GeForce 411.70 WHQL drivers Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Deleted member 255716, Sep 27, 2018.

1. BReal85

BReal85 Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapph RX 570 4G ITX
    Did anyone test this with FH4 and compared it to his/her own 411.63 results? Is there any improvement or the Vega 64 is still on par with the 1080Ti?

2. dr_rus

dr_rus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Negligible difference according to testing by PCGamesHardware. The engine just isn't coded properly for NV h/w.

3. Dj_ALeX

Dj_ALeX Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060 Gaming X
    There is no need to rush the upgrade to RS5. We don't have proper driver support yet etc.. so!
    Btw never make your personal rig a beta testing machine. It is better to do beta testing or whatever on another machine or disk drive.:)

-Tj- likes this.
  4. lenix

lenix Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 Ti FTW3
    RS5 is not beta anymore. It will be released on October 2nd and the current latest RTM is the one going public.

5. Dragondale13

Dragondale13 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 AMP! • H75
    Haven't tested Witcher 3 with these but my pc is freezing up similarly to 411.63 before the downclock to 2113 vs 2126 1.093v in Watch Dogs 2.
    Only difference now I get the blue screen, driver irql not less than equal, resulting in a mem dump file.
    I understand they may put more strain on the overall system.

Tested memory, cpu, windows, hdd, they all check out, benchmarks run fine with same results to 411.63.
    Temps are the same on everything.
    Installed Quadro 392.00 and no crash with same settings.

I like the performance improvement of these 411.70 but hesitant to increase any voltages just to use them.
    I might, the IMC still currently at 1.2v but for X79 I've read it's not safe at 1.25v.

Will try them again tomorrow at any rate, game with 392.00 a bit, maybe try it with older physx to see if any difference.

6. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    Game needs an update.

smells like an xbox port.

7. dr_rus

dr_rus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Worked fine on 3xx drivers.

8. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    I wish that meant anything.
    Other nvidia tech have been busted by drivers and only client updates have resolved it

9. dr_rus

dr_rus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    That may be the case but it also may be the case of drivers being bugged. Considering the sheer amount of rather stupid bugs Turing release driver had I tend to think that it's a driver issue.

Smells like MS don't care about PC version performance - which is hardly surprising considering that they obviously don't care about PC gaming in the slightest.

10. HeavyHemi

HeavyHemi Guest

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti

How does it smell like that when in the same post you blame the driver or just before that, the engine? Could be you just....don't know.

11. dr_rus

dr_rus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Do make an effort and learn to read. Please?

12. Dragondale13

Dragondale13 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 AMP! • H75
    Just got another crash while in game so def my system.
    Going to try and resolve it with 392 installed before installing these again...bollocks!!

13. Kisse

Kisse Member

GPU:
    RTX 2080
    I'm having severe problems with this driver install. After install I had an error message "install error". I did DDU again. Tried older drivers... nothing works. I tried restore point which had also an error. Could not complete system restore. All drivers new and old now give an error saying incompatible driver. All this after numerous reinstalls with DDU and tried different driver versions.

Next step is to reinstall whole windows. But some dude had yesterday similar problem as mine. He did Windows 10 clean install and tried to install driver for 1080TI. Stll same error. I have GTX 1080. Something is quite not right...

edit. there were different error messages. 1. install error 2. could not complete install 3. incompatibible driver.

edit2. ok I managed somehow install latest driver without error, but control panel doesnt work at all. Then I tried reinstall again and error message came back. Incompatible driver. Lol.. wth I had 0 problems when 411.63 came...

Last edited: Oct 1, 2018
  14. max2

max2 Member Guru

Anyone else having screen flashing with these drivers ever now and then ? I thought maybe it was my monitor but determined it was not.

15. windrunnerxj

windrunnerxj Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4060
    Happens to me on desktop after Windows boots up. Screen goes black for a split-second. I don't remember seeing this on older drivers.

max2 likes this.

16. max2

max2 Member Guru

Anyway to fix please?

17. windrunnerxj

windrunnerxj Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4060
    Try older drivers I guess. On my machine it happens after OS boots up to desktop (after reboot/shutdown) and only once, that is until the next OS boot. So I don't pay much attention to it.

18. HellSpawn2097

HellSpawn2097 Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX4080 S
    First BSOD here on windows 10 pro 64bit.
    During playing Forza Horizon 4.
    Game ran fine for 3 straight days, on 411.70 drivers.

19. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    Well yeah there is something with this r411,.. Quake Champions can still crash sometime, was very stable with r397,. I even lowered vram OC back to stock 3510mhz and still can CTD.
    I've also seen they made a new patch or two last time I played it with numerous crash fixes, maybe some new fix now crashes again what nv fixed in driver?

EDIT: just had one again with this 411.70 driver, no gpu extra OC, just 1405mhz 1.187v (default voltage) and default vram speeds.
    Game frezzed and the sound stopped few seconds later it crashed to desktop with bugcheck report error.

nothing by event log in security and maintanance

Last edited: Oct 1, 2018
  20. garyb

garyb Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 4070
    NV Control panel takes about 30 seconds to load with these drivers.

khanmein likes this.