Preorder prices GeForce RTX 2080 and 2080 Ti

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Aug 27, 2018.

1. Embra

Embra Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Red Devil 6950 XT
    Still interested to see how over priced the 2060 and 2070 will be.

Those are the meat and potato GPUs.

schmidtbag and chispy like this.
  2. Mesab67

Mesab67 Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1080
    I'm really hoping to be proven very wrong on the following once the NDA is lifted and benchmarks flood in, and I'm a great believer in innovation, just as Jensen has managed to do with bringing 'RT for the masses' closer (despite many suggestions to the contrary, the realistic interaction of light upon each frame is central to immersion. However...

We already know that RT ON results in 30-60 fps in the latest Tomb Raider...at 1080p ! We'll add in a reasonable assumption that since this is a TR iteration then its core code is not changing that much (in the established an economical rinse & repeat fashion - that's fine...I love the TR series). Now add-in that NVIDIA experts have been heavily working very closely with the developers for a reasonable time frame (in their damnedest interests, of course)...next reasonable assumption: the RT functionality code will already be at a very advanced stage. Now, a simple Google search provides us with info on a significant additional purchase risk...that RT OFF comparisons will likely be a lot less than the price demands. Now, anyone purchasing a 2080 (Ti model or not) is not sanely doing this at this price to game at 1080p. Anyone like to guess at RT ON figures for 1440p and then 2160p and its implications in forcing a reduced, non-native (blurry!), monitor resolution?

It would be a damned good idea if folk did not validate NVIDIA's pricing so blindly. Perhaps, they're following blind advice from a certain very recent and now infamous Tom's article (now heavily modified from its original form) on why you should buy now, before reviews are out.

Anyway, though suspicions say otherwise, here's hoping the above is indeed proven wrong.

3. exzeth

exzeth Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1080ti
    This is ridiculous. Nvidia is single handedly trying to kill PC gaming or what? You can't possibly be a proud gamer when it costs more just to buy a graphics card than it is to build the rest of the system. Also these companies that are selling/price fixing above MSRP should receive backlash from the community & potential customers. Absolutely absurd. I thought $800 for the 1080ti I got 6 months ago was too extreme.

chispy likes this.
  4. Kaarme

Kaarme Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 4070 FE
    I'd expect 2070 to be over 600 euros. 2060 might not even be RTX, who knows.

5. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    Yeah that Asus one seems to cost most in Finland too and about the same amount as well.

I know I'm whining but fack these cards are expensive...
    You could buy a whole goddamn PC with that money.

I've bought cars that cost less than the RTX Ti for chrissakes.

Etc...

jura11 and chispy like this.
  6. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    They already do, and next gen will dfiently fly off the shelves if prices for gpu keep going stupid. I been die hard pc gamer for years over consoles but, but the gpu keep getting expensiver and those gpu listed there cost more then rest of my system, for those prices I rather go buy ps4 pro ( even with coil whine it has) and ps5 when it out which combined would probably be less.

my main reason with being pc game is cause of my game collection in steam/gog can be played on any system I make, unlike consoles which why not fan of them, if consoles start being able to play last gen games via disc/digital on the new system (the all run off pc hw now so no reason why they cant run the older games now) PC gaming will becoming dead to me

chispy likes this.
  7. Reddoguk

Reddoguk Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX3090 GB GamingOC
    Well i meant to say that the next consoles will be powerful PCs that may or may not even run Steam through it. If the next console is more like a PC than a console then 100% it'll be an option for me.

chispy likes this.
  8. GameLord

GameLord Member

GPU:
    GTX 980 G1 / 4 GB
    I will move to 30xx, skipping this generation. Just keep waiting with a 1080 Ti which bought at the release on a special price.

Dragam1337 and chispy like this.
  9. Octopuss

Octopuss Guest

GPU:
    -
    LOL, get ****** Nvidia. The cheapest price is about what I would be willing to pay for TWO higher end cards.

chispy likes this.
  10. HardwareCaps

HardwareCaps Guest

GPU:
    x
    huh? what? what consumer oriented part sells for 1800$?
    the 2080Ti is consumer oriented, maybe high-end but still a consumer product. has intel increased its price of the high end i7s by 50%? I think not

11. BuildeR2

BuildeR2 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 4090 TUF OG OC
    Man, these prices are seriously making me consider moving back to AMD. I've had plenty of NV/AMD cards over the last 2 decades, last 5 being R9 280, R9 290, 980Ti, 1080 and 1080Ti. I'm on a big 1080p LED TV using DSR where appropriate, but I'm seriously thinking of taking the money of a 2080 and just buying a Vega 64 with a nice 21:9 3440x1440 Freesync monitor instead.

G13Homi likes this.
  12. foetopsyRus

foetopsyRus Member

GPU:
    GIGABYTE RTX 3080
    [QUOTE = "Præses, post: 5578351, участник: 80115"] Стартовая цена для 2080 Ti составляет € 1375 здесь, в Южной Африке. Прекрасная страна третьего мира ... / с [/ QUOTE]
    да нет мой друг в России gtx2080ti до 1800 долларов, мы, скорее, 4 мира благодаря диктатору

13. Pimpiklem

Pimpiklem Guest

GPU:
    amd
    If you preorder you are crazy.
    Dont buy them the price WILL drop and that's a fact.

14. Pimpiklem

Pimpiklem Guest

GPU:
    amd
    dont overclock and you will be fine.
    In fact if you drop core clocks by 3% and overclock the hbm2 20% you will save 100 watts and be faster.
    I know how it sounds.
    Vega kind of goes against rational thinking.

G13Homi likes this.
  15. icedman

icedman Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI MECH RX 6750XT
    I get the impression that Nvidia doesnt expect to sell many of these and that its just another option for people already on 10 series cards to upgrade and people who haven't will see the 10 series as a great deal i just saw the vanilla 1080 on newegg for 570$ cad before a 20$ mail in rebate that"s only 440$ usd which is not bad. Now if these cards stick and this pricing stick PC gaming is dead to me as it appears on paper the 2070 will only match a 1080 and its msrp is already the same or more as the 1080's was which to me just isn't right nor worth the price.

16. BReal85

BReal85 Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapph RX 570 4G ITX
    I just hope most gamers will have their common sense and let these rot on NV.

17. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    I just looked at my receipt for my 9800gt it was 139$ which to me is equivalent to the 680/980/1080 series performance wise for those generations yet prices have gona insane, I love my pc and perfer it over consoles, but if prices on gpu keep getting stupider and stupider, im not gona want to keep being pc gamer, which make my steam collection moot

G13Homi likes this.
  18. Mesab67

Mesab67 Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1080
    - "I am beyond pleased and waiting happily for my successful RTX 2080ti pre order to arrive Sept. 20th"
    - the fish is strong in this one! (damage limitation continues? perhaps.)

If you're coming from a 970, the next logical/reasonable/practical/significant etc upgrade would - under the current environment - be a 1080Ti - not straight to the top with an unproven pre-release / 2080Ti with its comical pricing. Another post to try to validate NVIDIA's ever increasing extortion.

G13Homi likes this.
  19. Kasp

Kasp Guest

GPU:
    950m 2g
    I just hope they optimize the new wave of consoles for 144hz gaming and minimal input lag, I'm done with PC Gaming.

20. Athlonite

Athlonite Maha Guru

GPU:
    Pulse RX5700 8GB
    That would cost me NZ$2,394.56 If I was to buy it from your country then add GST (goods and services Tax) + freight + Duty all up would be over $3000 dollars