Girlfriend is giving me a pup

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by Jonnyboy, Jul 13, 2018.

1. Jonnyboy

Jonnyboy Guest

GPU:
    EVGA SC GTX 1070
    This will be my 1st dog th I've ever had to train as a personal guard dog and companion and of course I live with my family until I can get on my feet. I already know my parent's will take issue with the dog because to them a cat is less of a hassle but my girlfriend said that the dog was tossed out of a car that was doing 75mph on the highway in TX and the neighbor who is already at a 3 dog limit i'm being given the dog as a gift because she don't want the dog doing to the pound and I don't mind taking in a dog. Any good tips on house training along with tips on obedience along with what kind of food to feed her? I also have no idea what breed she is.

This is the pup named princess.
    [​IMG]

fantaskarsef likes this.
  2. Noisiv

Noisiv Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2070 Super
    Show me her teeth, I'll telly you the age. From here it looks like 3-4 months.

Even better, take her to a vet.
    • And ask him to take a good look at her.
    • He should take care of the her Vaccination schedule
    • Also cleaning her from worms(deworming)
    • Ask him anything stupid that comes to your mind.
    • Get her a blanket, which is now her blanket.
    - Food:
    Nothing compares to a proper meat (or even fish). Raw or cooked, no biggie. To be on a safe side, cook it. Raw meat can cause all kinds of bad things, especially in a puppy.
    If that's too much hassle, get some decent dry food. Like something that's "Grain free" and not 10kg/$.

- Make sure that she always has plenty of fresh water in her bowl.

Obedience?
    You just took her. Take it easy...
    If she goes #1 or #2 where she's not supposed to, take her to a crime scene and let her know that is not acceptable. Like gently shoving her head into you know what.

PS
    You don't need a guard dog. You need to l3arn Kung-Fu

fantaskarsef and mbk1969 like this.
  3. mbk1969

mbk1969 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GF RTX 4070
    Serotonin and Noisiv like this.
  4. Jonnyboy

Jonnyboy Guest

GPU:
    EVGA SC GTX 1070
    I'm a prepper so ideally I'd like her be a bit of a watch dog along with being a best friend I can count on to watch over the property when no one is home and she isn't with me or my girlfriend. And would like to teach her about obedience. I don't know her age and I'll my my girl for some teeth pics because she's still in tx and just told me about giving me the pup as a gift and this will be the 1st dog i've had since Mostly been a cat person and their more independent and don't require as much attention. Soon as the pup get up here to TN I plan on taking her to the vet for vaccines and check for worms and I'm not gonna be harsh considering she's just I pup I just don't know what to expect. Definitely need more tips to feed her until she's more grown.

5. Noisiv

Noisiv Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2070 Super
    You don't need to teach her to be a watch dog.
    It comes naturally to most dog breeds. Dogs are protective of their territory and will bark by default.
    Unless you're guarding a nuclear plant or something, she'll be more than fine.

She looks like a pit/stafford/something mix, so she'll proly end up having some guard-dog qualities, again even without any training.
    Having a guard dog is not a trivial matter. Frankly I wouldn't teach her to be a guard dog. Chances are that you'll have more problems than use of it. Especially if you're a newbie.

But if you really want to, you can teach her almost anything. She looks very smart.

6. Serotonin

Serotonin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 4080 16GB
    Where’s @airbud7

Your knowledge and advice is needed. I also need someone to hug me after a heavyhemi encounter. Apparently mental illness causes realization of the obvious.

airbud7 likes this.
  7. airbud7

airbud7 Guest

GPU:
    pny gtx 1060 xlr8
    Looks like a Mountain Cur
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    The Mountain Cur, sometimes called the Mountain Kerr - is a lesser known dog breed renowned for their ability as a treeing dog. This medium-to-large dog is strong, smart and loyal to his family!

Big Hugs SerotoNiN.....:D

Serotonin likes this.
  8. HeavyHemi

HeavyHemi Guest

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti

"You realize HRC KILLED people, right? You realize how much deep crap the clinton foundation is in over Haiti right? You saw them flying coach last week, yeah?"

I was just responding to what you posted and your stories about your own illness. I'm sorry I made the connection. However, you posted to me, not the other way around. You folk and playing victim of your own antics. That's just terrrific how you and your ilk just bad mouth folks around the forum. Wow.

9. airbud7

airbud7 Guest

GPU:
    pny gtx 1060 xlr8
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Looks like third one from the left here

Last edited: Jul 14, 2018
    fantaskarsef and Serotonin like this.
  10. Serotonin

Serotonin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 4080 16GB

airbud7 likes this.

11. Serotonin

Serotonin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 4080 16GB
    Also, connecting mental illness with any of your crap is disgusting. I’m sorry you’re so low as to go there. I’m not at all surprised. Just sad. Typical democrat, bitch everyone else needs to change but don’t bother leading by example. No, no, no...Just continue to stoop lower. Lmao. Ok.
    Ignore time. No more shitting up the board

airbud7 likes this.
  12. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti Ventus
    I live in a rural area and it's crazy how many dogs are dumped out here. I do my best to help them out but sometimes I just can't. That's a good looking dog you've got there. I'm no vet but I've always bought Pedigree food, and from my experience the best way to train a dog is to make sure it knows its name very well.

airbud7 likes this.
  13. Mat

Mat Guest

GPU:
    MSI 7850 2g CF 1050/1300
    I never realy log in on here, but thats a lovely dog and good luck to you both.

But I must say @HeavyHemi you sir, are a pillock and I'm sure @airbud7 agrees....

14. Labyrinth

Labyrinth Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Tri-X R9 290 4G
    Hope someone finds them and throws them out of a car doing 75mph, some sick bastards in this world.