Fallout 4

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by morbias, Jul 26, 2016.

1. Straykatt

Straykatt Guest

GPU:
    3090 FE
    No, I did not.. I'm assuming the game/patch doesn't do that for you? Is what I'm experiencing a common problem with FO4? Can you please show me how to do this?

2. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    You know, just the windows pagefile... you can change the size of it and what disc it is located.

[​IMG]

Turanis likes this.
  3. Straykatt

Straykatt Guest

GPU:
    3090 FE
    Oh wow. I remember doing this for XP, maybe vista too. Are we still having to do this these days? Ha! I can't recall the usefulness on changing this. What do you recommend? This won't affect windows 10 system performance will it? Thank you!

4. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    I'm not sure if it will fix your issue, it's just something you can try.... I was having out of memory problems when playing Space Engineers and changing my page file size seemed to fix the issue xD

It shouldn't affect the performance at all, especially if it's located on an SSD.

5. Turanis

Turanis Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte RX500
    Because the game engine is totally wreck and old you need to optimize your system in old way. :)

Dont push anything on Ultra,dont push with physx or debris,dont push Shadows on Ultra,dont push God Rays or VolumetricLighting on Ultra.Its an very old engine.

I hope you use this:
    http://www.dev-c.com/fallout4/shadowboost/

6. Straykatt

Straykatt Guest

GPU:
    3090 FE
    I'll give these both a try, thanks you two!

7. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    This Fallout 4 fanart is accurate fanart because of reasons.

[​IMG]

cerebus23 likes this.
  8. cerebus23

cerebus23 Guest

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    Yea i was a review bomber on fallout 4 when they put CC in.

One it is not a great game, it is an ok game but not a great one.

When they put CC in for me that was enough to drop my 5 6 score into the negative and gave a review.

Mods fix bethesda games, they massively improve bethesda games, and they give us the CC that makes you pay for crappy minor mods that do none of the great things the best mods do for their games.

Now if you are on console maybe CC is a positive, but for pc players it is a slap in the face.

And the move by nexus to give modders a certain cut based off upvotes and downloads that i can get behind. Might even get me to unblock their ads....possibly.

lucidus likes this.
  9. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080, KD55XD800
    Fun fact, VR mode is 80-150mb worth of files you can put inside a standard fallout 4 install.

lucidus likes this.
  10. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Yeah TES and Fallout games are mediocre on their own, at best. Eff them. I was going to try skyrim enhanced and changed my mind after I saw that garbage.

cerebus23 likes this.

11. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    Fallout 4 is pretty good now with all the extra stories released.

Does anyone ever feel bad for the bad guys once they become powerful in this game?

Like.......I have a gamma pistol that is so powerful now that bad guys arms, both arms, will blow off in one shot..... literally boom.. character dies, arms pop off.. even super mutants... not even shooting them in the arms, you could shoot them in the toe and their arms pop off and they die. It feels unfair to shoot people with it hehe

12. cerebus23

cerebus23 Guest

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    Some of the DLC is good most of it is garbage though.

But there is no role to play in fo4, the dialogue outside a few characters is awful, the story is fo3 but flipped on its head, and bethesda cant write well enough to make you give a single F about your son, wife, father, brother in 3 or 4, second you get out the vault door wandering around doing whatever is more engaging than the story.

Nevermind every one of their games is a bug ridden mess, Fo4 might be the best of the lot but it has its issues, the idea that professional reviewers give these games 9 and 10s typically is beyond comprehension. And as a aside on this rant obsidian that makes buggy games and constantly get down scored and derided for in the gaming press, the studio that made the best fallout since bethesda bought the IP. But reviewers docked them for game bugs.

Bethesda makes good sandboxes, nice locales, they suck at everything else though,

lucidus likes this.
  13. Grimbarian

Grimbarian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3070 Ti
    Thinking of starting this again (haven't played it since it came out), what are the must have mods? I really liked the green mod that made the world look alive but I believe that got taken down because it was stolen, primarily I'm looking for mods to add to the depth and realism of the game as much as possible, as well as improving the visuals of course :)

14. AndreasGuido

AndreasGuido Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    What annoyed me is the price of Season pass, GOTY edition is cheaper than Season pass.

15. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    This is a must if you use vsync, it disables vsync between transitions from inside to outside, speeding up load times significantly. https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/10283

This makes shooting people with plasma weapons gross haha... they don't turn into slime, they turn into gross looking skeletons https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/23780

This makes weapon muzzle flash cast light, it can be a performance hit depending on what is going on https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/2571?tab=files

This one is awesome, it leaves the shells from the weapons stay on the ground for longer so if you have a huge gunfight you will see lots of shells everywhere https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/1097/

Unofficial Fallout 4 patch https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/4598/

Last edited: Jun 13, 2018
    AndreasGuido and Grimbarian like this.

16. Grimbarian

Grimbarian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3070 Ti
  17. Gromuhl'Djun

Gromuhl'Djun Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4070ti
    That's nothing. Remember horse armour for Oblivion? Even though the combined price of the DLC packs would be lower than the single horse armour pack, people would still buy horse armour.

It's a test to see how many suckers play their games :p

cerebus23 and Passus like this.
  18. Nosein

Nosein Guest

GPU:
    GTX 580
    What the hells up with the over hual and general land/building texture replacements lately?

Theyre all this ugly over sharpened or bump mapped, lore unfriendly or just simply questionable in design eg replacing a concrete stair texture with recolored bricks from the side of a house: This is from one of those gross VIVID HD pack:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

like...what is this crap?

So many of these mods somehow manage to make it to the top of nexus charts and recommended by youtubers.

Its like the general standard of modding has dropped significantly over the last few years or the "proper" modders have given up, moved on to actual game dev or much larger and complete modding projects.

Last edited: Jun 19, 2018
  19. IAmGhostDog

IAmGhostDog Guest

GPU:
    XFX R9 390
    Here's a thought.
    If you don't like the mod for whatever reason, don't install it.
    "After" looks good to me.

20. AndreasGuido

AndreasGuido Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    IS it even worth getting any of the DLCs? I know some of them only add few items for settlement, but Nuka world and Harbor? Any good?