Gamepad delemma

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by tsunami231, Mar 30, 2018.

1. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    well i got the F710 Windows 10 picked up drivers for X-input instantly, and worked, I then Tired it D-input Mode and it picked up drivers instantly and saw it as Cordless rumblepad 2. so looks driver issue have been fixed in win 10, trigger buttons seem a little stiff and the shoulder buttons a lil on lose side, ( KB keycap jiggle lose), analog stick buttons even have no gap in them between the actual click, my main issue which was drivers not working seem to be none issue

*edit,

I range from where i normal sit seem good, not seen any lag yet

Last edited: Apr 17, 2018
  2. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    well i knew about the issue with gamepad i hoped it was blow out portion or was false and fix able but got damn it is terrible 3 times out of 5 when I go to play steam, I find out drivers have ! and as such dont work and or drivers are there but system dont realize it there, d-input or x-input Logticeh support got very angry ticket from me about this, one should not have to spend 20+ minutes disconnecting reconnected change ports pull out batteries and put them back, before it decided to work, when it works it great though. I could having it working for 4 hour gamine season come back 6 hours later and gamepad is not seen, and system wasnt it rebooted or put in sleep mode.

I could boot up (cold) for the day and first thing i tend to check is is the driver for pad installed, and most the time there ! next to it. there own LGS for gamepad dont even fix this

Wonder if Newer builds of win 10 lessend the issue I still using 1703

3. mindaz3

mindaz3 Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 7900 XTX
    I am for an Xbox One controller right now.

I was a sucker for PlayStation type of controllers for years, I even found a reason to buy F710, just because I don't wanted to use Xbox controller. Never again. I now I hate my F710, it's big, it's heavy, drivers doesn't work in half of the games and after a while it started dropping connection randomly.

After I tried Xbox One controller I realised what I missed, it works natively in Windows, no bullshit third party drivers required. Also it feels more natural to use it, fingers are at the same position when playing games and it really sits more comfortably when playing for prolonged periods of time. I am now using my Xbox One controller for two years straight, no issues so far.

And now Playstation controller feels weird to me.

4. Finnen

Finnen Member

GPU:
    GTX 970 4GB
    Have you thought about trying some different or even lesser known companies? I know it's always a risk, but there is PLENTY of cheaper controllers that work natively on PC (they have "xinput" mode - detected as Xbox 360 Controller) with Dualshock layout. And cheaper doesn't always mean worse. Just a few examples here with xinput support:

Steelseries Stratus: https://www.amazon.com/SteelSeries-Stratus-Bluetooth-Wireless-Controller/dp/B015WKY3IM/
    GameSir G3S (recommended): https://www.amazon.com/GameSir-G3s-Controller-Bluetooth-Smartphone/dp/B075YSCCMM/
    Fenek PC Controller: https://www.amazon.com/Fenek-Wireless-PC-Gaming-Controller-DirectInput/dp/B0777WPXDF/
    Airskyt (a real ugly one though): https://www.amazon.com/Airskyt-Wireless-Controller-PlayStation-Smartphone/dp/B07BNB9KP6/
    Redragon: https://www.amazon.com/Wireless-Controller-Joystick-PlayStation-Redragon/dp/B078TX7TYD/

GameSir G3S seems to be popular and closest to Dualshock layout and feeling. Comes with USB wireless dongle and it's confirmed in many reviews that it's detected as native Xbox 360 Controller. I would go either for GameSir or Fenek.

Last edited: Jul 13, 2018

5. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    Starting to think I might be having no choice too look else where...

I do think I found a fix though instead of using "360 wireless controller" which only works for x-input I forced "360 wireless receiver for windows" so far I have 10+ reboots/cold boots, where there driver is present on boot and so far controller has been working. these driver also seem to work for d-input as i can switch on fly and controller still works. I not sure force feed back work though with those drivers ( it works in force feed back test for stream and pcsx2 and I know skyrim has rumble support but i rarely seen it happen in skyrim). only issue I found so far is "if" you go in to windows gamepad controller settings, that setting page will not open and act like its locking up, like when drivers (360 wireless controller) where installed but some times controller didnt work. this in turn cause all other programs to lock up and not see the F710, but simple reboot fixed that and once again controller was seen perfectly fine.

I am hopping I finally found fix since switching to "360 wireless receiver for windows" I have not had issue with controller. hopefull now that i said this it dont start going stupid again.

if I have to get a new gamepad I might do the MSI GC30 then again its still impossible to find that

6. Finnen

Finnen Member

GPU:
    GTX 970 4GB
    Too bad it's not available where you live. It seems to be easily available in Poland, where I live. Here and also here - one of the most popular online PC stores in Poland. Maybe check if they can send it to you? It also seems to be available on Amazon UK

7. carnivore

carnivore Member

GPU:
    AMD HD7970
    You have to install LGS 5.10 to have full features of F710. I don't know if that would conflict with newer LGS if you have another Logitech product. When you first time use it (after boot or restart), put it in xinput mode and unplug, then plug in receiver, then press a button.

8. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black

I did have 5.10 installed and drivers had ! issue start with in 2 reboots and and even when it was working and yes LGS 5.10 was installed and running some time it would not see the pad even even if the drivers where there, so I just removed cause I have the same issue with and with out it.

right now I just l sightly annoyed, I set steam to use beta clients and since I done that so long as drivers are seen by windows, steam see's the pad and it works. none this help the pad losing sync to receiver right in middle of play which hilarious when it happens not even 2 feet from the receiver.

I bet the fact the USB ports on my board are all 3.0 or 3.1 dont help matters, then again EVEN if I use the head port on the board for and connect that to my cases front usb ports which are 2.0 it still has the same sync lose issue.

All this make me wish sony released native driver from there DS3/4 controllers

Last edited: Jul 20, 2018
  9. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    meh spent an hours and half trying to get the damn thing to work again, all i wanted to do was play skyrim and by time i got it to work i didnt want to play any more... Im start looking for new gamepad, maybe I can find Logitch Cordless rumblepad 2 that I had zero issue with in windows 10 up till the day the buttons stop working.

10. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    well there sending me a new "replacement" I look foward to that doing the same crap, and then seeing what they have to say after there "replacement" does samething. I really wish the MSI GC30 was available I only only find it in EU

11. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    well I got the new replacement, same issue with drivers disappearing and it losing connections to receiever and blinking, only diffrence between this replacement and original is that rumble function actual work like it should in SkyrimSE were is the original only work on certain bridge in riften town and rarely when toon ran past bones etc the replacment actual has rumble effect working were it should be, ( both used in x-input)

As last ditch effort that i dont expect to fix the driver issue, I upgrade windows 10 to 1803 build (clean install) from I was on 1703. either way I started looking for new game pad and I actual found one I liked but apparntly is one those 130$ high end gamers gamepad Scuf Gaming Impact no way I paying that for gamepad.