Core i9 9900K - i7 9700K and 9600K Pricing Surfaces in Online Shops

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Aug 24, 2018.

1. Paulo Narciso

Paulo Narciso Guest

GPU:
    ASUS Strix GTX 1080 Ti
    Looking forward to 7nm Ryzen to consider upgrading from my "mighty"4770k, and hoping that 2019 brings lower DDR4 prices :)

2. Fox2232

Fox2232 Guest

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    It is not that stupid to drop HT for intel. If you want to have your intel CPU as secure as you can, disable HT. Sucks, but that's how even RedHat sees it.
    But since SMT is important, I think intel has to rethink their implementation.

3. oxidized

oxidized Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1060 6G
    I don't really think intel will price those SKUs so high, it makes no sense like if someone was dubious about either getting new intel or AMD cpu this would clarify things...
    Sounds like BS to me...

4. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    my comment has nothing to do with security flaws being found, it has everything to do with the threads, i7 has always had hyperthreading and as such the extra threads, now intel is say i9 only now? for the prices they asking they better hope performance diffrence is better then 5% if that we been getting from year to year for long time, intel is not the only thing out there and amd is actual give intel run for the money now. yet intel still play the game that they only ones out there?

5. Fox2232

Fox2232 Guest

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    Yes. From customer perspective it may look bad. But from business client perspective, it may have some ground. Not that I do agree or like it. I do not.
    Absence of SMT should be something acceptable only in very low end CPUs. Because it took long time for SMT to be adopted on software level.
    And now intel takes it away. (That's if information is true.)

But consequence of mainstream intel not having SMT functionality and remaining dominant player in gaming PCs => SMT will not be thing you'll see that much in games.
    Seems like they are changing paradigm moment AMD did catch up. But we are ones who will be hurt.

6. StewieTech

StewieTech Chuck Norris

GPU:
    MSI gtx 960 Gaming
    Intel you drunk, go home...

7. snight01

snight01 Master Guru

GPU:
    GB RTX 4090gamingOC
    oh well, seems i'll build my pc next year and hold on to my xbox one x, ps4 pro and laptop.

8. Lebon30

Lebon30 Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3070Ti 8GB
    Ewww... this doesn't look good for the CAD$ prices...

9. icedman

icedman Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI MECH RX 6750XT
    Just get a ryzen CPU you will not be disappointed and you'll save tons of money on the entire platform i did and don't look back 230$ for my 1600 and 100$ for b350 asrock gaming k4 and that's before the refresh dropped.(all CAD prices btw)

10. EspHack

EspHack Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATI/HD5770/1GB
    if these prices turn out to be final I guess Dr Su might sadly die of laughter

11. xIcarus

xIcarus Guest

GPU:
    RTX 4080 Gamerock
    Bahahah Intel go sod off with those prices mates. Ain't giving you one penny just because of your greed.

12. Warrax

Warrax Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070Ti
    Price is high for having top IPC + competitive core count but wait for Zen2 (Ryzen 3000 series) and price will drop a lot if rumors about Zen2 are true.

13. Fox2232

Fox2232 Guest

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    I think everyone involved in $400 decision for TR 1920 w/ 12C/24T is laughing every time they even attempt to imagine faces of intel department responsible for pricing.

14. vazup

vazup Guest

GPU:
    r9 280X
    I dont think so. Most people who are on 144hz monitors are still going to pick intel at least if they want their minimum fps in games as high as possible.

15. Neo Cyrus

Neo Cyrus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    黃仁勳 stole my 4090
    Someone should tell Intel that they're not an absolute monopoly anymore and that some form of competition exists now.

Also tell them that my new EULA states that they must build an idol of me and sacrifice 3 liters of blood each at it every day.

16. metagamer

metagamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Dual 4070 OC
    2 things are happening in this thread.

1. people over reacting about something a 5 year old could have posted
    2. people will pay anything for the extra 10%. there's people who can afford stuff and will pay top dollar. diminishing returns are obvious when you go top end.

17. Fox2232

Fox2232 Guest

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    What are you bubling about? Very few people of gaming community have use of even that intel's 8C/16T or AMD's 8C/16T. Once you have use for those cores, you'll see that there are more people using PC than gamers. And you'll understand that with different kind of requirements, certain CPUs overlap certain categories. (In TR price change thread, I wrote about downclocking this 1920X to 3.6GHz, downvloting it for power efficiency... That kind of does not imply high fps gaming too, which is btw 240Hz, no longer 120/144Hz.)

Yes, 120Hz should be standard refresh rate any self respecting gamer should seek in screen parameters. No need to have locked in 120fps, those screens have G/Freesync.

18. Lebon30

Lebon30 Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3070Ti 8GB
    No.
    I never bought AMD and never will. I stick with what I have experience with, for better or worse.

19. Fox2232

Fox2232 Guest

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    What kind of experience you are talking when you talk about CPU?
    Do you need to learn something hard to learn when you move from one manufacturer to another?

Isn't it bit too hard for you to walk out of your home. Or God forbid entering nature... like forest.
    Aren't you crushed by great unknown revealed every night as Sun stops illuminating sky and Stars/Galaxies/... are visible?

20. Venix

Venix Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Rtx 4070 super
    What you buy is your own buisness ...but you know is the same as wearing nike shoes one day and reebok the next ...is not like you can't walk or you step in the unknown! They are x86 cpus ! Tell you what! Next generation hide the cpu names on the review see the price and the resaults and decide acorsing to your budget what is the best cpu for you! As far you do not open the case cpu z....or check the bios you can be working for months on this computer and you will have no idea if it is intel or amd!

Jagman, carnivore and airbud7 like this.