Radeon Software Adrenalin Edition 18.7.1

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by LocoDiceGR, Jul 12, 2018.

1. mystik

mystik Active Member

GPU:
    Sapphire 6900xt N+
    Hey,
    Could you explain how to adjust these values?
    I'm having issues using 18.6.1 or above because of monitor blanking even at native resolution.
    I've tried creating a custom resolution and adjusting both H and V porch values -- adjusting one by +1 or -1 but there wasn't any range or numbers that worked for me.

So far, 18.6.1 and now 18.7.1 are unusable for me.
    DDU clean install or "clean install" option in drivers introduce a "bad" output signal.

I've tried even a driver update via device manager from 18.3.4 (last known driver for me with working VSR) to 18.7.1, but instantly get monitor display issues when it's done updating.

2. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    At worst skip Adrenaline entirely, ensure you cleanly uninstall the existing driver via something like DDU / Display Driver Uninstaller (With a restore point just in case.) and then test 17.11.x before AMD shifted to Adrenaline. :)

The values don't do too much on a current LCD so you can use a pretty wide range, I doubled them myself and that made the issue much less frequent at least although it happens occasionally now after a few days of testing but I'm holding out for 18.7.2 coming out sooner rather than later.

And as far as other issues go ReCore managed to cause a system hang but I'm unsure if it's the game or the driver or something else so that's not entirely clear and it was near the end of the game so after a reboot and jumping back in and seeing if I could get that issue to trigger again I wrapped the game up so eh, could have been just due to playing for a longer period of time and the game being gradually more unstable or just about anything really.

If that doesn't work then as a worst case you'll want to check the monitor connection and try HDMI, DP or even DVI depending on monitor connection types but I'd recommend first jumping back significantly in driver releases all the way to before Adrenaline and see how that goes, if it works without the driver it's not going to be hardware and I see you have a R290 GPU so it could be that the black screen GPU hardware issue came back too or AMD unfixed the problem after having mitigated it via driver updates some years ago.

EDIT: I don't know if the thread is still active but on AMD's community forums they had a extensive topic about the issue, if you want to you can also use GPU-Z and see if it reports I think it was Elpida GDDR memory modules that were more susceptible to the problem but it could be some other issue too.

So yeah the 290's shut down or black screened at random intervals, AMD Fury had the display corruption issue and Vega64 has a HBM2 memory clock issue which are all issues AMD has then resolved mainly through updated driver releases. :)

Last edited: Jul 16, 2018
  3. paulco

paulco Member

GPU:
    Nitro+ RX6900XT
    Interesting mention of the Elpida memory issue.
    I recall one manufacturer offering rma/replacement of 78xx(with certain SKU#).
    There also was an unofficial, pulled off the shelves of some models 79xx with elpida by the same maker.
    Card makers continued to use (old ?)stock of elpida on the R2/3xx series.
    The thread you mention, may be on the 390 black screen(some solved by reducing mem clock). my 390 is Hynix(no issues).

Sorry if off topic in relation to driver.

4. Framani

Framani Member

GPU:
    Sapphire Nitro+ RX 470 8G
    The thing is that I don't want to use rivatuner to display the OSD as I noticed that it makes my games stutter when it is on (at least on my PC).​

5. Eastcoasthandle

Eastcoasthandle Guest

GPU:
    Nitro 5700 XT
    Wut? You are only using it to get osd from Crimson to work. Turn it on then off, that's it...

6. Framani

Framani Member

GPU:
    Sapphire Nitro+ RX 470 8G
    It worked, but we shouldn't need to have another software running in the background just to get a working OSD. I hope AMD finds out a fix.

7. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    AMD/ATIs drivers are more stable than those from nVIDIA,
    third-party report claims:

QA Consultants has released a report, claiming that AMD’s drivers are more stable than NVIDIA’s drivers. According to the report, AMD’s systems passed 401 out of 432 tests while Nvidia’s systems passed 356.
    This basically means that AMD’s GPUs achieved a pass rate of 93% whereas NVIDIA’s GPUs achieved a pass rate of 82%.

QA Consultants used six gaming machines and workstations from AMD and six from NVIDIA.

The AMD GPUs that were used were:

Radeon RX Vega 64, RX 580, RX 560, Radeon Pro WX 9100, WX 7100 and WX 3100.

On the other hand, QA Consultants used NVIDIA’s:
    GeForce GTX 1080 Ti, GeForce GTX 1060 (6 GB), GeForce GTX 1050 (2 GB), Quadro P5000, Quadro P4000 and Quadro P600.

QA Consultants used the 64-bit variant of CRASH to stress the GPU. CRASH is described as a GPU stress test tool that spans 4 hours in length and captures test cases covering S3, display resolution changes, display orientation changes, content protection, and rendering.
    And as QA Consultants noted.

“While 4 hours of stress testing is a good indicator of prominent quality issues, it does not suffice in capturing intermittent stability failures or glitches.
    Therefore, we ran this test back-to-back around the clock for 12 days for each GPU. This accounts for 288 hours of non-stop stress in a test designed to make the GPU driver fail.”

So while NVIDIA’s drivers perform better in DX11 games and put less stress on the CPU, this test shows that AMD’s drivers are more stable!
    -> https://www.amd.com/system/files/documents/graphics-driver-quality.pdf

I can agree to this that ATI GPUs drivers are stable, don't know about nv cuz' im not having it ;)

Last edited: Jul 17, 2018
    Jackalito and Krteq like this.
  8. ektoradsj

ektoradsj Member

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB XFX
    Hello guys! I have a weird "flashing colors for half a second when alt tabbing (they go inverted?)" bug that still exists even with this driver.
    The games affected are : Smite, NFS Payback.
    In google search you can find a lot of other games too : WOW,Overwatch,FFXIV
    It only happens when running the game on DX11.
    Does anyone else have this bug?

9. warlord

warlord Guest

GPU:
    Null
    Reinstall Windows. Use DDU to clean driver's leftovers and try again. I never encountered bug like this in any game. Surely not driver related that's why still happens.

10. ektoradsj

ektoradsj Member

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB XFX
    Windows is about a month old and the bug existed from the previous fresh installed drivers. I have already installed this driver with DDU.
    Its either a driver problem because i dont think it existed with old drivers or a windows 10 problem.
    I have reported the bug in the games forum and there are other people experience this bug.
    Search on google: "WOw color flashing on alt tab" or for overwatch and you will see that only people with amd card report it.
    Probably because i have an old gcn 1.0 card who knows.
    Thanks for your suggestions.

warlord likes this.

11. warlord

warlord Guest

GPU:
    Null
    Then the culprit is Game Bar from windows perhaps. Try disabling it. And check again. Make sure Radeon overlay is also not enabled. Avoid any kind of overlays or bars not related to the game itself.

12. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    ^^ About Fast Disabling Game Bar etc. Cluster-Win-Funk :D

As always Create file -> e.g Tweak.reg and copy/paste, then save and merge (click on it):

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\GameBar]
    "ShowStartupPanel"=dword:00000000
    "GamePanelStartupTipIndex"=dword:00000003
    "AllowAutoGameMode"=dword:00000000
    "UseNexusForGameBarEnabled"=dword:00000000

warlord likes this.
  13. AlleyViper

AlleyViper Master Guru

GPU:
    Strix 2070S|6700XT
    That happens when a game is running in the new hybrid fullscreen mode to accommodate MS GameBar overlays (even if GameBar is disabled), etc, and also make it possible to be run without vsync unlike the borderless windowed mode that could be required for compatibility. On the current 1803, the option to disable it has been removed in the GUI.
    There are two ways to disable this FS mode, one is to right click the game's exe and in compatibility options tick "disable fullscreen optimizations". The other is to disable it system-wide on your account via:
    Code:

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\System\GameConfigStore]
    "GameDVR_FSEBehavior"=dword:00000002

You'll find more info here.

14. ektoradsj

ektoradsj Member

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB XFX
    Thanks guys but i have already tried those suggestions and they didn't work(game bar,fs optimization..etc). I also reported this bug to amd because at this point i cant think of anything i haven't tried. It's not game breaking or anything so its ok if i cant find a solution.

****Update:
    Yeah guys my mistake it really is the fullscreen optimizations fault.
    But my problem is that it only works on nfs payback, smite keeps on doing the same bug even after i disable fs optimizations(that's why i thought that fs optimizations didnt do anything because i only tried disabling them on smite.!)
    Thanks guys i will keep looking further to fix smite(only :))

15. AlleyViper

AlleyViper Master Guru

GPU:
    Strix 2070S|6700XT
    Have you tried the reg I've posted above? On my 1803 it disables FS optimizations system-wide, but I only have one game to test it.

16. ektoradsj

ektoradsj Member

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB XFX
    Yeah i have tried that and i have checked before that gamedvr_fsebehavior was "2" and still nfs payback had the bug and it only stopped after i right clicked properties and disabled it....(weird? maybe that reg entry doesnt actually disable it system wide?)
    Smite is still experiencing the bug and i am trying different ways to fix it.

17. MerolaC

MerolaC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AsRock RX 6700XT
    Tried this?
    https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=6239-DZCB-8600

18. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    Try this:

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\System\GameConfigStore]
    "GameDVR_Enabled"=dword:00000000
    "GameDVR_FSEBehaviorMode"=dword:00000002
    "GameDVR_FSEBehavior"=dword:00000002
    "GameDVR_HonorUserFSEBehaviorMode"=dword:00000001
    "GameDVR_DXGIHonorFSEWindowsCompatible"=dword:00000001
    "GameDVR_EFSEFeatureFlags"=dword:00000000

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\GameDVR]
    "AllowGameDVR"=dword:00000000

z8373767 likes this.
  19. ektoradsj

ektoradsj Member

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB XFX
    Nah still smite is bugging. I will report it in windows forums and maybe a fix will come out.Thanks for your time!

20. AlleyViper

AlleyViper Master Guru

GPU:
    Strix 2070S|6700XT
    It works with me on QC, so don't know what's happening on your system if all other GameBar/DVR options have already been disabled via GUI or per remaining registry entries OnnA has posted. The tutorial I've linked is near always up to date, so I doubt there's something wrong about that reg, and the tutorial on winaero points to that particular entry too. Sorry for the silly question, but have you rebooted and are running the game on the same windows account where the reg. was applied?