Official Battlefield 5 Gamescom 2018 Trailer

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Aug 16, 2018.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    DICE and Electronic Arts have released the official Gamescom 2018 gameplay trailer for Battlefield 5. In this brand new trailer, we get to see new maps and gameplay. From the shattered streets of Rott...

Official Battlefield 5 Gamescom 2018 Trailer

2. RavenMaster

RavenMaster Maha Guru

GPU:
    1x RTX 3080 FE
    So just a re-skinned BF1 then. Think i'll give this one a miss. Wake me when BF 2143 comes out. Need more Titan mode

Strange Times likes this.
  3. Robbo9999

Robbo9999 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    Pfft, don't like that trailer - just a load of bombast, doesn't really show anything. I'm sure the game will be better than that, some online gameplay I've glanced at suggests it's gonna be alright, really don't like this trailer, like it about as much as the first trailer that came out! I'm enjoying BF1.

Solfaur likes this.
  4. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 3080Ti Gaming OC
    I'm not going to even bother pointing out the several historical inaccuracies in this anachronistic trailer, my dream of having a somewhat authentic WW2 game in the beautiful frostbite engine has burst long ago. And then the obvious battle royale at the end... :oops:

I know that they plan on doing the battles chronologically (like they would go for historic fidelity lol), but this will be by far their biggest mistake with this game. Not having famous battles, or at least some of them at launch with a promise that "we'll get them later" is just bad. Not to mention that there is no guarantee that they will even bother with them down the line if the game fails (SWBF2 cough cough) and will instead shift focus on cosmetic microtransactions.

5. Pimpiklem

Pimpiklem Guest

GPU:
    amd
    Im going to make a game about the Sudanese Civil War and put white men and woman in.
    Its good to make things accurate hey very realistic.

buhehe, Fergutor and Solfaur like this.
  6. Reddoguk

Reddoguk Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX3090 GB GamingOC
    I had a BF1 feeling watching this too. It does look like a re-skin and i to won't be buying it since i only played about 200 hours of BF1 and for £105 no thanks.

7. Ziggymac

Ziggymac Guest

GPU:
    Asus 970 Strix SLi
    Yawn...seen it all before, played it all before.

8. Horus-Anhur

Horus-Anhur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6800 XT
    Although not as bad as the first trailer, it is still a bad trailer.
    It's just a bunch of disconnected explosions, people jumping of buildings, planes and tanks going around, and some bad music to wrap things up.
    As stupid and loud as Michael bay movies....

Robbo9999 and Solfaur like this.
  9. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    Too bad that a game that looks and sounds this good could potentially become a failure.

10. Fediuld

Fediuld Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD 5700XT AE
    World War II Online (known as Battleground Europe) is what you want to play.
    For more than a decade it is the only worthy WWII shooter/simulator.

True graphics are 15+ years old, but gameplay is so much fun. Especially when you play for hours defending or attacking the same village, house to house to break the Allies campaign......

Solfaur likes this.

11. Locoyote

Locoyote Guest

GPU:
    GTX1060 6GB
    Meh, I'll probably buy it on sale in a years time in an Origin sale and give it a quick play through. I like the flashy graphics and my GPU apreciates the excercise. :) (Just like I did with BF1 btw)

12. Loobyluggs

Loobyluggs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060 12GB
    Was that a battle royale wink towards the end; with that inward moving fire circle?

Pathetic.

I'm getting a lot of mileage out of Quake Champions right now - apart from the collision detection on the scenery and the netcode issues (other players are indicated to not be facing you, yet will either shoot you, or worse, be behind you, a lá TF2 spy) and play most days for roughly an hour.

It needs a level editor...badly, and private servers.

13. Singleton99

Singleton99 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3080 12gb
    I think i will be giving this one a miss , wish i hadn't wasted my money on BF1 to be honest ,hopefully one day EA will return back to the days of BF3 and 4

14. Toadstool

Toadstool Member Guru

GPU:
    Vega 64
    If I get it at all it'll be when it's on sale for cheap. BF1 is fun but I feel like it squandered some of the potential of the WWI setting. I really miss the days when FPSs had solid campaigns, there are so many epic stories from WWI, getting to play those out would have been incredible. At this point, it's not even that I'm burnt out on WWII era shooters (though the fatigue is setting in) it's that all the Battlefield games are starting to blend together for me, where each game should have a standout aspect based on it's era they all feel the same, just with different weapons. It's a bummer because the core gameplay is enjoyable and the games look and run great.

Singleton99 likes this.
  15. DLD

DLD Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX1060 6GB
    Wow, wow, after this battle, the city changed it's name into Rottendam.;)
    Looking forward to the game...

16. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    Ohhh, I finally see it now, this game is obviously being advertised to young girls and women.

Joking aside that was kind of boring.

17. RzrTrek

RzrTrek Guest

GPU:
    -
    I don't understand the concept of releasing unpolished sequels annually, it's the same old garbage with a few tweaks...

lucidus likes this.
  18. Mysteryboi

Mysteryboi Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX TITAN SC
    Fool me once shame on you
    Fool me twice shame on me

Not today Satan Not Today

BOYCOTT EA , UBISOFT AND ACTIVISION

Hypernaut likes this.
  19. Stormyandcold

Stormyandcold Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX3080ti Founders
    I'm really enjoying Quake Champions, but, the hit detection definitely needs work.

20. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    Apparently pre-orders on this new iteration are much lower than previous iterations.