The Guru3D Screenshot Thread - RTFM! #27 - READ THE RULES IN 1ST POST

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by morbias, Jan 25, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Janitor

The Janitor Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 3080 Ti
    If you combine it with resolution scaling most of the blurryness goes away. Sometimes a little bit of sharpening might still be necessary. But in BF1 the resolution scaling already sharpens plenty so you get double sharpening which looks pretty bad imo. Most modern games are desgined with TAA in mind so if you turn it off you get horrible aliasing. Just try turning it off in BF1, it looks terrible.

2. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Gaming OC
    Sharpness filters always looks bad imo, and i dislike anything that blurs... if we take bf1 as an example, i prefer 4k with 130% render res, with no aa, for a crystal clear image. Makes it much easier to spot enemies.

3. vbetts

vbetts Don Vincenzo Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    The talk is nice guys, but we gotta get back on topic please.

StarvinMarvinDK likes this.
  4. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Final Fantasy 15

[​IMG]
    Another MS Paint looking portrait. (There's one in the Hammerhead dinner of the chef and now here too and once again of the chef of the place.)

[​IMG]
    Totally not the obviously evil empire. (And once again versus the good kingdom, though at least unlike Type-0 the crystal should behave itself in this one and not go totally nuclear.)

[​IMG]
    Ah it's one of those games where the party members *absolutely* needs to be in-front of the player character, there can be no exceptions. (And the SSR reflections are bugging out as per usual, eh it can look good but it's really error prone in some games.)

EDIT: A bit more AA wouldn't hurt, the dither effect on hair and other transparent surfaces really suffers from this though distant low-poly geometry is also improved nicely though that's the usual for more open games with large viewing distances.

Patch and drivers has helped a little bit but the game is still pretty demanding if you go too high for the view distance settings and probably also the GameWorks effects since the shadows and vegetation effects are nice but also quite demanding so a higher overall view distance likely has a noticeable higher performance hit for these effects.

Next up, some chocobo forest and hopefully Ignis learns a new recipe or something, eh they'll probably never go for that, pom-pom on a stick?
    (But this wrinkly old elephant-thing in the above images? Totally eating that and just about anything non-mechanical really or outright supernatural.)

EDIT:
    [​IMG]

Now that's kind nice looking, let's raid the place! Ha ha as if, probably going to be plot gated until you actually need to be here.
    (This looks different, it must be story related!)

EDIT: Well the distant terrain kinda looks "undefined" or well flat with limited texturing and detail but it's outside of the few zones that are actually playable in the game and outside of the boundaries of said zones too even if it were to be within the current active zone of the game.

I think there's three or four full zones in total and then some smaller briefly visited areas and then for Ansel or other camera tools you can explore far more unrestricted and see just how much is detailed and even somewhat built in although much is unfinished and rough since you can never reach these areas in the normal game and some parts are almost cut entirely or are cut entirely.

Last edited: Jul 3, 2018
    AsiJu likes this.

5. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    DisHonored 2

Continuing my non-lethal/ghost run...

I'm getting so damn good at hiding bodies...

So, anyone that comes in this room... will just think these two ladies are just having some "special" time...
    [​IMG]

And so long as nobody goes in this closet... I'm good.
    [​IMG]

6. kx11

kx11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    FFXV

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Party Poison and StewieTech like this.
  7. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Far Cry 5 - Photo mode. (As of the new patch.)

[​IMG]
    Hair spray of the ages...or at least of the 80's ha ha. (Hair and cloth physics? Not in this engine.)

[​IMG]
    Unfortunately the player character clips out of existence if you try to get any closer with the camera though other characters are fine for some reason, as usual distance is limited to a small radius around the player unless you use "ep1c h4x" or something to remove these camera restrictions.

Comes with a time of day slider, some few filters and everyone's lovable effect known as eye strainer...or chromatic aberration ha ha.
    (And film grain plus a few others, it's pretty lightweight but it's functional.)

EDIT: And yeah the shirtless combo is a bit silly but at least Ubisoft paid a bit of attention to a certain scene.

There's no shirt ripping in the church during John's little scene about wrath if you this or the Far Cry Primal one which well it's about the same with some prehistoric teeth necklaces and armbands really.
    (Could use one of the masks from the previous updates but I kinda the sunglasses.)

EDIT: It needs something more to it.

Last edited: Jul 8, 2018
  8. metagamer

metagamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Dual 4070 OC
    BDO
    [​IMG]

signex likes this.
  9. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    Tomb Raider

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Shadow of the Tomb Raider is about two months away from release.
    It is time to replay this and Rise...

10. kx11

kx11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    SOTC

[​IMG][​IMG]

11. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Far Cry 5

[​IMG]
    Ubisoft finally unlocked the MG-42, but as usual these reward weapons have a set skin on them until the regular unlocks next week in time for whatever the next challenge will be. (Same day as Mars so probably related to that bit of content.)
    (Suppose it's intended to be flame themed but it looks like it's splurged with mustard and ketchup...)

[​IMG]
    Not that there's anything to actually use it on currently, everything else in main game is well wrapped up by this point though there's a group of nine cultists that respawn in Joseph's compound at least which makes some of the challenges easier.
    (Such as this one, cap 10 of them with slug ammunition using any one shotgun.)

[​IMG]
    So it's mostly just messing about in photo mode and seeing what can produce until the next bit of content is released. :D

[​IMG]
    Though it doesn't have too many options just yet but eh, might be possible to get something out of it and it's nice of them to actually add a photo mode at all.

EDIT: And yeah high-tech scope on a MG42 but it raises most of it's secondary stats so.
    (At least Ubisoft reigned in what you can put a silencer on.)

Last edited: Jul 10, 2018
    Dragam1337 and big ROBOT bill like this.
  12. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Gaming OC
    That mg42 is indeed freaking ugly in those colors, but god do i love that weapon... and i love that they give it the full 1200 rpm in the far cry games, making just utterly insane :D Now if only dice would do the same in battlefield -_-

At least i haven't finished the game yet (yeah, i know), so i can enjoy the mg42 for what remains of my playthrough :p

13. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    I do hope they don't pull what they did with the Desert Eagle and having four really basic solid color choices instead of actual skins, default was thankfully pretty good with it's standard steel look.
    Somehow the non-challenge Luger doesn't seem to have unlocked though so it's white and green with heart motifs ha ha.

Although the Desert Eagle suffers from requiring the .50 ammunition which you can only carry very little of and is best used with the bigger sniper rifles. Pistol slot only too which I mainly use for the grenade launchers ha ha.
    And yeah the MG42 is still really effective, takes a while to reload like all machine guns but while it's not the Buzz-Saw in terms of effectiveness (Or straight up being broken.) it's still enough for most encounters in the game.
    (Damage per second really wins out in this game when slower single shot weapons still can't reliably drop some wild animals without resorting to explosives.)

New Game+ would be welcome too and carrying over unlocks but I guess that'd go against the silver bars and those unlocked via that also carrying over into new games. Unfortunately.
    (It's not much else they're really good for, cash isn't a big issue with how valuable the animal skins are even if loot items are a thing of the past now and most enemies barely carry 5$ on them when looted.)

Dragam1337 likes this.
  14. kx11

kx11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    FC5

[​IMG]

15. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Far Cry 5 - Lost on Mars

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Well it's a new environment, the towers came back though. :p

16. Scorpio82Co

Scorpio82Co Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX1070 G1 8GB
  17. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
  18. The Janitor

The Janitor Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 3080 Ti
  19. Anarion

Anarion Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3060 Ti
  20. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    A friend gifted me a copy of Hatred. I'm pretty sure did this... because he hates me.

But, I played the game... for less then an hour. It's not a good game. And, the content doesn't shock or offend me, I could care less about that. It's just not fun. And the game tries so hard to be shocking... that it actually looses it's edge insanely fast and just starts to feel like tedious.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.