Download: MSI Afterburner 4.5.0

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Apr 24, 2018.

1. SimRacer925

SimRacer925 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 980 Ti Classifie
    Since a few days when I start a game the overclock is NOT being applied and falls back to default.
    When the PC starts the overclock is being applied, issue happens as soon as I start a game (doesnt matter which game btw).

Nothing changed on my pc. Whats causing this?

2. Pimpiklem

Pimpiklem Guest

GPU:
    amd
    Not that it matters because its AMD but Minimum, average, maximum dont work on AMD hardware.
    yeah i know it isnt important because AMD isnt the programs target im just saying.

3. Unwinder

Unwinder Ancient Guru Staff Member

It is RTFM issue, please read release notes carefully. And it was answered a LOT of times.

4. fpollan

fpollan Active Member

GPU:
    Gainward 1080GLH
    Hi
    'm using 4.5 since April ... is this the same version?
    Or do I download and install it again?
    Thank you very much

[​IMG]

5. RealNC

RealNC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4070 Ti Super
    There's a version indicator in the application itself, and there's also a "check for updates" button.

6. fpollan

fpollan Active Member

GPU:
    Gainward 1080GLH
    I think it's the same ... that's why it surprises me. After so many months, the same version keeps coming out.

Thank you!!!

[​IMG]

7. CaptaPraelium

CaptaPraelium Guest

GPU:
    The page says 4.5 but the link is for 4.6 beta 9. Normally, we'd see unwinder release a beta version in the forums before it hits this download page, but not this time.

"leaked" MSI AB Version 4.6 NOT CLICKBAIT
    XD

8. mahanddeem

mahanddeem Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus GTX1080Ti StrX
    Thanks for the updates.
    Why 4.5.0 is showing page date of 9/18/2018? I have 4.5.0 installed for like 2 months now.

PS;
    OOPS, never mind, I saw the exact same question above lol.
    OK then,
    Thanks

9. kamak

kamak Guest

[​IMG] I'm interested in being able to set the Afterburner CC mv/frequency curve graph range, lower down the on the delta curve. pre 800mv range. Is there any way to do this through settings, or a complete reworking of the software? This program is used so much for crypto mining and has been for a very long time. I use the freq/mv graph exclusively for adjusting core clock and pl settings, yet as a Mining software tester, there is no way to use this AB element at the lower pl settings, Many miners are now setting their gpus to less than 75% PL. Would it be a fairly simple addition to the AB software to add this feature to be able to adjust the freq/mv graph range? a sliding range, so to speak or just an expanded range?

[​IMG]

Best regards,

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 21, 2018
  10. haxzion

haxzion Member

GPU:
    I tried 4.6 beta 9 and my custom fan curve got stuck at 20%.I reverted back to 4.5 and problem solved.

11. Unwinder

Cannot promise a GUI setting for that, but I can easily add power user oriented config tweak allowing you to customize the range of voltages visible inside VF curve editor.

12. Unwinder

Cannot confirm that, there are no changes for Pascal series cards between the builds. Please leave betas for more experienced testers.

13. haxzion

haxzion Member

GPU:
    I've been a PC tech for 20 years,is that enough experience for you?
    GPU fans locked at 20% maybe because i didn't do a clean installation ,i didn't want to spend much time into it so i reverted back to 4.5.that's all

14. Unwinder

An ability to read and analyze changes list between the builds is enough experience for me. There are no changes in fan control functionality for Pascal cards in this version, no need to continue please.

15. haxzion

haxzion Member

GPU:
    But in many cases when you do a dirty installation of a program you may experience some functionality issues.
    This is exactly what happened in my case so i had to revert back and redo my custom fan profile.
    It is not a bad thing to share your experience with the community, that's the purpose of a forum.

16. RealNC

RealNC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4070 Ti Super
    You should probably uninstall the previous AB first, and select to delete the profile files when asked. It's best to try a completely clean install when something doesn't work.

17. abdulhkeem

abdulhkeem Member

GPU:
    Corsair Vengeance 16GB
    any one upgraded to windows 10 1809 noticed afterburner icon not displaying normal one but windows defender icon instead? rivatuner as well?

got it fixed "Cleared Icon Cache" that worked!

Last edited: Sep 26, 2018
  18. SerjRozov

SerjRozov Member Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 1080 Xtreme
    Unwinder Hi!
    I don't know if anyone already bumped into an issue with 4.5 and rtss 7.1 but when I turn off on-screen display and set detection level to none in rtss, then oc profiles goes to default + fan control also can go into reset. Thanks!

19. Unwinder

You're referring to automatic software 2D/3D profiles management feature. Please peek into context help for this option, it is documented there that 2D/3D state detection is done on RTSS side. So if you disable any 3D application detection in RTSS via global profile, it is also absolutely expected to lose 2D/3D profiles management feature. That's by design and it was so since the very first version.

20. SerjRozov

SerjRozov Member Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 1080 Xtreme
    ooh my bad! Thank you for your work man!