breaking features. To deny that is only to be a "contrarian" for no good reason. Look, I know the damn card is expensive. No doubt. But it is also an amazing card that should be recognized as such... Not crapped on simply because currently AMD sucks and due to having no competition Nvidia can basically choose it's price. I mean, 110TFLOP Tensor Cores and RT cores capable of real-time Raytracing! These are features NO ONE thought would be possible for another decade, at least! And you state that it is the worst card in 20 years?!? Come on... Get real.

18. SniperX

SniperX Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX2080S Trio
    LE: I know it is bad press to say this truth, but since this is a legit HW site that cares about its users, I think you should post this new asap.

I read a number of threads in the 2080/2080ti forums...problems are seen across a number of manufacturers including Founders Edition, Asus and MSI. I doubt there is a problem with the cards themselves, more like driver/windows/psu problems.
    1) Never rush to install the latest version of windows (1809)
    2) Always do a clean install of your gpu drivers, also, don't install the latest drivers unless the change log contains a fix for an existing problem you are having
    3) Never use a cable splitter to power the 2nd and/or 3rd power connector on your gpu, each power connector should get it's own cable from the psu

Last edited: Oct 29, 2018
  19. cryohellinc

cryohellinc Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6750XT/ MAC M1
    @SniperX
    Most of the reports are artefacts related, so yes it's a GPU itself issue, in specific its memory.

WalterDasTrevas and yeeeman like this.
  20. Fox2232

Fox2232 Guest

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    At least you know why they are so expensive. High die-off requires premium. But it is very unfortunate that defective GPUs are not identified prior selling to AIBs. Thiis situation increases required cost.