Gamescom 2018: Battlefield 5 - Official The Company Trailer

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Aug 22, 2018.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
  2. Pimpiklem

Pimpiklem Guest

GPU:
    amd
    EA fails to understand we want realism with world war games.
    Not white woman with mechanical arms or black or men or woman wearing face paint..
    May be there was a black squad in this world war but that would make them .000001 % of the amount who were there.
    Not exactly enough to justify having them take up 50% of the intro and game play.
    This is Europe not Africa , You wouldn't see a white man playing a tribesman in a zulu warrior tribe set in the 1890s would you.
    Fantasy political correctness gone mad i wont be buying the game.

RavenMaster and Mysteryboi like this.
  3. Rakanoth

Rakanoth Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    The game doesn't have be connected to the reality so precisely.

4. TFL Replica

TFL Replica Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3060 Ti
    Hilarious.

First of all nobody cares about hIsToRicAL aCCurAcy if the game is fun. BF1 wasn't historically accurate either, and neither were any of the WW2-related CODs. The closest FPS games have come to accuracy is Red Orchestra and Verdun.

Secondly, there actually were many black soldiers in WW2, and not just a few units here and there. Most were fighting for the US, France, and UK, but there were even some that volunteered to join the Wermacht. They were in the infantry, artillery, navy and the air force. Why not look it up? Do like 5 minutes or even 10 seconds of research.

Noisiv likes this.

5. Pimpiklem

Pimpiklem Guest

GPU:
    amd

I know my history,
    a french garrison was given to the usa who entered the war late.
    Such a tiny inconsequential % of the total amount its one grain of sand on a beach hardly cause to put them in a game.
    This is a fantasy politically correct game and that is why its failed to sell.
    People want accuracy or else what is the point.

6. Pimpiklem

Pimpiklem Guest

GPU:
    amd
    I want to play a zulu IN africa game and i want to put white men and woman people into it.
    Sound ok to you ?

[​IMG]

Mysteryboi likes this.
  7. Fox2232

Fox2232 Guest

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    World War I
    [​IMG]
    Officers of the 366th Infantry Regiment returning home from World War I service.
    [​IMG]
    Soldiers of the 369th (15th N.Y.) who won the Croix de Guerre for gallantry in action, 1919
    The U.S. armed forces remained segregated through World War I. Still, many African Americans eagerly volunteered to join the Allied cause following America's entry into the war. By the time of the armistice with Germany on November 11, 1918, over 350,000 African Americans had served with the American Expeditionary Force on the Western Front.[32]

Most African-American units were largely relegated to support roles and did not see combat.

World War II
    We call upon the president and congress to declare war on Japan and racial prejudice in our country. Certainly we should be strong enough to whip them both.
    The Pittsburgh Courier[46]

Despite a high enlistment rate in the U.S. Army, African Americans were not treated equally. At parades, church services, in transportation and canteens the races were kept separate. The Women's Army Corps (WAC) changed its enlistment policies in January 1941, allowing for African-American women to join the ranks of Army nurses to strengthen the war effort. Much like with male soldiers, Black women were given separate training, inferior living quarters, and rations. Black nurses were integrated into everyday life with their white colleagues and often felt the pain of discrimination and slander from the wounded soldiers they cared for and the leadership assigned to them.[47]

Elizabeth "Tex" Williams served in the Women's Army Corps as an African American military photographer from 1944 to 1970. According to scholars, she was one of the few successful women photographers in her time.[48]

[​IMG]
    Phyllis Mae Dailey was sworn into the Navy as the first African-American woman in World War II.
    The Navy did not follow suit in changing its policies to include women of color until January 25, 1945. The first African-American woman sworn into the Navy was Phyllis Mae Dailey, a nurse and Columbia University student from New York. She was the first of only four African-American women to serve in the navy during World War II.[49]

Many soldiers of color served their country with distinction during World War II. There were 125,000 African Americans who were overseas in World War II.

Additionally:
    Out of the more than 16 million Americans who served, 2 million served in Europe, though the war against the Nazis has an outsized place in the American imagination. That number of enlistees is remarkable. The US population in 1945 was 140 million, so roughly 11% of all Americans fought in World War II.
    (Every 16th soldier from US was black.)

Now as of combat presence:
    Let's presume that there was same chance for White/Hispanic/Black/... US soldier to die. (And ignore fact that for black soldier, surrender almost certainly equal death.)

A total of 708 African Americans were killed in combat during World War II out of 405 thousands killed US soldiers.
    This points us to quite different ratio as every 5th soldier who shipped to War died. If all soldiers saw same opportunity to die then there would be 27 thousands of dead black soldiers. That's not the case. Actually ~38times less black soldiers died than others.
    This means that with equal opportunity to die in combat, only around 3300 black soldiers saw combat.

And that's presuming that every non-black soldier shipper to war saw combat and therefore had opportunity to be killed. Because if less non-black soldiers saw combat, then their chance to die was higher than 20% making non-black to black death ration higher than 38 and therefore pointing to less than 3300 blacks seeing combat.

If we presume that all 1,875 million non-black soldiers saw combat (to maximize number of black soldiers combating), there was 1 black soldier per 568 non-blacks.

And apparently quite some portion of soldiers serving were nurses. So, you can guess that actual combat presence ratio is even worse.
    In 50 vs. 50 match, having one Black soldier on US side would be huge hyperbole.
    = = = =

Now to the game realism:
    If game has black soldier in selection for given nation, and it should have it for US as there were black US soldiers in WW2, any number of players should have right to select that skin for US.
    Same goes for Women. Or any group/individual. Anyone remembers that photo with man having bow and sword? I would not freaking mind to play as bowman in WW2 game.

8. cowie

cowie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX
    thx for the history lesson.
    I am so going to exploit the building stuff with my shovel
    kinda sad if they don't have m1 rifles sticky bombs and a beach like setting with boats

9. Pimpiklem

Pimpiklem Guest

GPU:
    amd
    Yeah i know about them.
    but there like such a tiny percentage their hardly worth a mention.
    70 million people died in ww2 and you think 50 black men deserve to be lime light.
    Sorry but that is utterly disproportionate and misleading .

10. Pimpiklem

Pimpiklem Guest

GPU:
    amd
    hold on 70,000,000 vs how many did you say 125,000
    well considering american lost around 350,000 you think black men in the usa were 50/50
    Your talking nonsense mate.

there was 1 black soldier per 568 non-blacks.
    i rest my case.
    Oh and by the way most were only allowed to cook and clean.
    this is in your own words.
    its disproportionate . there shoudnt be any black men or woman in this game.
    its in europe not africa.
    And dont use wikipedia it has no legs and can say anything.
    https://www.archives.gov/research/african-americans/ww2-pictures

Im not saying they didnt contribute but in comparison to the natives from this part of the world they are being overrepresented massively.

Im done with this topic, having wikipedia used just sucks all the life out of the facts

Last edited: Aug 23, 2018
    Mysteryboi likes this.

11. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    I don't think it's people having an issue with a female character being in the video game, or how much melanin a certain character has in his skin, the way I see it the main issue is how the characters were portrayed unrealistically within a World War 2 setting.

If this were Battlefield 2143 for example, showing female soldiers, characters with any type of skin color, heck even robot characters, there would be no issue with Battlefield fans, I myself would be ecstatic at such a game being released, but no instead we get this game, and then when the fans of the series didn't like what the saw, they expressed themselves to dice about it and were told if you don't like it don't buy it, and now we see that pre orders are down because of this fact.

We know why these types of characters were shown of course, because EA will be selling micro dlc within the game to "give player choice" to make the character look different.

With that said, the BF5 raytracing demo was really good, I can't wait to see more games with that, it's kind of amazing.

12. DesGaizu

DesGaizu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AORUS 3060TI
    They should make it so the German side always lose no matter how many points they have. Wouldn't want to alter reality now would you :3

13. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    Although if you are to use that argument, the Germans did win a lot of battles now didn't they, the war itself... well... they of course typed GG in chat at the end.

14. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    They're not going to sell many microtransaction items with standard soldiers wearing standard combat gear from that time are they? The whole representation crap is just smoke and mirrors. Don't take their games too seriously.

KissSh0t likes this.
  15. Mysteryboi

Mysteryboi Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX TITAN SC
    If you haven't figured it out by now "THEY" are pushing an anti white narrative , erasing white history as best as they can and pushing multiculturalism and race mixing everywhere they can its all a big political agenda by you know who

Some care and understand other's who haven't quite grasped the accomplishments of our ancestors or have little understanding of genetics will never get it and see you as a racist and just being overly dramatic

I'm with you though i won't buy any EA , UBISOFT or ACTIVISION games complete boycott

Pimpiklem likes this.

16. Pimpiklem

Pimpiklem Guest

GPU:
    amd
    We shouldn't be having any blacks shown within this game.
    Not saying they was never part of the war they was and they deserve to be acknowledged for their sacrifice but disproportionate excessively overly represented is wrong and mocks the majority's contribution.
    If both my gran parents were alive they would be disgusted.
    Not because they are racist but because its a blatant lie.
    EA is spitting on their graves.
    I find this game insulting to my ancestors who dies to protect my freedoms.
    for a political agenda to strip us of our cultural identity.

Its always here its not happening anywhere else in the world.

17. Pimpiklem

Pimpiklem Guest

GPU:
    amd
    yeah i notice on the tv as well
    there has to be over 20 adverts now with a black man with a white woman with mixed race children.
    Never a white man with a black woman i did notice.
    You are right yeah.

18. Fox2232

Fox2232 Guest

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    You do not get it much. While there was tiny percentage of black soldier on front lines, there were some. That's good enough reason to include appropriate skin/body type into game.
    And it is on player to decide what character he wants to play as. You are fighting against 2 things. One is that there are a lot of people who would rather play BF game with skin they like. (Be it black or other.) And that other thing you fight is studio itself for allowing people to have selection based on tiny, but real situation.

What you ask for is not that much different from asking:
    Soviet side players have to have very scarce ammunition and every other soldier has to pick rifle from dead soldier. And then require that one ***** soldier in game can die only after 4 Soviet soldiers die to keep ratio somewhat in order. + give Soviets 4 times as many life tickets...
    Reason for black man with white/asian woman works is simple. Those women are bearable.
    There is like 1 in 50 black women white man could have patience for because of their generally horrid attitude. So it is kind of based on statistical information.

I do have colleagues from entire world. I know that certain nations are more friendly than others. Certain communities are more open to outsiders than others. And I know tiny nuances and those huge warning signs each culture shows which many will not understand.

19. AlmondMan

AlmondMan Maha Guru

GPU:
    7900 XT Reference
    ITT: Too many white supremacists.

20. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    [​IMG]

*sarcasm off*