Intel CEO Krzanich Resigns After Relationship With Employee

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by BigMaMaInHouse, Jun 21, 2018.

1. BigMaMaInHouse

BigMaMaInHouse Guest

GPU:
    Zotac 1080Ti AMP Ex

https://s15.**********/gqkngsbuz/intel.jpg
    Link to Tweet
    Link to Article on Bloomberg
    http://www.guru3d.com/news-story/intel-ceo-krzanich-resigns-after-relationship-with-employee.html

What do you think? is this the only reason or the shareholders not happy and this is an excuse to let him go without the need to admit that AMD gonna take good amount of market share with their EPYC 7mm while Intel isn't ready to compete against 32~64 cores @2019?

P.S: OMG- Now after watching this video - I can imaging who is responsible for the 28 Core 5GHZ CPU stunt on COMPUTEX - I can imaging the marketing department telling the engineering department- "What's the problem? give me Unlocked 28 Core CPU and we will Extreme OC it and Show we got new Monster CPU for the Press"

Not an easy year for Intel, every week new story...

Last edited: Jun 21, 2018
  2. Dragondale13

Dragondale13 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 AMP! • H75
    "Policyshmolicy"...nothing stands in the way of true love...or just great sex! :p:p:p

sverek, Clawedge and BigMaMaInHouse like this.
  3. D3M1G0D

D3M1G0D Guest

GPU:
    2 x GeForce 1080 Ti
    Saw this on reddit earlier today. So ends one of the strangest eras in Intel's history, LOL.

sverek and BigMaMaInHouse like this.
  4. BigMaMaInHouse

BigMaMaInHouse Guest

GPU:
    Zotac 1080Ti AMP Ex
    Let's just say that another Intel's vulnerability got exploited...;)

yasamoka, sykozis, Clawedge and 4 others like this.

5. D3M1G0D

D3M1G0D Guest

GPU:
    2 x GeForce 1080 Ti
    I think Krzanich may have misunderstood the term "Intel Inside" ;)

sykozis, xIcarus, sverek and 10 others like this.
  6. airbud7

airbud7 Guest

GPU:
    pny gtx 1060 xlr8
    how can you blame him?

[​IMG]

7. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    Where can I apply?

Well, a policy against consensual relationships. Sounds like it remains true, "don't F the office". ;)

xIcarus likes this.
  8. schmidtbag

schmidtbag Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asrock 7700XT
    I'm pretty sure Krzanich is actually leaving because he realizes his empire is losing power and he doesn't want to be the one known for this (before you jump to any conclusions, I don't think Intel is going to crumble - they will remain exponentially more wealthy than AMD for the foreseeable future). Him selling so much of his stocks a year ago was also conveniently timed, but, I think he learned how doing that had a negative consequence. He was CEO during Intel's rise and for the most part didn't really push for anything all that innovative. Now, that lack of activity is threatening Intel's position, so he's bailing while he's ahead. Using an in-office consensual relationship is a pretty easy and non-offensive way for him to deliberately force himself out of his position. If he resigned, that'd scare shareholders (and in turn affect his shares). If he did sexual assault, that'd hurt his reputation and may cause legal issues (and again, that's something he obviously cares about). His approach seems super convenient to me.

xIcarus, alanm, lucidus and 1 other person like this.
  9. Embra

Embra Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Red Devil 6950 XT
    He lead them through high profitability with little small incremental changes every year. They made a lot of $$. Now with good competition all the sudden this does not work anymore. "caught with his pants down"

BigMaMaInHouse likes this.
  10. ruthan

ruthan Master Guru

GPU:
    G1070 MSI Gaming

11. BigMaMaInHouse

BigMaMaInHouse Guest

GPU:
    Zotac 1080Ti AMP Ex
    When you are on the Top with 99% of the market share- the only way is down.
    As I see it the main improvement was on the manufacturing side, shrinking the Die 65->45->32->22->14 let them increase the clock speed + 2%~3% on the IPC gave them the ~5% performance improvement on each Tick-Tock strategy and gave them the increase Core count with reasonable yields for the premium prices on the server side and until ZEN they could ask crazy prices for their XEONS(10K+) and without AMD's Zen they were going to continue this strategy with 10nm with higher clock speed in same TDP="new products".

But now they see 32 core EPYC with almost same IPC, better thermals/TDP, and the ZEN2 7nm EPYC with 48~64 core coming in a few month while they only got 2.5GHz 28 core XEON...

P.S- is there any info if there is major company's like Amazon/Facebook/Google/ etc that they are before planned server upgrade??

12. schmidtbag

schmidtbag Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asrock 7700XT
    No, he didn't lead them into anything. He became CEO shortly after AMD created Bulldozer, which was also around the same time Sandy Bridge was released. So, basically it was a time Intel didn't have to do anything and they'd still have a better product. As far as I'm concerned, Krzanich doesn't deserve any of the credit for Intel's success in the past several years, but, he does deserve the credit for making them fall behind.

xIcarus likes this.
  13. Stormyandcold

Stormyandcold Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX3080ti Founders
    It's ok if he "puts a ring on it", but, that'd probably confuse him as well.

14. StewieTech

StewieTech Chuck Norris

GPU:
    MSI gtx 960 Gaming
    Awww. intel dude went on some good old in out in out. Well, maybe he was in love, who knows.

15. H83

H83 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Black 6950XT
    I think the Intel shareholders are worried about the competition closing in from all sides and realized that Krazanich is not the right man to turn thing around. So they just give him the boot with a lame excuse and now are going to bring someone who means business...

16. Embra

Embra Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Red Devil 6950 XT
    Your too picky in the use of words Scmidtbag. I was not give him any credit. I stated "lead" not "create" or "Instrumental". But, you were more clear in your response than I.

17. asder

asder Active Member

GPU:
    KFA2 1080TI
    I think he dates Raja :p

Last edited: Jun 21, 2018
  18. schmidtbag

schmidtbag Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asrock 7700XT
    Sorry - to me, "lead" in this context implied that his leadership is what brought Intel's success.

19. DLD

DLD Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX1060 6GB
    "managers are not allowed to enter into a relationship with employees", but they are allowed to enter the employees...

BigMaMaInHouse and AsiJu like this.
  20. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    Okay I got one:

He realised he was *SPAM* a spectre so he had a meltdown!

kegastaMmer, airbud7, xIcarus and 2 others like this.