NVIDIA GeForce Game Ready 398.82 Drivers Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by zandathrax, Aug 1, 2018.

1. jeffmorris

jeffmorris Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 760
    Stuttering seems to be worst in Bus Simulator 18 game.

cricket bones likes this.
  2. ManuelG

ManuelG NVIDIA Rep

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 2080 FE
    This particular bug only affected GeForce 600/700 series cards.

3. Killingspree

Killingspree Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1
    Got 3 freezes (2 sec each) playing WOW today with this drivers.
    I'll revert to previous one to test.

4. ManuelG

ManuelG NVIDIA Rep

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 2080 FE
    DX11 or DX12? It can be CPU limited, especially if you are running other apps in the background.

5. Killingspree

Killingspree Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1
    DX11
    My setup is i7 7700k (stock) + 16 gb ddr4 ram + gtx 1080

6. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    Has anyone come across an issue with games causing Windows Explorer to go to 15-16% usage and fail to exit cleanly to the desktop properly, instead showing a spinning mouse cursor and no icons on the desktop unless I use Task Manager to restart the Windows Explorer process? Explorer does not show as not responding but clicking on the taskbar or Start menu does nothing unless I restart the process. Sometimes, Explorer will restart on its own though but mostly I have to do it manually,

To clarify, this issue occurs relatively infrequently and the *only *commonality is that all of the games had been running at 4K using DSR on a 2560x1440 display. Games set to the native resolution appear to always exit cleanly with no Explorer issues as far as I can tell. Also, not every game played at 4K shows this issue. It seems to be random, perhaps dependent on how long it has been played?

This issue has persisted across several NVIDIA drivers, including this one, but I'm unsure if it is actually a driver issue (since it only happens when using DSR) or if it is some kind of security permissions hangover from moving my old Windows account to a new one a few months back. Of course, around that time, I upgraded Windows 10 Pro to v1803 build 17134 so it could even be that.

It's not a serious issue as restarting Windows Explorer always fixes the desktop, just an annoying one.

Last edited: Aug 4, 2018
  7. Darren Hodgson

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    Unfortunately for me, there still many Unity games which exhibit odd framerate behaviour (dipping down to 24-30 fps and then back to 90+ fps or remaining at 24-30 fps unless I Alt-Tab to the desktop and back) when using their default borderless window mode with G-SYNC enabled for both Fullscreen and Windowed modes. The only way to get around that is to use the -window-mode exclusive commandline to force exclusive fullscreen. I used this in games such as Yooka-Laylee, Dungeons 3 and Road Redemption to fix their horrid performance at launch.

As you can imagine, because of this I've grown to dislike most games that use Unity - I groan with despair when yet another one tanks to 24-30 fps on playing it - but it doesn't help that Microsoft themselves have been tampering with the way fullscreen games work as well in order to allow their (mostly useless) Games bar to display in fullscreen games that otherwise would not show them.

8. Glottiz

Glottiz Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TUF 3080 OC
    What do you mean by "doesn't matter"? If you do full install then you have like 10 Nvidia processes, unless I'm not entirely understanding your post. So yes it does matter.

Also I noticed if you uncheck stuff during setup but don't delete folders, it will install more files than it does with minimal method. At least that's how it was a year or two ago and that's why I started always doing minimal installs. It's the only sure way to be 100% positive no extra crap will be installed.

9. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    no, but, one of the first things i do after a new windows install is seperate the desktop and explorer processes in folder options settings.

fantaskarsef likes this.
  10. BahamutxD

BahamutxD Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus TUF 4070Ti
    Launched Vermintide 2 and noticed hard stuttering every second or two. Same symptoms as the old gsync bug that got fixed long ago. Tryed with gsync off and worked perfectly fine. Back to June drivers.

11. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    Well I never saw more then 1-2..

CaptaPraelium likes this.
  12. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    Now I suddenly feel the urge to watch someone play WoW on a ultra OCd LN2 CPU at like 6-7GHz to see how it really is :D

13. Darren Hodgson

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    Sorry but what do you mean exactly?

14. EdKiefer

EdKiefer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF 3060ti
    Maybe he means in view tab>Launch folder windows in a separate process.

Darren Hodgson likes this.
  15. Carfax

Carfax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 4090 Extreme
    These are the best drivers I've used for a while in terms of performance in games like Wolfenstein 2 and Gears of War 4. In fact, the latter now has asynchronous compute enabled again after being gone for almost a year. Although the setting to toggle asynchronous compute is still not there, the game is automatically turning it on as the performance has increased and it shows that async compute is enabled in the benchmark configuration.

16. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    Yes, that.

Darren Hodgson likes this.
  17. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    Wolf 2 runs great and issue free with these drivers.
    Can't compare though as just bought the game but no problems.

18. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    So far no issues. No CTD or bluescreens or weird performance for me.

19. Cave Waverider

Cave Waverider Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RTX 4090 TUF
    Oddly enough, the benchmark configuration on my machine still says it's disabled with these drivers.

20. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    [Firefox]: Cursor shows brief corruption when hovering on certain links in Firefox. [2107201]

I am almost tempted to upgrade to these drivers, if this means what I think it means, cause for aslong as I remeber and this going back 5+ years and to windows 7 and before the cursor had always randomly got corrupt when going over a link....