Razer Launches the Mamba Elite with a 5G Optical Sensor

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Aug 17, 2018.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
  2. cryohellinc

cryohellinc Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6750XT/ MAC M1
    50 Million clicks
    [​IMG]

3. Fox2232

Fox2232 Guest

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    Those switches can do 60M clicks easily, you just need robotic fingers which will apply only minimum required force.
    But it is not like there are some other companies making much better micro switches.

I am used to replace them as needed. With many cheap mouses, issue is not switch, but plastic pushing switch as you press. Because this plastic is too soft and gets grind by switch. Which is funny and tragic if one considers how weak force is required to press that switch.

Ricepudding likes this.
  4. Ricepudding

Ricepudding Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    I'm sure they could make switches that could last far far longer, but where would be the business in that? 50 million + clicks is a long long time enough to last years depending on use

5. nhlkoho

nhlkoho Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080ti FE
    Who can actually use 16,000 DPI? My DPI settings usually range from 800-2000 and 2000 is even way to fast in most games.

6. Mda400

Mda400 Maha Guru

GPU:
    4070Ti 3GHz/24GHz
    An application that uses raw-input can benefit from high-DPI mice.
    The trick is to lower the application sensitivity and balance it in hardware with higher mouse DPI to your preferred sensitivity.

Hardware is more accurate than software. High DPI mice are not a gimmick, but they need the application to support raw-input to be of benefit.
    A mouse with high DPI allows the mouse to reach its maximum polling rate faster since the mouse is moving many more dots/counts per inch at 16,000 versus 800.

Without raw-input, most applications produce negative acceleration when using a high enough mouse DPI
    (where the movement onscreen hits a strict wall even if you move the mouse faster) which make high-DPI of no benefit.

Last edited: Aug 17, 2018
  7. foxX

foxX Guest

GPU:
    XFX 6800XT MERC
    But can it do 24 million RGB with HDR at 240 fps?

8. TekkMarine

TekkMarine Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 980Ti GTX SC
    Like it's predecessor you'll have problems putting your computer to sleep.

9. Neo Cyrus

Neo Cyrus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    黃仁勳 stole my 4090
    People who were fed false information. I once read that if you crank up the DPI but lower the Windows/application settings to make it a reasonable speed that it'd be more accurate than a lower DPI with normal speed settings. Everything I've read afterwards says that's false, that's not how it works.

Personally I use 900 (whatever measurement Steelseries call it now) at 1440p most of the time with my Steelseries Rival 600. Which leads me to my next point; if you want to pay a stupid amount of money for a mouse, even when it's on "sale", I recommend the Rival 600 over anything Razer has despite Steelseries' crappy quality control and garbage-ass buggy software. It's my favourite mouse ever, and it's nearly as comfortable as the Logitech G502, but without the defective left click that mouse comes with.

That's unless you insist on a wireless mouse, which I don't know if it's a great idea currently, then I'm not too sure what to recommend.
    And its shitty scroll wheel material doesn't play nice with the RGB LEDs Razer use so despite the LED being accurate the colour on the mouse wheel will shift dramatically because of the material/refraction and look completely different from its original colour making it a thorn in your eye compared to the rest of the mouse. Yes, even the latest Razer mice to this day are like that. Also their scroll wheels still suck in general.

Last edited: Aug 26, 2018