Mass Effect: Andromeda

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by vejn, Jun 10, 2014.

1. Straykatt

Straykatt Guest

GPU:
    3090 FE
    I’ll give it a go, thanks for the tip!

2. coc

coc Maha Guru

GPU:
    3060Ti
    i think ME is my number one game as a series.

here is a good test for anyone that loved the original series, or never played it
    and looks for a huge sc-fi story oriented experience :

1. install all 3 three games. with DLC's highly recommended.
    2. play it ( take your time to do everything ), finish it.
    3. install Andromeda.
    4. ignore the critics, and give it a chance.
    5. tell me what ya thinking.

iv tried that test. if ur willing to try it - please ignore my personal opinion on it :

it was far worse than the first time i played Andromeda. it is a TERRIBLE game.
    Andromeda had stunning graphics, that's about it. the characters are EMPTY VESSELS - that's the only issue that KILLS Andromeda completely as a ME game.

on the first run.. i ignored a few bugs i had, the animations and the meh story. on the second run
    i deleted the game after 4-5 hours including some exploring.

that's like taking untalented writers and throw a big budget on em expecting them to accomplish
    the next Sopranos. its not realistic. the writing and the connections between every person\alien in
    this game is 2\10. i could have write a better game with some time spared.

i completely understand people that loved the game and they aren't big fans of the originals.
    but fans ? i can't see how.

mbk1969 likes this.
  3. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    That should be The official review of this game.... that's literally it, there are no truer words to convey what this game is.

4. Straykatt

Straykatt Guest

GPU:
    3090 FE
    I’m about 8 hours in and enjoying it so far. I’m getting a random shadow/shimmer bug. It’s very strange, it looks like the outlines of what’s on screen burns onto the image and doesn’t get erased. You’re able to see it when turning. Hard to explain but it really bugs, any ideas on how to fix it?

5. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 3080Ti Gaming OC
    Not 100% sure, but it might be the infamous frostbite engine SLI bug, and as you have 2x1070s might try to play with only one and see if it still happens.

6. Straykatt

Straykatt Guest

GPU:
    3090 FE
    Ugh, sli bug? That’s not good. I’m runing the game in 4k and will not be able to do with one card. I never had this problem on any battlefield games, played them all minus BF1. Will give it a try. There’s some major issues with this game.

7. Party Poison

Party Poison Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Rtx 4090
    use the custom sli profile on 3dcenter. It worked much better for me

8. Straykatt

Straykatt Guest

GPU:
    3090 FE
    Got around to playing this weekend. I discovered the texture / shadow bug must have been tied to the global ambient occlusion and transparency aa turned on in nvcp. Since I disabled them, I haven’t seen the bug for a couple hours of game play. Fingers crossed.

9. Corrupt^

Corrupt^ Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 3090 FE
    For me the biggest let down was that the game was just oozing potential around every corner. However they never capitalized on it.

So many opportunities for side quests with deep story telling, not to mention how early on the villain seemed intriguing, which completely fell apart halfway through the game. The game died with it's lack of depth in story and the lack of depth in environments. The open world, while open, is bland. The older ME games offered some freedom, but environments were much more strict, yet rich with life, side quests and story telling.

10. Anarion

Anarion Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3060 Ti
    It feels like empty MMO. Swtor im comparison has much better story content and quality. Ironically it's an MMO.

11. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    A video about this game's development that I found interesting,

12. Maddness

Maddness Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080 Aorus Xtreme
    So has this game gotten any better with updates. I still would love to play it.

13. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    A lot of the technical bugs have been fixed, the shooting gameplay is pretty fun. for me the story and characters were just awful so I never finished it xD

XenthorX and Maddness like this.
  14. Maddness

Maddness Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080 Aorus Xtreme
    Thanks. It looks like a game i would love to play. Everything about the game has recieved such negativity that i have held off. I think it it's pretty cheap now, so i might just grab it anyway.

KissSh0t likes this.
  15. Calmmo

Calmmo Guest

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Zotac AMP
    It's ok. The really big problems arent things that are fixable without a rewrite/remake as the story, characters writting and direction are mostly irredemable. The memeable moments with the animations were more or less patched out (mostly they just cut out the animation parts that looked ridiculous, a case of less is more you could say). The game-play is solid enough however, and if you can looks past poor quests and all, you can get a bit of entertainment out of it. If you can handle all the subpart aspects for the above average gameplay moments for around 50 to 90hours, sure it's worth picking it up. The game is still being picked up on mostly due to context. Big studio/big marketing title managing so little along with the bugs and animations brings in a lot of attention.

Maddness likes this.

16. cerebus23

cerebus23 Guest

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    ac origins or odessey would serve you better in either case other than they lack the space vibe.

either way now obsidian, bethesda, star citizen, beyond good and evil, doesnt SE have a new space game in the works? if you like space scifi rpgs just hold out a bit longer on that front.

Anarion likes this.
  17. Maddness

Maddness Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080 Aorus Xtreme
    I just finished playing Odessey and it was by far my favorite Assassins Creed game.

cerebus23 likes this.
  18. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 Suprim X
    played a third of the game while i had origin access , the shooting and driving are solid. A.I is sometimes glitchy.
    The thing is , as @KissSh0t said , story and characters are boring and uninsteresting. to me at least !

Maddness likes this.
  19. cerebus23

cerebus23 Guest

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    just boycott EA it makes these decisions easy ;p.

Right now the in thing is space and scifi stuff, in the next 5 to 10 years there are going to be reams of space, cyberpunk, and general scifi themed games. battletech and mechwarrior back? star citizen, elite dangerous, mass effect, kerbals, cyberpunk 2077, and others scifi is here and growing.

Lot of those old nerds and geeks are in their 40s and 50s now they have money and a some time and they liked star wars, buck rogers, flash gordon, battlestar galactica, star trek, and the dozens and dozens of knock offs. They are a growing demographic over the old guard 40 and 50 year olds that really did not give a toss about gaming in large numbers other than solitare and poker maybe.

20. Anarion

Anarion Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3060 Ti
    Quite funny how Ubisoft utterly annihilated BioWare... I didn't see that coming but just shows that others can do the same stuff just fine, better.