Battlefield V: GeForce RTX 2080 Ti Rotterdam Gameplay

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Aug 30, 2018.

1. Margalus

Margalus Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI Ventus 3060 Ti
    Some of us are getting older and cannot stay competitive with the younger crowd on multiplayer, so when they completely ruin the single player experience like they did with that crappy BF1 it destroys our faith in the franchise and we don't preorder it any more. For single player they need to go back to fun campaigns like in BF Bad Company 2. I'm not saying don't concentrate on MP for those that like it, just get back to fun single player also if you are going to include single player.

2. rm082e

rm082e Master Guru

GPU:
    3080 - QHD@165hz
    Totally agree. Makes me wonder if the lack of campaign will have an impact on BO4 sales.

I played Modern Warfare 1 & 2 a few times just for the campaign. Ghosts wound up being the last one I bought from CoD - Bad Company 2 on the EA side. For me, Borderlands and Wolfenstien/Doom took over the campaign shooter spot for me.

3. Mesab67

Mesab67 Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1080
    While we all greatly welcome the higher quality gfx and greater immersion we've seen over the years, the indicators here are that NVIDIA have risked way too high a cash grab.

1. The very idea that all tech enthusiasts (especially those who personally have to work for the required funds) with >1080p monitors and system-matching CPU + gfx cards, are now forced to downscale to a non-native 1080p just to experience RT in its current form - and at <60 fps unless the developer intends to limit the RT potential, is a bitter pill we most certainly don't want to swallow.
    2. While I'll keep repeating that we need to wait for the reviews (though a certain Tom will accuse us of being "price-panicked pundits"), the suggestion is that the non-RT performance increase is less than we'd expect from a like-like comparison, and...
    3. The product cost is way off the mark and thus offensive - how dare it be demanded that we pay the shocking increase in what is being asked. Anyone who can afford a 2080/Ti will not be happy to be forced to game at 1080p just to experience the primary selling point, and at an fps range far away from the invested system funds.

Solfaur and Robbo9999 like this.
  4. fr33k

fr33k Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4080 VENTUS OC
    i think their target audience is streamers and miners. In their heads people will watch 1080p streams to get RT content and not buy the fancy graphics cards. They will be high cost due to low demand or the demand for mining. It isn't a risky cash grab then.

5. ubercake

ubercake Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC Blk
    BF V delayed until Nov 20? What???

6. Mesab67

Mesab67 Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1080
    Indeed. Now try again.

7. fr33k

fr33k Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4080 VENTUS OC
    technically delayed until nov 9th for origin access people. They are pushing for more pre-orders really.

Solfaur likes this.
  8. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    I thought they'd be pushed to get it to 60fps at 1080p in such little time.

9. RavenMaster

RavenMaster Maha Guru

GPU:
    1x RTX 3080 FE
    Would rather switch off Ray Tracing and have buttery smooth 4K 100hz gameplay with a few less reflections to be honest.

chispy and Dragam1337 like this.
  10. favelle75

favelle75 Member

GPU:
    PowerColor RX480
    On a moral level, I really don't care for nvidia much Been an AMD user for the last 3 gens now. But I really don't understand the "4K or nothing" mentality. Resolution is not the be all end all. Not even close. I would MUCH rather more and better effects than some higher resolution. Watch a blu ray, which is one of the cleanest 1080p sources of video that we have. Are games at the level of realism that a simple 1080p movie produces? No. Lighting and animations and pretty much everything are so far off. I'd rather get better effects at 1080p than what we have now at some random higher rez.

11. Fox2232

Fox2232 Guest

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    Go away, you are wasting your time. Very few people here understand per-pixel-precision. I did learn it hard way.
    But while there is a lot what can be done to improve mere 1080p IQ, it should not be at cost of going from 160~200 or more fps to 50~70fps.

Anyway, I always more appreciate good gameplay over visuals. (Story or Mechanics, that's where my money go. Cut scenes and similar is not something that get me to buy game.)

airbud7 and RavenMaster like this.
  12. Jespi

Jespi Member

GPU:
    8GB
    NVIDIA has presented three types of RT. RT Shadows with Tomb Raider, RT Reflections with Battlefiend and RT Lighting with Metro Exodus. So with elementary school math(taken with grain of salt) One type of RT = 60FPS in FullHD, so all three types of RT = 20FPS in FullHD :D :D That's ridiculous, so we will be able to experience full raytracing in games in maybe, maybe next three generations. If...big IF, raytracing won't die out like hairworks or GPU computed Phycis :D
    Again taken with grain of salt, but i think in a sarcastic way, i'm pretty much correct

Last edited: Aug 30, 2018
    Solfaur likes this.
  13. ThEcLiT

ThEcLiT Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 460 1gb OC
  14. Andrew LB

Andrew LB Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080@2,025
    nVidia already met and actually exceeded your beloved future that is 4k@60fps if you had actually paid attention. Almost every non-raytracing demo they had the other week was running 4k@100fps. Most of those games couldn't even hit 60fps on a 1080ti @ 4k, which kind of destroys this claim that 2080ti is only slightly faster.

The fact of the matter is anyone who was expecting 4k@60+ fps while utilizing raytracing either incredibly uninformed or is just using this as another excuse to talk sh*t on nVidia since i guess thats all AMD fanboys have left.

tensai28 likes this.
  15. cowie

cowie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX
    oh hell no

16. cowie

cowie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX
    oh just hell no

17. Andrew LB

Andrew LB Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080@2,025
    Where are you getting this nonsense? GPU computed Physics (PhysX) wipes the floor with the CPU calculated variety. The only reason why more games dont properly utilize it is because as usual, consoles (see: Potato) are holding things back with parity clauses as part of their licensing agreements, and yes... parity applies to the PC version of the game as well.

18. cowie

cowie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX

awesome sauce A step to better gphx is cool.
    that said all this bs new stuff all these years and bf still does not have moving clouds that block the sun every once in a while till then we will never have real shadows.
    always so sunny and cloudless or cloudy with rain \

sry for multi posts

19. CyberSparky

CyberSparky Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 XC3
    Just hopeful that the delay means we don't have to wait 6 months worth of patches to truly enjoy the MP experience. Unlike the past few releases. Not gunna hold my breath though. :rolleyes:

At least when it does release, we can all get some freebies from all the new GPU owners staring at their reflection in the world instead of playing the game. :D :p

20. bigfutus

bigfutus Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3080 VENTUS 10G
    Great, so now will be every freaking window and reflective surface polished like brand new, so it can reflect stuff.

Solfaur likes this.