Mass Effect: Andromeda

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by vejn, Jun 10, 2014.

1. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Can't fix boring.

2. slick3

slick3 Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2070 +85/1200
    I played the game for the gameplay. Not the graphics, or horrible animation - but gameplay, fire fights... I expected a challenge. I got anything but! The gun fights (at the time I played it) was laughable at best.

3. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    I guess if you are a big mass effect fan you would enjoy it.... although... I am a big mass effect fan and found it to be frustrating, not because of the bugs and bad facial animation and terrible lines written for the characters.. but.. the story, it just lost me and I ended up not knowing what was happening and then didn't know where to go or what to do and then stopped playing it.

4. blurp33

blurp33 Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    I rarely don't finish a game I start. I'm a Mass Effect fan. But this game just killed it. Boring is the word indeed. Uninspiring story. Sad.

5. Hughesy

Hughesy Guest

GPU:
    MSI Twin Frozr 980
    I don’t think it’s the TV’s fault, I think it’s broken. I’ve searched a lot about it, and many have said it broke after a patch. I’ve already played the game loads, as I bought it long before I got a 4k HDR TV. It’s a shame, as every other game that supports it looks amazing compared to SDR.
    It sucks that so many games on PC don’t support it, but console versions do, just because devs think no PC gamers use TV’s

6. Hughesy

Hughesy Guest

GPU:
    MSI Twin Frozr 980
    Well I finally have HDR working and it looks great, funny thing is after I quit the game HDR then gets turned off in Windows. Windows really needs an auto HDR settings, because on the desktop it looks awful when turned on.
    I see a lot of people still trash this game, myself I’ve loved it even with the flaws, played it for over 70 hours so far.

7. mbk1969

mbk1969 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GF RTX 4070
    I like this analysis

cerebus23, KissSh0t and Keitosha like this.
  8. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    Press F to pay respect.

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF**ck you "BioWare"

*resumes breathing normally*

Last edited: Apr 10, 2018
    cerebus23 and mbk1969 like this.
  9. mbk1969

mbk1969 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GF RTX 4070
    Same respect action - toward EA.

10. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    That very same video popped up in my recommended list but I never watched it. Looks like I'll check it out anyway.

Still, come on guys, ME:A is not so bad if you don't expect an ME:ish game :D

11. mbk1969

mbk1969 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GF RTX 4070
    That`s what a reviewer concluded. Just not ME-ish game.
    But, after I discovered I can`t actually give orders to my companions I lost interest - why play a game with supposed RPG elements and exploration for straight shooter combat only?

12. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    That's quite true. I don't really care what my companions do as long as they shoot something. I guess that's not what the devs intended.

13. mbk1969

mbk1969 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GF RTX 4070
    That`s what appeals in ME combat - to be able to order a companion to attack a specific foe with specific attack, to build a combo or simply out of tactic situation. Devs took that away.

14. doktor1

doktor1 Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX 5700 XT
    I am Mass Effect fan and I love this game... Sry...
    Bought it few day ago, not on release....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Gaming OC
    I liked it at first aswell, but it just gets boring quite quickly, cause it's hard to care about any of the characters - at least that's how i felt :)

16. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 3080Ti Gaming OC
    Yep, characters were extremely bland. The fact that I can't even remember the names of any of them says a lot. I did complete my playthrough at like 98%, but compared to the original trilogy where I finished each game at least 4 times this had basically 0 replayability for me. It's a shame really, the engine had potential for some spectacular planets/art/atmosphere (and you can see it in some places). Couple that with decent story and characters and the game would have been a lot more enjoyable. Instead they went for the quick cash grab and this was the result... the death of a franchise, at least for the foreseeable future.

Dragam1337 likes this.
  17. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Gaming OC
    I haven't even completed the main story... i've tried to force myself to complete it a couple of times, as i paid the full price at launch (duh to me), but each time i've played for like 30 min max, and thought to myself "meh, can't be bothered with this..."

signex and Solfaur like this.
  18. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 3080Ti Gaming OC
    I know the feeling, I too got it at launch, but as it happened I literally had nothing else to play around that time so I went through with it. I can tell you one thing though, you didn't miss anything. I always expected some kind of mindfuck twist towards the end (in connection with the time that passed while they traveled) but nope, can't even remember what the ending was, except that it just another missed opportunity.

19. Straykatt

Straykatt Guest

GPU:
    3090 FE
    Have you or anyone have a fix for this? I’m getting the same error 10 minutes in the game. I haven’t seen a hard crash like this in forever.

20. shafat777

shafat777 Active Member

GPU:
    2x Gtx 980 SC 4GB SLI
    The solution to that error is lack of page file. I have 32gb of memory. but the game still crashes. Just set your pagefile to "SYSTEM MANAGED" and it should go away. As soon as the computer runs out of page file, it crashes. Hope that helps.