Graphics card sales to remain difficult throughout second half of 2018

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Jul 26, 2018.

1. waltc3

waltc3 Maha Guru

GPU:
    AMD 50th Ann 5700XT
    I'm really not planning on buying anything else until some semblance of sanity returns to the GPU pricing structure. These days I'm not inclined to want to spend >$250 for a decent GPU--I've been spoiled rotten by my $250 8GB RX-480, so that's AMD's fault, entirely...;) It's even holding up @ 3840x2160, which surprises me--and this with all eye-candy maxed! (I don't worry about frame rates--only whether the game is playable and mostly fluid *cough*!) If I could get another one of these @ 7nm clocked @ ~2GHz (480 is 1.305GHz @14nm) for < $300 I would be a very happy camper.

Silva likes this.
  2. Faslane

Faslane Guest

GPU:
    1050 Ti GTX 4GB
    So....they totally screw the gamers when crypto mining was in full force and offered ZERO affordable cards and NOW they're crying about sales?!???? Screen em! Make em dump them dirt cheap it eat em for that crap. They need to remember who built their business. GAMERS!

3. Faslane

Faslane Guest

GPU:
    1050 Ti GTX 4GB

The hell they didn't....They completely SCREWED gamers and catered to cryptominers and jacked the price up like 400+% did you forget?

4. Faslane

Faslane Guest

GPU:
    1050 Ti GTX 4GB
    "To begin with" doesn't matter. They still said they wouldn't forget the gamers and would release affordable cards and never did until crypto mining took a nosedive. They deserve ZERO breaks. They forget who built their industry.... GAMERS

5. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    The little voice in the back of my head is just going awww boo hoo....

airbud7, AsiJu, TheDeeGee and 2 others like this.
  6. Grotlo

Grotlo Member

GPU:
    GTX 980 ti G1 Gaming

1180 will be 2x faster than 1080 ti. MSPR will be $900.

So sell your kidneys for them, that is under the assumption that there will be any available for purchase.

Link: www.sellyourkidneystonvidia.onion

Last edited: Jul 27, 2018
  7. Seikon

Seikon Active Member

GPU:
    MSI RX480 Gaming X 8g
    So they finally admit AMD and NVIDIA increased the price for the GPU's they sold during mining craze , and now @least nvidia is buthurt it din't last longer , and wont lower the price(tho tbh same goes for AMD)
    So if you ask me , they will keep the price high even if they don't sell that well , the greed is big , what's even more funny is the fact that NVIDIA instead to lower the price of the 10XX series they give out cheap SSD's for free , like really now , all they had to do is take 50euros off every model , and people will buy some card's , but nope.

Anyway , i don't care TBH , i am happy with my RX480 gaming x at the moment , all the games i play run maxed out w/o any problem's , if by any chance the next 1160 will have same msrp but by some miracle have the power of a gtx1080 then maybe i will buy one, but i really doubt it.

8. Killian38

Killian38 Guest

GPU:
    They really have no option other than lowering GFX card prices. With Christmas coming up they have no choice.

9. screwtech02

screwtech02 Master Guru

GPU:
    6900 XTU
    SInce when was it deemed "ok" for a decent mainstream card to be $600+??

People whom think its "ok" are just part of the problem with the current anal fleecing going on with GPU's.....

The Phoenix likes this.
  10. icedman

icedman Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI MECH RX 6750XT
    Cant say i feel at all bad when they`re still selling 2 year old cards at launch prices and made a killing in sales with the mining craze.

The Phoenix likes this.

11. Alienwarez567

Alienwarez567 Active Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1
    I have yet to see hardware prices dropping to a price that is shows that we are dealing with 2 year old hardware

386SX likes this.
  12. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    This is it. They don't want to sell at reasonable prices. I still hope they choke on their inventory. Then throw up, and choke on that again. Literally.

They are ruining their own market because they fell for the mining craze, and now the gamers are supposed to pay their prices still to make up for their shortcoming of foresight and reason? So the companies simply made mistakes here, with the mining craze and how the market changed due to it, and now they refuse to pay the price for their bad judgement. Nothing else is to think about this, and it's been like this for months now. The only way to teach them we don't give in is... to not give in.

Simply... no. Not going to happen. Neither that performance nor for that price.

airbud7, -Tj- and AsiJu like this.
  13. Fox2232

Fox2232 Guest

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    Reduce prices, problem solved.
    Or solve it by reducing prices.
    Of try to release new GPUs which will perform better while costing same.

So many ways to solve this issue by making products more attractive via improving bang for buck. As that's only way gaming GPU sales improved through history.
    Did greed made them so forgetful?

14. includao

includao Guest

GPU:
    970 GTX
    Let them choke on their own overpriced cards.

Silva likes this.
  15. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Radeon RX 6400
    Just like petrol prices once they are up they almost never come back down.

Silva likes this.

16. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    You have it too? Thought I was hearing things...

airbud7 and StewieTech like this.
  17. Moto_Life

Moto_Life Active Member

GPU:
    Msi 1070 gaming X

You sound like a Nvidia shareholder. I can never understand why people like you defend companies like this. Its like you want to pay more for the stuff you buy.

screwtech02, -Tj- and Venix like this.
  18. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    [​IMG]

airbud7 and fantaskarsef like this.
  19. Venix

Venix Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Rtx 4070 super
    oh boy where do i start ?!!!!
    there is cheating on every platform ... also gaming is not only multiplayer
    ... the advantage is gone ? as far i can remember nothing changed since the last generation !
    i do not like the anti consumer practices of both Microsoft and Sony , pay to play online ...because reasons ... fork 20%on top of the price to sony and microsoft , have 0 or almost 0 control over settings ... locks to 30 fps low fov ...how about you let me choose , my pc can not handle 60 fps ? fine i would forfeit quality to achieve this goal i do not mind 30 fps ...sure i will pump the quality !
    Visual Differences ...well those are really subjective but darn coming to a hardware enthusiast forum pretty much calling everyone full nerd , darn spoke like a real peasant !
    Consoles have also the advantage of locking you down to what ever policy sony and microsoft feel is right ....
    last one ...yep because when you die on a pc game is because someone cheat ...else how can you possibly loose i mean you are practically a gaming god no ? ...while on consoles ... you die ..cause ...ahmm all the gaming gods gathered together ... i guess ... ?

bottom end ...you want to play on consoles ? play on consoles that's fine your money to spend you choose to spend em on what ever you want , my self i prefer options and my computer is not only a gaming machine !

that puzzles me too ... when for example a card consumes 180 watts and the other consumes 150 ....while they are similar .... on a desktop ... that would be what ... max 5 usd/euros a year

HonoredShadow likes this.
  20. NewTRUMP Order

NewTRUMP Order Master Guru

GPU:
    rtx 3080
    I do remember Nvidia trying to reel in the gouging of prices by asking the suppliers to offer restrictions on how many cards you could buy at one time. But that was too little too late. Nvidia's own product site offered lower prices but never had anything in stock, which I found to be unbelievable because um don't you make this stuff? In January a Gtx 1080 easily topped $1000 in asking price. Now on Newegg you can get a Gtx 1080 for $449 U.S. with a mail in rebate, but most other 1080's remain at or near original Mrsp. And bad things may be coming our way again since crypto prices are starting to go back towards the plus side. If this trend continues into August you may have another buying frenzy when Nvidia finally drops their much anticipated 1180 series. Of course the emotional side is screw that I am not buying their card. But the logical side is there "will" be a buying frenzy and you will not get an 1180 series card for anywhere near the MRSP! Every miner looking to recoup their losses of late is going to jump in, every enthusiast who has been waiting for two years for a new card is going to jump in and every other pc builder and run of the mill gamer is going to jump in. So I don't see Nvidia running scared and neither are the dealers. If you can lock in or they offer a pre release buying offer I would recommend you doing that. Because this release is going to go nuclear and the price gouging Deja Vu will be at full tilt. So as Nvidia sings don't cry for me Argentina, be aware they are by no means going to lose any money on this one as much as you want them to.
    [​IMG]