Is this the GeForce RTX 2080 Founders model?

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Aug 20, 2018.

1. Denial

Denial Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080
    The Pascal FE series would throttle after like 5 minutes of gaming. Perhaps they just wanted to avoid that for good?

fantaskarsef likes this.
  2. Fender178

Fender178 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 | GTX 1060
    Man looks good to me if it's true. Makes me wonder if AMD will go in a similar direction getting rid of the blower style reference cooler. Makes me wonder what the difference in temp would be compared to the AIB partner cards such as MSI and EVGA etc. Since there was always a huge difference in temp compared to the blower style cooler to the 2 and 3 fan coolers that AIB partners used.

tunejunky likes this.
  3. tunejunky

tunejunky Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7900xtx/7900xt
    1) quieter
    2) cooler
    3) SFF cases (unlike the Titan and Quadro...i mean you can, but who does that with those cards?)

4. Pimpiklem

Pimpiklem Guest

GPU:
    amd
    so who is going to sell their 1080ti for one of these ?

5. fry178

fry178 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 2080S WB
    @igorfiuza
    lol, look up how many benches almost always show better performance when cards are in a x8 slot (vs x16).
    tested a few cards (50/ti/60/70/80) on 2 rigs and its always a tick faster on x8.
    and you might need to read up how much BW a 3.0 slot has at 8x (and what cards are actually using)..

@Evildead666
    dust part is irrelevant on any rig with forced-air-cooling.
    almost all dust is dead skin (particles) which you wont be able to remove (unless using hospital/bio lab grade air filter).

so ANY airflow (even with just one fan) will introduce dust, one reason i chuckle when ppl talk about only buying cases that have dust filter/want the rig to be "positive" on air pressure,
    as its not preventing dust to get inside, just makes the particles finer and prolongs the time i can use it before dust builds up...

another reason i prefer a silent (read low rpm setup), as less airflow means less dust (entering rig).

6. PhantomGamers

PhantomGamers Guest

GPU:
    NVIDIA GTX 1080 EVGA FTW
  7. fry178

fry178 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 2080S WB
    Multiple sites have tested, especially with lots of ppl having newer cards and older boards.
    Iirc hilbert did it as well, but think he was doing it to look at pcx 2.0 bottlenecking big cards.
    Didn't really believed it until i tried it myself, and cards were consistently getting higher results for 3d mark (06 and 11).
    Haven't messed with games, the synthetic benches are just more consistent (scene/gpu load etc).

8. Evildead666

Evildead666 Guest

GPU:
    Vega64/EKWB/Noctua
    Not exactly on topic, but I would think that, litteraly overclocking on the razor's edge, dropping the PCIe link to 8x would lower the power used by that link, and that extra power could be used by the GPU.
    That would only be in extreme overclocking cases though, and power limited cases.

9. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4070 Ti
    Just saw the prices.

Nvidia is the new Apple.

fry178 likes this.