Battlefield 5: Graphics Options of the Open Beta + Quickie 4K Video

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Sep 4, 2018.

1. DiceAir

DiceAir Maha Guru

GPU:
    Galax 980 ti HOF

So i9 9900k will be a nice fit for this game

2. Loobyluggs

Loobyluggs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060 12GB
    I have to say - even though I'm not on board with the battlefield series since, well, they screwed the BF3 community by netcode suffocation, this does look very impressive graphically.

Cap off to DICE, but, it really is no better than what other studios are pulling out of the bag right now, and...I can still see classic GFX glitches, like pop-up, LOD changes etc

3. Agent-A01

Agent-A01 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 FE H20
    That video shows the Ti getting as low as mid/high 1600s.

A 2000mhz clock should give it a 15-20% boost.

4. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Gaming OC
    And as always, just using sli profile from previous battlefield games gets you perfect sli scaling

[​IMG]

Means instead of getting 40ish fps, i get capped 58 fps (g-sync) with 60% gpu load. Sadly changing the render res to anything but 100% makes the game go CRAZY ! So can't use any downsampling, as i would otherwise have done...

5. Pimpiklem

Pimpiklem Guest

GPU:
    amd
    Seeing this tells me we dont need ray tracing.
    its a passing interest but not needed at all.

Dragam1337 likes this.
  6. Loobyluggs

Loobyluggs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060 12GB
    I disagree, but I'll meet you halfway: Real-Time ray-tracing is not really necessary, but when light-maps get baked into levels/maps for games by using ray tracing - that's fine and dandy.

7. Pimpiklem

Pimpiklem Guest

GPU:
    amd
    Real time lighting and reflective effect off to the side out of field of view so no standard methods will work in that situation wont be noticeable unless its pointed out during a pause.
    Honestly i think ray tracing is just hype and just a drain on rendering when alternative methods work just as well visually.
    In fact i would say not having ray tracing is better because game developers have to put in the time instead of relying on the game engine to do all the work for them.
    You get better results if its done manually,When things are automated something is lost. The creative element takes a hit , eventually all games will look and feel the same.;

8. Spets

Spets Guest

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Raytracing is the holy grail of computer graphics, I really don't see why you wouldn't want a move in that direction to be honest. The amount of time spent on trying to fake realism with shadows, lighting, reflections, etc. should be spent on producing a better quality game.

Fox2232 likes this.
  9. BReal85

BReal85 Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapph RX 570 4G ITX
    Wonder how much more work is that. I, on the other hand, say, that spending more time on AI or graphical bugs like body glitches through textures would mean so much more for games than spending time on producing real time lightning.

10. drac

drac Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3080 Ti
    How’s the gameplay? I didn’t like bf1 gameplay wise (graphics are awesome though). Bf1 just reminds me of cod, too much constant killing, dying rinse repeat and not enough down time and strategy. Bf3/4 was better in this regard, more realistic.

11. icedman

icedman Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI MECH RX 6750XT
    While raytracing seems great in theory I see it being alot like physx AMD will be locked out of it or won't be able to achieve it efficiently and it won't be adopted.

12. Aura89

Aura89 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    Then you have no idea what raytracing is lol

13. Robbo9999

Robbo9999 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    Ah, does that mean what you said earlier about getting less fps in BF V vs BF 1 is no longer true? Poorer performance in BF V was just due to poor sli scaling for you.

14. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Gaming OC
    Nah, before adding sli bits, i was only using single gpu. Look at hilberts vid - when running around with the 1080 ti, he is down into the 50s, where in amiens (equivalent map in bf1) he would have been above 70 the entire time :)

Robbo9999 likes this.
  15. Robbo9999

Robbo9999 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    Ah, ok, cheers.

16. StarvinMarvinDK

StarvinMarvinDK Maha Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D 4070Ti 12GB
    Well, almost 60 fps in 4K - happy that I game in 1440p then :D

17. crashburn162

crashburn162 Active Member

GPU:
    MSI 1080 Ti Wc
    You can't turn off AA its either TAA-low or TAA-High and as you know TAA makes things blurry as hell, people are saying that in the alpha you had all the other options for AA, this is really a bad decision from DICE if this is in the full game I am not buying it I run on 2560x1440 and AA is not relevant for me and if I put AA on it will be FXAA on 2. Also this AA always on thing is what makes people thing the game is running worse.

18. nizzen

nizzen Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3x3090/3060ti/2080t
    2x 1080ti @ 4k bf1 sli bits 100+ fps ultra settings.

GG

Dragam1337 likes this.
  19. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Gaming OC
    They call it taa low, but it's really just fxaa, not temporal anti aliasing. Only taa high is.

But i agree with you that it sux that we don't get the option to turn aa off.

20. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Gaming OC
    Just remember to set aa to taa low, as taa high increases the latency alot with sli.