EmuParadise game website halts illegal ROMs in fear of lawsuits

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Aug 9, 2018.

1. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    There are so many rom sites that one disappearing really don't matter in the long run, there will always be people who will want to play old forgotten video games and they will always be available because..... the net is vast and infinite xD

Keitosha likes this.
  2. NewTRUMP Order

NewTRUMP Order Master Guru

GPU:
    rtx 3080
    True but to be above board all you have to do is send a letter to the copyright holder and ask for permission.

3. Keitosha

Keitosha Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX6800 / Vega56
    Nice Ghost in the Shell reference.

KissSh0t likes this.
  4. TimmyP

TimmyP Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3070
    All the games I have bought multiple times already, I will not be buying again. This only drives my hate for this shitty company even more.

5. scaredchimp

scaredchimp Member Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX970 SLI
    its easy to see why they are doing this, Nintendo hasn't done been as harsh as they are now, and it is only because of three words

Jailbroken Snes Classic.

they haven't strong armed emu sites as much as they are now as they want to sell titles on the sness classic

6. WareTernal

WareTernal Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX 7800 XT
    Sounds like a headline from 1998, not 2018. It would be nice if we could play old games for free, but when you look at the tiny little "toy consoles" now with all the ROMs built in, you can see that there may still be a little money left in those old titles that haven't sold in years. Sega Genesis games selling on Steam is another example of why these things can't be distributed freely.

Nintendo is following Disney's program regarding copyright law.

Anyone else remember keeping a 3DFX card around just for UltraHLE, or using a Glide wrapper to run it on your Riva TNT?