Official Battlefield 5 Gamescom 2018 Trailer

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Aug 16, 2018.

1. Dazzzzm8

Dazzzzm8 Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1080Ti
    Great trailer! Needed some news and new maps to show off, bring on Gamescom.

So many salty nerds on here, Quake Champions is garbage and not in a proper state. The reason for the low preorders are probably because of the whole reveal trailer fallout and the 'if you don't like women don't buy it' or whatever it was.

For all the people saying a reskin, well... EA games 95% all use Frostbite now so they're going to naturally look similar in some ways, but BF5/V has so many game related changes that you guys seem to be unaware of that doesn't make this a reskin.

2. Lilith

Lilith Member Guru

GPU:
    nvidia GTX 1660ti
    I like how d00d bro jumps out of a 3 storey building, lands on his back into a tactiCOOL roll, gets up and keeps on fighting bruh! Then people complain about female characters in these games LOL. Prolly need to suspend your "Accurate portrayal of combat" mentallity when talking about Battlefield games, just sayin.... Still game looks ok for a shooter.

3. Smovs

Smovs Guest

GPU:
    MSI Gaming X 1080TI
    I have bought the delux edition and I have BF1 but it's bad I think, there are many opinions here I can see but I love the BF universe. :rolleyes:

4. Stormyandcold

Stormyandcold Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX3080ti Founders
    What a nice new member we have here.

Solfaur likes this.

5. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    Damn..... it takes place in rotterdam........... must get this now

6. buhehe

buhehe Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 6700 XT
    "I knew this was going to be a fight when I pushed for white soldiers in Sudanfield. I have a white daughter, and I don’t want to ever have to answer her question of 'why can’t I make a character that looks like me?' with 'because you’re white'."

Solfaur likes this.
  7. Benny V

Benny V Active Member

GPU:
    I had to join the forum just to respond to this ridiculous thread of comments. I've never seen such a sorry group of self-important hipsters in my life. Yes, there were women in combat in WWII. Yes, there are historical inaccuracies in the gameplay... because it's a game. If you're going to take the world's bloodiest conflict and try to serve it up as good ol' fun & entertainment!, it's probably better to take some artistic license and add some discrete elements that make it fun and entertaining and overthetop, but simply in the style of WWII, rather than implying that the horrific experience of WWII, in all its accuracy, can be passed off as 'tons of fun!'

To me, the gameplay looks exciting, in the crazy, chaotic way that DOOM (and seemingly DOOM Eternal) make their gameplay fun and exciting. I mean jeeeezum, Wolfenstein is anything but historically accurate and it's a blast.

More importantly though, BF has always allowed you to fine-tune your experience through the many different game modes and server rules. You can have this overthetop bombastic experience and be smiling ear to ear, or you can turn off the vehicles, limit the player count, turn on HC mode, etc and have a stealthy, high-stakes round where your every move is vital to the trajectory of the round.

Last edited: Aug 17, 2018
    big ROBOT bill likes this.
  8. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Wow the trailer really is awful. I much preferred the trailers for 4, at least they convinced me enough to buy the game (heavily discounted 3 weeks from launch lol). I'll try the open beta whenever they decide to hold it. I expect to not be interested but wth, I don't mind the demo :p

9. Humanoid_1

Humanoid_1 Guest

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2080 X Trio
    Looks pretty good to me, I used to love playing BF1 and 2, bought 3 but never loaded it for some reason...

Might pick up V, feels like it will have Much better action and strategic play than what I have seen on the last BF game which seemed a bit flat and boring.

10. DesGaizu

DesGaizu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AORUS 3060TI
    Much better trailer than the last two, having played in the alphas I'm pretty hyped for this BF. It brings back a lot from BF2 and the gun play is a lot better than the past few battlefields.

It's a shame people seem more focused on stuff that doesn't effect the gameplay what so ever but owell.

11. DesGaizu

DesGaizu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AORUS 3060TI
    *posted in the wrong thread ;_;*

Last edited: Aug 17, 2018
  12. Loobyluggs

Loobyluggs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060 12GB
    The hit detection appears no worse or better than other FPS games right now - it's the collision detection that is a problem.

13. Stormyandcold

Stormyandcold Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX3080ti Founders
    I mainly play Instagib, so it's probably more noticeable for me.

14. oxidized

oxidized Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1060 6G
    What a huge load of crap.

>battle royale mode.
    LMAO

15. Hypernaut

Hypernaut Master Guru

GPU:
    5700XT Red Devil
    So BFV is a comic book mockery of WW2 just like Wolfenstein? RO2 is still undisputed king of the authentic experience.

16. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    I won't be able to play with you again haha... I remember playing BF4 with you, that was so funny.

big ROBOT bill likes this.
  17. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    No not this time, I feel a but disinterested in Battlefield since BF4.

18. pharma

pharma Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Strix GTX 1080