AMD Fury X Owners' Thread

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon' started by Fox2232, Jun 25, 2015.

1. Goiur

Goiur Maha Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF RTX 4080
    Spamming wont help you. If nobody is saying anything its because theres not much we can do about it.

RMA it, if the email or phone dont work, try with social media (twitter, facebook...). If you tried all that and visiontek its not answering you, you are screwed.

2. gurukustoms

gurukustoms Guest

GPU:
    radeon r9 fury x
    I’m not spamming I’m just looking for help sorry if I’m inconvianced any one and who thought I was spamming just looking for help

3. Mannerheim

Mannerheim Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 6800XT
    Bake the fury X in oven.... Might help. Internet is full of baking quides.

4. gurukustoms

gurukustoms Guest

GPU:
    radeon r9 fury x
    Bake it if I do that and it doesn’t work than what. I think it is just bricked

5. Fox2232

Fox2232 Guest

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    Fury X has dual BIOS, you flip switch and 2nd one is there. One of positions is write protected, at least on 1st batch. (unbrickable)
    You can do quite a few things, like checking voltage measurement points for GPU and HBM to confirm that VRMs are OK.
    You can boot it in system even without screen and secondary GPU and check device manager if it shows some way there. (RDP)
    You can check PCIe contacts on card itself. There have been people damaging interposer traces between GPU and HBM while replacing TIM as they are not protected.

And likely half dozen of other things. But 1st thing you should have done is opening your separate thread as this is one is about Fury (X) in general, not your particular broken one.
    Good Luck.

z8373767 and OnnA like this.
  6. Bitey

Bitey Member

GPU:
    Fury X fx5
    Just put fx6 on my gigabyte Fury X(ASIC quality 63.3) and it seems great so far.
    Was planning to tweak clocks up a bit as I was very stable at 1080 using latest AMD firmware.
    But it is running so nicely I will stick with it as is for a while... Reducing clocks and voltage and getting better performance :eek:

good work Fox232 and OnnA

update: spoke to soon, got a video card reset while gaming. Trying fx5

Last edited: Jul 15, 2018
    OnnA likes this.
  7. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    Always Try & Test
    If Ok Leave/Save and Play

Teeselation in AMD = Best x6 or IQ wise x8
    For Vega is best to give ATI Optimized (it will give Default Engine for any game)
    E.g. Tesselated Frogs in Crysis 3 has x8 Tess. :D

8. Bitey

Bitey Member

GPU:
    Fury X fx5
    fx5 seems reliable. Though oddly changes to the clock speed in wattman don't work anymore.
    So I am stuck at 1050, no downclocking or overclocking... but it is still better than orig bios and +50 clock.

9. Fox2232

Fox2232 Guest

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    Hi, Every chip behaves differently. Voltage to clock ratio simply may not be sufficient for yours. Best way is to take your stock BIOS and do mods yourself.
    (I get that very few do.)
    You can always take BIOS editor and just increase all Power Amperage limits, that's likely cause for your performance improvement with any of those BIOSes, as main thing improving performance is preventing chip from hitting Power limit and attempting to save Watts.
    (AB Power Slider does not affect all Power limits accessible in BIOS.)
    Since it looks like those BIOSes took away some functionality, I think it is better if you simply try yourself. GL, HF.

10. Bitey

Bitey Member

GPU:
    Fury X fx5
    Well, everything was working except clock changes. (even downclocking)
    So I followed a hunch and did a clean install of the same driver(18.7.1) and what do you know clock changes in wattman started working again.

I guess its always a good idea to reinstall gpu drivers if you are going to change your video bios.

Thanks again...really liking my free video card upgrade :)

OnnA likes this.

11. G13Homi

G13Homi Member Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    free? that may be the best deal ever. i gladly paid over market price for my first fury, loved it so much i had 3 in the house at one time.

OnnA likes this.
  12. warlord

warlord Guest

GPU:
    Null
  13. warlord

warlord Guest

GPU:
    Null
    Never gonna buy AMD again. Fine wine failed hard as the biggest lie in the industry check website above. 980ti destroys fury x for 3 years on.

14. z8373767

z8373767 Master Guru

GPU:
    6900XT/8650G+7970M
    Great article. Nothing about testing methodology, nothing about PC specs.

(EDIT: Nevermind, my smartphone don't shows buttons to previosly sites, to PC specs and other, my fault)

Watch_Dogs 2 was released in 2016, not 2015.
    Some of this game (specially FallOut4) can be tweaked to perform better.
    Tesselated Godrays best killer <3

About FineWine. I never heard about it from AMD directly. It's a users terminology. Where is this biggest lie in the industry?

"The new buzzword/meme, AMD's FineWine Technology, has been sweeping the AMD and PC gaming community over the last few months," quoted from one of 2016 FineWine videos.

Compare GTX 980 (notTi) to Fury (not X). Same launch price :)
    Or GTX 960 vs R9 380.
    GTX 960 is biggest dissapointment ever.

15. Fox2232

Fox2232 Guest

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    Let's ignore it being what it is (something that has no place in here as your intention is rather negative and post provides little to no value) and believe The Numbers.
    Then GTX 980 Ti has unplayable fps on 42 out of 102 of those settings.
    Fury X has unplayable fps on 47 out of 102 of those settings.
    With such results, I deem testing methodology unfit for comparing those two as nobody is going to play on those settings. Therefore nobody needs to care. Put game from Ultra to High where cards deliver meaningful fps and suddenly results may differ.

Then your statement about "Fine Wine". What do you define as Fine Wine? It is not some industry standard. But closest to it is Old DX11 vs new DX12 gaming. And there is visible shift where AMD "wins" 17 of 30 test scenarios while it mostly loses on DX11. And if you were to remove games where there is nVidia's technology which pretty much cripples performance on AMD's GPUs...

Sad part is that you know it all already. You just opt to attempt to throw this kind of trash here. If you intend to make flame again, please make separate thread for it. No need to make extra hate posts here.

16. zerotre

zerotre Member

Hi All,

i've a gigabyte windforce fury, i've unlocked 60 cu, and i'm using at this moment a 3840 bios, stock voltage and oc, i would like to try to use a modded bios, for everyday gaming, i've used oclbench:

https://s15.**********/k8g0oj2t3/2018-07-27.png

could you please give me some advice?

Thanks for the help!

17. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    Yo, Please upload desired BIOS (Yours) and then Ask Fox to do his Magic.
    You Have not fully unlocked Fury, so he need to Hex edit it.

Also first of all you need HBM mark for me to HEX edit it to uplift V (to 1.357v lol)
    Then you will have Monster :D

18. zerotre

zerotre Member

Thanks a lot!

here is my current bios:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/3aze09hjsvsmhcu/biosfury9giga3840_.rar?dl=0

19. Synoxia

Synoxia Member Guru

GPU:
    Rog Vega 64
    Might @Fox2232 do the magic for me too to my Fury X? <3
    https://ufile.io/4asn0
    FX6 was unstable for me in 2d games (league of legends) even if i use stock clocks with it... so i thought something must be wrong with HBM... i tried to raise the HBM voltage but i failed because too afraid to brick the card while doing it

Last edited: Jul 29, 2018
  20. Garwinski

Garwinski Member Guru

GPU:
    XFX Fury X

What could make the card unstable with FX6 bios? As far as I could tell, it only increased power limits even more over FX5, but still within what is possible with the power delivery on the Fury X as far as I know. Temps too high maybe?

What does 1.36V offer over 1.325V? Overclocking HBM isnt even working right? I did go Tmod with 1.325V for HBM as I was seeing memory-related artifacts when overclocking (sometimes even without overclocking) and wanted more stability, but for performance in general, it does not have any benefits, right?