Logitech G305 wireless gaming mouse endures 250 hours gameplay on a single AA battery

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Jun 2, 2018.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    airbud7 likes this.
  2. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    My G602 gives 3 weeks on a single battery, they make good wireless mice.

airbud7 likes this.
  3. MasterBash

MasterBash Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX970 SSC+
    My G603 lasts for a month and a half with only one AA Lithium battery. Same sensor as the G305. In fact, I have the G305 right now with one Lithium AA and its around 89g and of course with Logitech's wireless tech in its latest mice (G403, G603, G703, G900, G903), there is no delay.

4. 0blivious

0blivious Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7800 XT / 5700 XT
    My g602 lasts longer than any other wireless I've used. It's a fine mouse.

5. Amaze

Amaze Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 4070 ti TUF
    I sort of get it if you have a laptop, but why do you guys use wireless mice?

6. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    I don't like wires :p

airbud7 likes this.
  7. Reddoguk

Reddoguk Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX3090 GB GamingOC
    Still using my trusty MX518 for like 10 years now. Wireless was always second to wired but tech has moved a long way since then. Once all game pros switch over then i'll look into it more.

8. Ridiric

Ridiric Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti @2100Mhz
    So I'm confused about these claims of it being faster than a wired mouse, considering they both function over a USB interface I would have assumed that the USB interface would be the biggest limiting factor to response speed, unless they are saying that the wireless signal travels to the USB dongle and is read and interpreted faster than the speed the data travels down a wire to the USB port to interact with the PC.

For reference electrons going down a typical piece of 12 gauge copper wire at 10 ampere(I am aware usb cables generally use 20 to 28 gauge wire so the numbers for that would be different, ill see if I can figure it out) is around 280,000,000 meters per second where as the speed of light in a vacuum is 300,000,000 meters per second, so I cant see the actual travel time down the wire VS radio waves (which move at the speed of light) being a noticeable factor, and may even be nullified by the extra hardware needed to receive and convert that into movement on the screen (IE the dongle)

Though I guess if you had a long enough USB cable it would eventually be a problem and the wireless would be superior.

Last edited: Jun 3, 2018
    airbud7 likes this.
  9. MasterBash

MasterBash Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX970 SSC+
    Its based on the overall latency, which is true in Logitech's case, they have extremely low latency compared to most mice on the market.

However, their wireless tech is only 1ms slower than their wired version

10. gopher04

gopher04 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX780 Classified
    Wow 250 hrs on 1 battery isn't actually that good, my £11 Tecknet mouse has been going 4 months now on the same battery over 600 hrs and still going strong.

11. MasterBash

MasterBash Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX970 SSC+
    You can't compare both. This is a high performance gaming mouse with the best sensor out there along with the PWM3366. Logitech do have mice with very very long battery life, but their office mice do have the same performance as the G305.

12. 0blivious

0blivious Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7800 XT / 5700 XT
    Previous mx518 owner (RIP). Wireless still has a bad rap. I defy any of you to buy a g602 and not love it! There is no discernible wireless effect. I don't like the shape of this 305 mouse though.

airbud7 likes this.
  13. Koniakki

Koniakki Guest

GPU:
    ZOTAC GTX 1080Ti FE
    I honestly cannot remember when I replaced the batteries on my Logi M705. Since I use specific batteries(duracell industrial) I would say I replaced them once in 2-3years of owning it(replaced the originals?). :p

If this proves better(seems like it is performance wise) than my M705, then I might go for it.

14. Reddoguk

Reddoguk Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX3090 GB GamingOC
    btw that figure of 250 hours is for eco mode only which is 8ms. If you keep the mouse in performance mode of 1ms then expect 8x less life.

15. Lane

Lane Guest

GPU:
    2x HD7970 - EK Waterblock
    Really tempted to take one for my work.

We use laptop workstation ( Autocad, revit ) as we offtly draw plan directly on site. ( meaning we go do the mesurement of a building and directly draw the plan there ).

16. NimbusTLD

NimbusTLD Guest

GPU:
    1080 Ti
    Nope. 9 months in eco mode

17. lucasfrance

lucasfrance Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080Ti + 1080
    Why the hell is it not rechargeable ?

18. NimbusTLD

NimbusTLD Guest

GPU:
    1080 Ti
    Weight flexibility and price. If you care about the lowest weight possible, you can use a lithium battery, or even a AA to AAA adapter

Last edited: Jun 4, 2018
  19. Size_Mick

Size_Mick Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus GTX 1070 8GB
    I used to hate Logitech products some years ago. They made joysticks that failed in a few months, keyboards with weird layouts and funky reversed F/ F-Lock keys, and mice that weren't 100 percent compatible with Windows, even with their own driver installed. But I love their mice now (haven't used any of their other products recently). I bought a cheap M510 a year ago at Wal-Mart and it works fabulously. The plastic that the side buttons are made from is brittle, like the framework of a plastic model kit but much thinner, and are actually one single piece; the one in mine broke internally after a few weeks, so I returned it. The replacement broke in the same spot after about a month, but I was able to glue and reinforce it so it works great now. I'm pretty sure if I bought a more expensive model it would be more durable, but since the repair I've had no problems, and it's been about a year. I've only just recently replaced the battery, and this is with pretty heavy daily usage. But it's very responsive and fits well in my hand and the little bumps you feel when you roll the mouse wheel have not worn out. Overall great performer, and really great range, too. I can use it from my sofa which is about 13 feet away.