Gigabyte outs a threefold of GeForce GTX 1050 3GB graphics cards

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Jun 14, 2018.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    Last month we already mentioned the product page of the 3GB OC edition of the GeForce GTX 1050. Two new models have made an entry though, these all are the 3GB models of the GTX 1050 (or should we say 1050 Ti).

Read more

2. vbetts

vbetts Don Vincenzo Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    Man Nvidia is making a killing of pascal. Talk about bleeding the dead horse.

fantaskarsef, Neo Cyrus and blitz72 like this.
  3. dragonlord

dragonlord Master Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia Beta Tester
    Anyone figure out what this card is good for, bang for the buck-wise? My best guess is a 4K HDR home theater PC and, well, that's about it AFAIK.

4. Fox2232

Fox2232 Guest

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    [​IMG]

vbetts and blitz72 like this.

5. Vmhasegawa

Vmhasegawa Member

GPU:
    Sapphire RX 480 8gb
    Not that I see a point or a real gap between the 1050 Ti or 1050 (if memory serves me well, there wasn't THAT much of a difference there), but... if the rumor mill is sort of true and we should really be seeing Nvidia's next gen by... Say August/September or whatever, before Christmas season. Sure, they generally tend to bring the bigger toys before, the 1180 or 2080, or whatever xx80 they may bring. This one will be have a very short lifespan I believe? Unless they aren't really planning on releasing the lower tiers anytime soon?

6. storm83

storm83 Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte 660 ti
    would love the low profile one in a mini-itx htpc / emulation / lite couch gaming / tv-browsing shinanigan box
    - but yeah, leaning towards more 'hardcore' / work related loads, nah... leave the dead horse alone

* EDIT
    NOPES - forgot that msi released a lp 1050ti...

7. This is an example of where GPP would have saved the world from all these confusing AMD SKUs
    Oh wait...

8. Neo Cyrus

Neo Cyrus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    黃仁勳 stole my 4090
    I think the dead Pascal horse ran out of blood long ago. Right now they're picking at its bones.

9. HardwareCaps

HardwareCaps Guest

GPU:
    x
    just trying to get rid of Pascal stock, they increased production because of the crypto craze and now its dead so GTX 1050(actually 1050ti) with 3GB.

10. DLD

DLD Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX1060 6GB
    Suggestion to NV: 1050 Al
    ...since it is more like aluminum than titanium... Or, maybe 1050 dTi (depleted titanium)?