Radeon Software Adrenalin Edition 18.10.1 Oct. 10th & Oct. 15th Driver Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by Eastcoasthandle, Oct 12, 2018.

1. freeman94

freeman94 Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070 ARMOR
    this drivers makes my mouse stuttery on desktop and when playing youtube, or any sort of video, there is slowdowns, very annoying, but in fact I was having something like that long time ago, on drivers 15.X.X years ago, they manage to fix it with take them like a 6 months or so, and it seems that this bug is returning on 18.10.1

2. GlennB

GlennB Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Vega 56 EK
    Do a proper uninstall first then reinstall i had the same and it was fine after i removed the previous stuff.

LocoDiceGR likes this.
  3. xg-ei8ht

xg-ei8ht Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1gb 6870 Sapphire
    These drivers seem to be making my Toes itch.

Other then that. all good with RX470

4. SacredKnight27

SacredKnight27 Master Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3060 Ti
    Unfortunately that doesn't work for me. Regular uninstall, DDU, doesn't matter, the issue's still there. Its fine for a little bit after the initial install, but it shows up rather quickly within the session and from there is constant. Games seem to run fine, though. I'll just stick with 18.9.3 till the next update and hopefully I'll have better luck then.

Last edited: Oct 15, 2018

5. Eastcoasthandle

Eastcoasthandle Guest

GPU:
    Nitro 5700 XT

Nice fps boost!! I take it this is now running DX11.1 instead of DX11.

6. mikeysg

mikeysg Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MERC310 RX 7900 XTX
    Sa-weet! I'm gonna remove the RTX 2080 Ti from my main rig for the time being (might even put it in my HTPC rig which is hooked up to a 4K TV, and I'm gonna install a Gigabyte VEGA 64 which I'll be getting tonight. Reason why is due to the fact that my main gaming monitor's a Freesync one, so it makes sense to pair it with the VEGA.....but I may just swap back the RTX card later on after I've had some fun with the VEGA.

OnnA likes this.
  7. Chastity

Chastity Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro 5700XT/6800M
    Keep the Vega + Freesync for lowest latency in everything you play.

8. Montville

Montville Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte RX 7900XT
    This driver sees my 4k monitor as 2k hence recommends 2k display settings - FAIL!
    Returned to 18.9.3 and all is fine again..

9. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    Most Games this dayZ using HW sheduler thus DX12.11_1 , even UE4 ones ;)
    That's why i Love WinX & DX12 :D

GJ MS & AMD/ATI

10. Fox2232

Fox2232 Guest

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    I am peeking into future. It is bleak. W10 2019H1 1809_18252 build + this => WDDM 2.5.
    But playing games just slows down refresh of stuff on secondary monitor much more than W10 October 1809 + WDDM 2.4 driver.

Those WDDM improvements allow windows to have tighter control over GPU scheduling. But Windows itself does not improve its scheduler.
    So, I have Task manager and other windows on 2nd screen, fire Light Game like KF2 and as GPU gets loaded (120fps cap while it can do 140~180fps), Task manager stops refreshing its graphs and text.
    And since they have that new "Detection of all Games" for game mode, one can't really fight it. I am thinking more and more to migrate to Linux for main PC and keep Windows 10 only on multimedia one.
    Or I'll go back to LTSB before game mode was introduced. Yes, lower WDDM, bit lower performance in games, But background applications continue to tick properly.

Windows 10 will have new slogan: "Games Flawlessly, Sh*7s on multitasking."
    Bit paradoxic. I moved from Sandy CPU because it did stutter in games as it was too weak. I did feel that need to turn of all background applications to free CPU resources made that PC into "Gaming Console".
    Now with new CPU, Games run flawlessly, but M$ turns that PC to Gaming Console anyway.

11. fargod

fargod Guest

GPU:
    16gb
    WDDM 2.5. works only with windows 10 October 1809?

12. paulco

paulco Member

GPU:
    Nitro+ RX6900XT
    Yep, that is correct.

13. Eastcoasthandle

Eastcoasthandle Guest

GPU:
    Nitro 5700 XT
    I'm not sure if 1809 is worth it in the end. Peeps are having all sorts of issues with 1809 right now. For one, it comes with the KB4100347: Intel microcode updates baked into 1809. Which, depending on the CPU you have, will stop you from OC'ing your CPU and force it to downclock in win10. Among other degraded performance issues.

If you are lucky enough to have a CPU that's not detrimentally effected by those microcode updates 1809 is a treat. Your only choice it to roll back to 1803. But if you stay on 1809 and notice a huge performance hit at least you have wddm 2.5 I'm I right?

Any driver improvements should still be had even if you are on wddm 2.4. You simply won't get wddm 2.5.

14. MerolaC

MerolaC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AsRock RX 6700XT
  15. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    DeusEx MKD DX12 -> working OK need to disable Relive :D
    AC: Origins -> Working OK, don't use Enchance AA :D
    Mass Effect - Andromeda OK - Great gains now can play with 1707/1150 before 1732/1175 :D

Testing.....

-> I have new DDR4 so im checking all games to compare difference between 3100 CL14 1T GD and 3500MHz CL14 1T GD

16. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    For AC Origins and AC Odyssey anti-aliasing should be app controlled and not enhanced. (Or override but that's usually not good for the global profile.) Same as NVIDIA it causes some graphical issues with the games anti-aliasing and reconstruction technique even if AA is set to high (no reconstruction from a lower render res.) or disabled entirely.

Otherwise it looks pixelated or glitchy.

Can't help with Mankind Divided and DX12 though, game never really was all that stable for me under D3D12 for the Fury GPU even if performance was better and the forums have posts from both AMD and NVIDIA GPU owners confirming DX12 being a bit wonky though later patches might have helped a bit. (Nixxes did a pretty good job with the API for Shadow of the Tomb Raider's PC port though but I suppose they can't just go back and update the older games without publisher OK and of course being paid and support has long since ended for these titles.)

OnnA likes this.
  17. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    ^^ So, no problems at all with new Drivers & Win 1809 ;) :p

18. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Well AC Odyssey has been fine so far and that's been on 1809 from the start as I updated early, framerate could be higher but I am pushing a bit above what the GPU is comfortable with and then the engine really could benefit from DirectX 12 support too for what they are doing but it's not bad for the visual tech they're pushing and for the bottleneck situations the engine does end up in as a result of some of these designs.

I see it as a good showcase for what will come in the next generation of console hardware and that will also push things forward a bit as the lowest common denominator is no longer the PS4 and XBox One.
    Eventually, cross platform will probably be a thing initially even if the consoles might have backwards compatibility but we'll see what gets announced.

Pushing into D3D11.2 and newer might help too but probably only minimally compared to going for Vulkan or D3D12 and Vulkan would work with Windows 7 which is still really popular even if it's lacking some newer functions but also 8 and 8.1 though these are not as popular as 7 and then well Win10 is going a bit back and forth I guess, I got used it but it's quite different in several aspects ha ha.

18.10.1 is not being quite as loud on the fan adjustments either it seems for this game or I might have bugged the hell out of something with 18.9.3 and setting up the Wattman profile again after the driver install. :p
    (Temps was always fine though, it's doing nicely at roughly 60 - 70 degrees Celsius for the GPU core temperature when the ambient air temps are nice and low.)

19. steviejay

steviejay Guest

GPU:
    Radeon RX6800 16GB
    Take ownership of C:\Windows\System32\mcupdate_GenuineIntel.dll, rename it and restart. This will revert your uCode back to UEFI/BIOS.

Or I guess if you have AMD CPU then C:\Windows\System32\mcupdate_AuthenticAMD.dll will do.

Remember if you do a sfc /scannow you'll have to rinse and repeat.

Eastcoasthandle likes this.
  20. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    ^^ JonasBeckman
    Yup it's cool & quiet (overall happy with it)

Here:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 16, 2018