God of War 4

Discussion in 'Consoles & console games' started by WhiteLightning, Jun 14, 2016.

1. boodikon

boodikon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Leadtek 8800 GTS 640mb (600 core)
  2. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Radeon RX 6400
    I hope they fix the game causing the fan to sound like a jumbo jet taking off, it is becoming really annoying and my system is new and only seems to do it with this game.

signex likes this.
  3. vbetts

vbetts Don Vincenzo Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    Only way to fix that is to shave Kratos' beard. Takes a lot to render that! :D

XP-200 likes this.
  4. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    If you got a pro you can remove the top cover really easy (so more air will be available.

5. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Radeon RX 6400
    ^^^Your joking right. :eek:

6. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Hmmm ... thinking of getting the game because everyone seems to love it. Next month will be PS4 month - Persona 5, uncharted 4 (kinda meh but I'll finish it), and maybe this!

7. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Radeon RX 6400
    ^^Cracking story, great visuals and music, i really enjoyed it although the ending kind of pissed me off in that TO BE CONTINUED WHEN YOU PAY MORE, so there are elements to the game i won't see until i cough up more cash, and i think 380 quid to play the game was more than enough. :p

I am going to pick up GOW 3 remaster, i know, i am buying ps3 games again, but not many, just one or two, Uncharted collection, Wipeout omega, and that game that comes with Hard rain free, and that is it, not one single ps3 remaster after that, you here me Sony. Lol

Last edited: May 12, 2018
    AsiJu likes this.
  8. TaskMaster

TaskMaster Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC Trinity 4080
    Guys, I am considering getting a PS4 Pro for myself and wife to play games together. Does this God of War have coop?

9. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nope.

10. serbicu

serbicu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Suprim

11. Calmmo

Calmmo Guest

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Zotac AMP
    Got it from day 1 bust started playing only recently, and finished it yesterday.
    Pretty good, but it does start to fall apart quality wise from Hel onwards.
    Repetitive enemy designs/low variety, and the combat feels like its too stiff and restrictive, lacking variety with too many poor hitboxes and animation teleports for the "difficulty" seem to wanted to go for. Moving around the world felt awkward too. The design felt like it was there just to mask hardware restrictions and it all just hindered pacing far beyond acceptable levels. It's really nice to look at but i do find they gave up maybe a bit too much to achieve this look.
    The "hidden" sequelbait was very much a miss too.

Anyway it sounds like im really sour on the game but i did like it quite a lot. I think its actually a positive for future games that the faults are so glaring. Means they might be able to actually fix most of these issues without having too look too far.

Oh and a wider camera for the next game, i can only hope :p This one almost gave me headaches. More of a hindrance rather than immersive. Good experience overal, but i wouldnt wanna play it again with its pacing issues.

12. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Ti
    This.... game.... is..... freakin AWESOME!!! I'm so happy the seller of my PS4 Pro had this game with it!

The combat, story, graphics, animations it's so breathtaking! The first boss battle was so cool and hilarious at the same time. :D

I play the game in performance mode, i see no difference between the two maybe because the game uses some type of TAA?

lucidus likes this.
  13. I bought this in Black Friday 60% discount because I knew this is not the GOW we know from PS3 era, but still...

So to sum it up...
    I've finished the main story in 3 days and I wasn't even pushing it.
    After 5 days I was on almost 100% completion, so not very good in this aspect.
    Best armors are locked behind terrible grind wall.
    You won't get Blades of Chaos until you get to 2. half of the game.. like WTF?

Main story has its bright moments, but it is average at best... An angry lumberjack trying to find the highest peak of the realms... wow...

Combat system is different from original GOWs, it's slower and clunky at times. The only real improvement I see here is the Atreus. The AI works quite well, shooting his arrows to enemies you expect to be hit even without aiming. Helping you in tough situations etc...
    There aren't BigGOD battles known from GOW3 for example. You just fight ONE GOD all the time, again and again... boring really.

Technologically it's well done. In some larger areas it's visible they had to do some compromises to get that 4K@30 (checkerboarded), but overall it has nice visuals, especially Kratos is very, very well done.

For me this game is slightly disappointing. Certainly not a 10/10 game, but solid 7/10.

BangTail likes this.
  14. BangTail

BangTail Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC
    Yep, this is (in my opinion) one of the most overhyped games ever released.

It's a very good game, no doubt about it, but when it first came out, everyone was jumping on the 10/10 bandwagon and I just don't feel it is a 10/10 experience.

I'd definitely give it a 7/10 (maybe even an 8) but the hyperbolic positivity of some of the reviews at launch was ridiculous.

SpajdrEX likes this.
  15. serbicu

serbicu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Suprim

16. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Radeon RX 6400
    But, but, they told us no one wants single players games, right. lol

17. serbicu

serbicu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Suprim
    Especially EA lol :D

XP-200 likes this.
  18. rm082e

rm082e Master Guru

GPU:
    3080 - QHD@165hz
    That's not exactly the sentiment EA expressed:

He has a point. People still like single-player games, but the liner experience has largely been replaced by "open world" games like Far Cry, GTA/RDR/, Fallout/Elder's Scrolls, etc. If you really stop and think about the modern single-player games that are very linear, there aren't that many left. Wolfenstein, Tomb Raider, and Dishonored are the big names that come to mind. There are other games out there obviously, but how many of them sell 5 million copies.

19. I've played all games that were nominated, but GOW wouldn't be my first pick for GOTY. To be honest, it wouldn't be even second...

All games have their own "imperfections", but considering the nominees, I'd have to choose between RDR2 and Odyssey.

20. vf

vf Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATi Radeon™
    While old post, it's always interesting reading peoples encounters with their playthrough's.

This being my first God of War, bought it on sale last week. I felt like giving it a bash on Give Me God of War.

I felt the bosses were relatively easy but had to be patient. Though, The Stranger was a fun boss. It felt like replicating a movie scene from 300. A tad gritty. What I've found quite infuriating were the draugr encounters, especially in swarms like the area falling through the bridge as they launch those blasted rocket fireballs. Fun challenges all the same.

serbicu likes this.