AMD Vega 20 Spotted in Final Fantasy XV benchmark?

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Oct 25, 2018.

1. Moonbogg

Moonbogg Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti@2.1GHz
    Almost as fast as a GTX 1080 huh AMD? Looking pretty good. Maybe you'll finally catch that oldass card in another 2 or 3 years. Looking real good. Fantastic. I just can't wait for AMD to release another way-behind-the-times slowass GPU that still can't compete with 3 year old hardware. Stick to CPU's where you still have a chance. I lost my patience with them. Their GPU division is dead. Completely hopeless, boring, and totally dead.

2. jose2016

jose2016 Member Guru

GPU:
    Aorus RX 580 8gb
    If AMD can not compete with Nvidia, it should focus on taking one gpu for e-sports, another for 1080p, another for 4k and another for office and HTPC. With the lowest possible consumption and at a good price.

3. sverek

sverek Guest

GPU:
    NOVIDIA -0.5GB
    Could you say that about AMD CPUs 2 years ago (Before ZEN release)? :D

carnivore and Fox2232 like this.
  4. Vananovion

Vananovion Member Guru

GPU:
    Radeon RX 6800 16GB
    This goes without saying but:
    1) These benchmarks most probably aren't real
    2) If they are real, they were done with a pre-production development sample
    3) If this is really Vega 20, it is not meant to be a gaming card
    4) If this is some other gaming card, we have no idea where in the product stack it is supposed to be
    5) No one benefits from a monopoly, so saying that AMD should get out of GPU business is like sawing off the branch you are sitting on

5. Amx85

Amx85 Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI R7-260X2GD5/OC
    it canĀ“t be VEGA20 even VEGA56, 14 to 7nm change, 2048 to 4096-bit HBM@Higher Clocks and Higher Core Clocks must increase performance a lot, no bottlenecks this time...

greetings

6. Dimitrios1983

Dimitrios1983 Master Guru

GPU:
    RX580
    Why don't you try working for AMD and make a GPU that stomps Nvidia? Seriously you need to chill out. This was expected since AMD almost went bankrupt and spent all of their peanuts on RYZEN architecture instead of their GPU's. The average user doesn't need an Nvidia 1080 gpu since it only makes a difference in benchmarks with a top of the line CPU............ even then you're bragging the extra 10-20fps. Mark my words with the money AMD makes on their cpu line they will drop a load of resources with their GPU team. I give it 1-2 years and AMD will be game with their high end GPU's.

carnivore likes this.
  7. igorfiuza

igorfiuza Member

GPU:
    Radeon RX 480 8G WC
    Did anyone guess this might be the RX 580 refresh, the 590? As far as I know, Vega 64 isn't that far from the regular 1080.