Changing Game Language?

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by kanej2007, Jun 14, 2018.

1. kanej2007

kanej2007 Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080 TI 11GB
    I was lucky to find one of my favourite old school games that was around when I was an early teen, Halo Combat Evolved!

I'm not talking about the regular release from Microsoft, but recently I came across a complete remake, just over 8gb.

As a child, this was one of my best games and finding a complete remake really made my day.

Issue is the game is in Spanish, so all voice acting and menu language is in Spanish. It's really sad that the people who created the game did not offer any language options. There was no option to change the language in the installation and the in game menu seems to lack any option to change the language.

Since the game is simply extracted, there is no proper setup, meaning I could not find any values in regedit to try and change.

Simply put, is there any hope or way of getting this game working in English?

Link of where the game was:

https://www.torrentsbees.com/en/pc/halo-combat-evolved-anniversary-pc.html

I even went through every file in the folder, config, documents, etc, but nothing was found that has anything to do with language. Any way of trying to change the language?

2. nhlkoho

nhlkoho Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080ti FE
    If there was no English dialog recorded or no English subtitles included in the game files then no.
    Maybe contact whoever created it.

3. kanej2007

kanej2007 Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080 TI 11GB
    Hmmm, I have done so, hopefully they'll respond...

4. Labyrinth

Labyrinth Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Tri-X R9 290 4G
    Is it Halo Spv3?

5. airbud7

airbud7 Guest

GPU:
    pny gtx 1060 xlr8
    are there any "english.dat" or "english.fat" files within the program itself?

6. kanej2007

kanej2007 Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080 TI 11GB
    It's just called ''Halo Combat Evolved Anniversary''

7. kanej2007

kanej2007 Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080 TI 11GB
    I wish :(

8. Labyrinth

Labyrinth Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Tri-X R9 290 4G
    Never heard of that mod but you should look up Halo spv3 and it's in English

kanej2007 and airbud7 like this.
  9. kanej2007

kanej2007 Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080 TI 11GB
    Cheers, I'll check it out. I've always been a huge fan of Halo, especially the first one. It's just really out dated, graphics wise in 2018. Replaying the game from scratch, with a huge mod/remake would be a dream come true.

The link I posed above, I've done around three stages but the Spanish language is killing me. I cannot understand what is said and spoils the feel of the game.

I'll definitely check out Halo SPV3...

airbud7 likes this.
  10. airbud7

airbud7 Guest

GPU:
    pny gtx 1060 xlr8
    I looked ....Labyrinth is right ...Halo SPV3 is the one for you...play it

Let us know for future reference!

kanej2007 likes this.

11. kanej2007

kanej2007 Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080 TI 11GB
    I tried Halo SPV3 and was impressed to read it took 11 years to develop! It is far better than the original, graphically of course yet manintains a very similar quality of game play. It feels very similar to the original with very little changes.

The AI is fantastic, even playing at normal/medium difficulty I am getting my ass whooped. They are really clever and even flank you from all sides, a very well made game which I am enjoying.

airbud7 likes this.
  12. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Trinity 3080
    My friend kanej, haven t posted in a long time....

13. kanej2007

kanej2007 Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080 TI 11GB
    Yes, because been VERY busy with personal life. Going through a divorce after a 5 year marriage and next month, middle of July will be returning to the UK on a one way ticket. Cannot wait.

Getting out of Dubai for good as well as going through a divorce would of been the best thing I've ever done.

Sick of it. Too stressful, too complicated, no freedom or rights and become too expensive and greedy. Living in the UAE is not as it used to be in the late 90's and early 2000. It's changed and only become worse.

Salaries are the same as what they used to be 10-15 years ago, no increase. What about the cost of living? Gone up by 200% yet same salary with no increment. Need I go on? :(

ramthegamer likes this.