AMD Chipset Drivers Download

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Apr 21, 2017.

1. liesenberg

liesenberg Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1060 6GB
    Just for the sake of information.
    In my AMD system I use the standart AHCI driver from windows...
    If you check the build version of the driver you will see that the driver from windows is actually updated with the matching version of your current Windows version.

Also in SSD benchmarks I have more stable and faster resuslts on Standard AHCI driver.

I spoke to an MVP about the fact of date of the windows driver show 2006 and he basically says that this is intentional because it will not overwrite the driver of the AMD or Intel package in every Windows build update since Windows automatically updates drivers to a newer branch...

Also I had problems with AMD AHCI drivers and newer SSD's...

Thats why AHCI drivers from AMD need to be installed manually... because they have some issues...

So all in all AMD users are better off with Windows msahci.sys driver.

Best Regards.

2. AlmondMan

AlmondMan Maha Guru

GPU:
    7900 XT Reference
    These never seem to install for me... they just pop up like they are GPU drivers and then I can do nothing more. Or am I doing something wrong, do I need to manually install everything via device manager?

3. Athlonite

Athlonite Maha Guru

GPU:
    Pulse RX5700 8GB
    Pretty much if they don't install from the package then yes the only way is through Device Manager but that's only if they contain a driver for your particular hardware ie: SATA AHCI/RAID or USB3

4. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    When you run the installer, you should be presented with 3 columns. The left column shows what driver is presently installed. The center column is the driver package you're trying to install. The right column is the latest graphics driver. Click on the center column and select either custom install or express install.

5. Ssateneth

Ssateneth Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GeForce GTX 980
    I just install drivers manually, or I look for same hardware device ID in driver .inf files and install manually that way. 100% updated all the time. :)

6. TimmyP

TimmyP Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3070
    Bad advice. AMD Sata Controller over the Microsoft drivers make a definite difference, especially in load times. Why wouldn't you want to use the software designed for your hardware over generic ones?

7. oli3

oli3 Member Guru

GPU:
    2080 Ti
    I would avoid installing the AMD Balanced power profile for Windows 10. Avoid that at all costs and stick to the vanilla Balanced profile.
    Other than that AMD chipsets drivers are a must for any Ryzen machine.

8. Amaze

Amaze Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 4070 ti TUF
    Tell people why ;)

9. kendoka15

kendoka15 Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3
    For Zen+, the regular balanced profile lets the cpu downclock and downvolt when idle. With the Ryzen balanced profile, it forces a minimum CPU frequency of 90% which helped with Zen but not Zen+.