Netflix utilizes 15 percent of the internet bandwidth, up to 40 percent in the evening

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Oct 5, 2018.

1. Irenicus

Irenicus Master Guru

GPU:
    1070Ti OC
    Each to their own, but as for TV, it's never uncompressed. Also, you pay for TIVO and it's just another device I don't need to buy, less cables etc. There are plenty of options for watching stuff on the net without paying and it's far more convenient.

2. Size_Mick

Size_Mick Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus GTX 1070 8GB
    Mind you, that 40 percent figure is based on the REMAINING 10 percent bandwidth leftover after the 90 percent that gets eaten by spam...

3. Neo Cyrus

Neo Cyrus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    黃仁勳 stole my 4090
    If that includes BS advertisements, then yes, that sounds about right.

4. Killian38

Killian38 Guest

GPU:
    I don't watch TV. What is netflix?

5. PrMinisterGR

PrMinisterGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    The amount of edgy comments here gave me a good bleeding on the eyes.

As for Netflix, they push Vision/Atmos for a lot of their shows, and with the right kit they can be spectacular. Amazon is kind of crap, mainly due to how horrible their applications are. In Amazon Prime, UHD and normal quality of the same content, the are two different shows.

So, you have for example "The Grand Tour" and "The Grand Tour UHD", with the second title never popping up in search results.

Netflix is first due to the sheer quality of its apps and momentum, at this point. Well deserved too.

As for the EU, I have no problem with that. Some of the nicest stuff on TV lately is European, it would be nice to get more of that.

6. nicugoalkeper

nicugoalkeper Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS GTX 1060 DUAL OC 6GB
    I agree (@PrMinisterGR).
    Netflix is going strong, VOD is here to stay and grow.
    Classic TV is going down, old tech and so on...
    If piracy will drop further, especially in underdeveloped countries the those services will grow even further.

7. PrMinisterGR

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    It seems that everyone wants to have their own streaming service now, so I can actually see piracy increasing.

I already pay for public TV, Amazon Prime, the UHD package on Netflix and PSN. I will not pay anything more. I'm certain I'm not the only one.

8. Alienwarez567

Alienwarez567 Active Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1

I could not agree more to many services and all of them with 1 or 2 shows that you wanna see

9. Irenicus

Irenicus Master Guru

GPU:
    1070Ti OC
    netflix does not support Atmos. What are you smoking. Dolby Digital 5.1 is all that's available through netflix and that's only the app. If you use a browser it doesn't even support 5.1

You "agree to many services"? Cool.

I think however, you meant to say "too many services". Come on man, it's a 3 letter word for cripes sake

10. PrMinisterGR

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    Yes it does.

It works completely seemlesly with my TV. Whatever has Dolby Vision, has Atmos too. They're quite a few these days.