No Game Ready Drivers for call of duty black ops 4?

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Deleted member 255716, Oct 10, 2018.

1. Only two days at launch of call of duty black ops 4 and not new game ready from Nvidia :(.
    May be because is not considered an AAA game @ManuelG?

2. peppercute

peppercute Guest

GPU:
    Msi 2080Ti TRIO
    ...and nv have 2 days

BangTail likes this.
  3. BangTail

BangTail Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC
    ROFL, the game isn't out yet so why do you need drivers?

And why are you pointing a finger at ManuelG or implying it isn't a AAA game (which it quite obviously is)?

F**king sense of entitlement on some people, unbelievable :rolleyes:

4. o_O Yes but normally the new drivers come out first to the release of the game.

5. The game is ready to preload today and will be unlocked this Friday :rolleyes:

6. BangTail

BangTail Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC
    Can you play a preload, GENIUS :rolleyes:

tensai28 likes this.
  7. RzrTrek

RzrTrek Guest

GPU:
    -
    You're in luck. It's worse on the red team.

fantaskarsef likes this.
  8. Ok no problem I understand that you cannot discuss normally in this place.
    Thank you

9. BangTail

BangTail Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC
    There is nothing to discuss as there is no game to play, only a preload.

If you want to whine about it on Friday, at least then you'll have some justification as opposed to what you have now, which is none.

Further, the beta ran fine on existing drivers, so I'm not sure what a new driver is going to bring to the table but I'm sure you can enlighten us ;)

Oh, and thank you :D

10. dr_rus

dr_rus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Considering that BO4 is not in NV's Game Ready program, chances of a Game Ready driver for it releasing prior to game's release is about zero.

BangTail likes this.

11. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    They've released a few driver updates for it though or the beta that is.

398.82 - SLI profile.
    http://uk.download.nvidia.com/Windows/398.82/398.82-win10-win8-win7-desktop-release-notes.pdf

398.98 - Stutter fix for the private beta.
    https://nvidia.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/4694 (No PDF for hotfix drivers.)

399.07 - Stutter fix for the private beta. (Hotfix making it into a mainline driver, doesn't really count for much.)
    http://us.download.nvidia.com/Windows/399.07/399.07-win10-win8-win7-desktop-release-notes.pdf

399.24 - Game Ready for Call of Duty Black Ops 4 open beta.
    http://us.download.nvidia.com/Windows/399.24/399.24-win10-win8-win7-desktop-release-notes.pdf

And that's about it, 411.x has nothing for the game so far. If the profile targets BlackOps4.exe it should be good for the main game too but someone would have to verify that via I think NVIDIA Inspector and opening up whatever profile there might be for the game.

Deleted member 255716 likes this.
  12. Thanks for your kindness:)

13. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Well, keeping a really messy note with driver changes in it hah.

It is one of the biggest anticipated games coming out though so AMD and NVIDIA covering it early just looks good for them and with a huge player base even if not everyone keeps drivers and other software up to date and maintained it'll be good to have support for one of the biggest game releases of the year and have support in for it early at that. :)

I don't foresee performance being a huge issue though but it usually depends on which state the PC port is in and what they add or enhance far as graphical options are concerned, MP tends to be less demanding than the SP campaign however but things like SLI and Crossfire support wouldn't hurt and it does look like NVIDIA might have SLI covered already. (There's nothing for it in the AMD driver profile for the current 18.9.3 release.)

EDIT: I think Battlefield V is doing alright as well but still somewhere around half the pre-order count of what COD:BO4 has though I think this is measured against all platforms and not PC only and it was a while back so it could have shifted further.

14. Yxskaft

Yxskaft Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX Titan Sli
    Nvidia's drivers are already so flawless that the game is already running as good as it can

Strange Times, BangTail and signex like this.
  15. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Radeon RX 6600
    Oh no, game is running so much worse without gameready, i bet you gain at least 20fps when game ready is out...

BangTail and Strange Times like this.

16. Strange Times

Strange Times Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 6600 XT
    drivers overrated nowadays

BangTail likes this.
  17. Not very relevant to me, I received the free game code with the purchase of my new Asus monitor.

however, the game will be unlocked at 6am in Italy of tomorrow and no driver yet.

18. flow

flow Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus TUF RTX3080 oc
    I didn't need a game driver ready for the BF5 beta, so why should we need one for any other new game? Shouldn't it already be in the drivers?
    Maybe when the game releases we need one? Only time will tell, but expecting game ready drivers for any major launch seems a bit silly to me, and actually a sign of poor programming from those devs.
    Bug fixes and day one patches are fine imo, driver optimizations on a later stage also, but they shouldn't be expected as common.
    In fact, we should expect to run the game at max performance our hardware is capable of. I find it poor to say the least, a driver update six months later improves a game 25% and makes it butter smooth. Had this with GTA5 which seemed to run fine on my setup, but vastly improved after several months with a "magical" driver update from Amd.