NVIDIA GeForce Game Ready 399.07 WHQL - Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by disq, Aug 27, 2018.

1. sertopico

sertopico Maha Guru

GPU:
    Palit Gamerock 4090
    So I am not the only one experiencing crashes. In my case these drivers don't allow me to keep my usual OC settings. I had to downclock the card to avoid screen freezes related to the nvlddmkm.sys crash. In this period I've been playing TW3 BaW only, which is a pretty GPU intensive game.

2. Dragondale13

Dragondale13 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 AMP! • H75
    If you're using mods make sure they're updated, no conflicts and your "crafting & other" tabs aren't loaded up with unnecessary items in inventory.

3. sertopico

sertopico Maha Guru

GPU:
    Palit Gamerock 4090
    Thx for the answer. Well the only mod I put, along with some ini tweaks, is the HD Rework Project, which got updated recently. Do you think that an overfilled inventory (this is exactly my case, since I always forget to sell stuff) could cause a video driver crash?!

4. Dragondale13

Dragondale13 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 AMP! • H75
    Yes, it's this game in particular though, it's a strange bug.Could be memory leak that they just can't patch or it's an engine limitation.
    v1.31 was supposed to cure it but in my stash box for example it still slows down as I've dumped all the purrty swords and witcher gear in there.100% positive that's your issue.

In a nutshell, try not to have too many things under those two (2) inventory tabs on you, dump them in the stash box once you realize the tabs are sticking when you try to access them.

Last edited: Sep 5, 2018

5. Glidefan

Glidefan Don Booze Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX 1070 | 8600M GS
    Ooops, yeah. 398.98.

6. Krasus

Krasus Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3070 Mobile
    Got gtx 1060 with 399.07. Getting Directx error and freezing after playing Battlefield 5 for 20 min. Really annoying. Using card with overclock. Bf1 works fine though

Last edited: Sep 5, 2018
  7. Txatxiquesi

Txatxiquesi Guest

GPU:
    Zotac 1080 Mini.
    Also this driver is crashing for me on a 980ti , 2 times in a cuple of hours , i rollback.
    Feels like they rushed this driver for the beta of bf5.

8. cricket bones

cricket bones Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW
    I have a 980 TI and have experienced zero issues.

9. EdKiefer

EdKiefer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF 3060ti
    This driver works good for me in BFV, got like 4+ hrs of gameplay.
    The Beta is a beta, it's not meant to be feature full or finished.
    There is a lot broken in it, but performance seems good to me.

tiliarou likes this.
  10. sertopico

sertopico Maha Guru

GPU:
    Palit Gamerock 4090
    Wow, thank you very much for the hint, I'll empty it then. I would've never thought it was something related to the inventory. I am indeed having slowdowns when browsing from a tab to another, or just by scrolling their content. I also have to get rid of all those letters and messages which piled up during the whole game.

11. GregJA

GregJA Member

GPU:
    Nvidia 2080 TI
    At first things were okay, then I kept crashing. Getting rid of OC helped but I still hard crash. Such a relief to see others having this as I was really starting to worry haha

12. AQUILES

AQUILES Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070
  13. zimzoid

zimzoid Guest

GPU:
    2xEVGA980TiSC+(H20) Swift
    Working fine for me with GTX 980Ti and latest win10 insider build

14. AntiSnipe

AntiSnipe Master Guru

GPU:
    Radeon RX 6600
    They perform well for me, but I am still getting program hangs at shutdown/reboot after using the control panel, same as the last 3 or 4 versions.

15. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    Nvcontainer?

If you do minimal install then try with nvcontainer folder. I get that a lot less now, but now it's like another user said once; it happens only if I open nvcpl and then change DSR.

When I started to include this nvcontainer folder it's much better, atm at 397.64 and got only 1x, before without folder very frequent, usually by flashplayer, VLC, winamp; Then by reboot ... a process stopped responding nvcontainer 04050604 and some random number

16. chrisarjona

chrisarjona Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia 820M/4Gb
  17. Agent-A01

Agent-A01 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 FE H20
    There's a inf modding guide on the main section of nvidia drivers here.

18. tensai28

tensai28 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    rtx 4080 super
    So far these drivers are working pretty smooth for me. Pretty much identical performance as all the other drivers. I only installed them for the bf5 beta but so far no crashes on my end. Using the clean drivers found on this forum and a 1080ti with oc and windows 10 1803.

edit:hmm take back what I said. Had a random system crash watching netflix. Never seen that happen before. Not sure if it's driver related but other posts on here lead me to believe it might be. Hopefully a hotfix is incoming.

Last edited: Sep 9, 2018
  19. chrisarjona

chrisarjona Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia 820M/4Gb
    Sorry mate, i downloaded this driver, but also make my modified .inf, the driver cannot install. What is the problem?

20. cricket bones

cricket bones Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW

The problem is you have a now unsupported card and on top of that, this whole 'clean no crap driver' thing is asinine and ridiculous.

CaptaPraelium likes this.