419.62 Vulkan Dev Win 10 x64 SLIM + 1.1.101.0 RT Installer: Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Exostenza, Dec 10, 2017.

1. Ital

Ital Master Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC GTX 1080 AMP
    VulkanRT has backward compatibility with previous Vulkan API versions, so the VulkanRT installer does not have to be the same version as the driver's Vulkan API support. The 397.64 driver works perfectly fine with VulkanRT installer 1.1.73.0 even though the driver only supports Vulkan API 1.1.70.
    You can make your own free-of-crap driver by extracting the 397.64 driver package file using 7zip or Winrar and then deleting several folders as follows:
    https://forums.guru3d.com/threads/w...of-a-nvidia-driver.411433/page-2#post-5368388

For 397.93 and higher, there's an extra step that needs to be done if you want to remove the GFExperience folder by editing the setup.cfg file as follows:
    https://forums.guru3d.com/threads/n...ownload-discussion.421172/page-3#post-5549873

Weesni likes this.
  2. squalles

squalles Maha Guru

GPU:
    Galax RTX 4070ti
    thanks

3. Weesni

Weesni Master Guru

GPU:
    AORUS RTX 3080 M10G
    Thanks, testing now....

4. Exostenza

Exostenza Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 GT
    OP edited June 1st

Revamped the OP with information to more accurately reflect what the thread has become.

- Added 397.96 Vulkan development driver (free of crap) with support for 1.1.73.0

I'll make it right now. I got lazy the last few days after coming back from a backpacking/climbing trip.

You may have looked when I was replacing the version with GFE required with the modded one that doesn't require it. Can you see it now?

Just giving back to the community. :)

Thanks for the shout out though!

Last edited: Jun 1, 2018
    Blackfyre likes this.

5. Jeffr33dom

Jeffr33dom Guest

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 1660 S
    Thank you for sharing this with us, these reduced installers are useful.

6. YetYhunter

YetYhunter Maha Guru

GPU:
    Jetstream GTX1080
    Great thread ! Downloading your 397.96 drivers right now.

7. Weesni

Weesni Master Guru

GPU:
    AORUS RTX 3080 M10G
    So ok i could play the whole last night, performance was good but after the second start of my pc today i got artifacting display also on/ off and event id 14 nvlddmkm error in system log.
    Had to do some more reboots to delete the driver with ddu and reinstall with normal installer. Also checked my hdds -> no errors. Maybe i was unlucky but it could be related to that free of crap installation because the text of event id 14 is:
    "The description for Event ID 14 from source nvlddmkm cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer.

If the event originated on another computer, the display information had to be saved with the event."

So maybe its not as easy just to delete some folders of nvidia installer.

8. Weesni

Weesni Master Guru

GPU:
    AORUS RTX 3080 M10G
    Still only see 390.77 free of crap whql

9. snight01

snight01 Master Guru

GPU:
    GB RTX 4090gamingOC
    398.11?

10. Exostenza

Exostenza Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 GT
    OP Updated:

June 5th 2018:
    - 398.11 WHQL driver (free of crap) with support for 1.1.70.0

snight01 and Superleosam like this.

11. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    I think it's time to test these. No more nV bloat for me thanks.

12. Exostenza

Exostenza Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 GT
    Everyone I know runs these and are very happy for it. I am sure you will like them.

mapnam charun and Superleosam like this.
  13. Exostenza

Exostenza Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 GT
    OP Updated!

Updated June 26th 2018:

- 398.36 WHQL driver (free of crap) with support for 1.1.70.0

Superleosam and mapnam charun like this.
  14. Exostenza

Exostenza Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 GT
    My pleasure . :)

mapnam charun likes this.
  15. PapaJohn

PapaJohn Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus 6700XT OC 12Gb
    Love these drivers Mott, thank you. Previous two sets have worked well on my old system.

16. Exostenza

Exostenza Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 GT
    Glad to hear. I try my best to make them as easy as possible!

PapaJohn likes this.
  17. Exostenza

Exostenza Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 GT
    No 398.46 hotfix drivers because it seems there are too many reports of the drivers not being stable or as good as the latest WHQL. So unless someone specifically wants a version by me of them I am going to leave them out.

18. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Interesting, can't be too long until the next driver release now though since one of the NVIDIA community managers posted about G-Sync getting a fix for windowed mode in the next driver release over at the GeForce.com forums last week so hopefully that will be done with testing shortly and there will be a new release later this week. NVIDIA does seem to have at least one or two driver releases per month. :)

That hotfix driver is only for Vulkan and Wolfenstein 2's black texture error too so it's probably not too critical if it does have stability issues and the current regular driver is working well, that game is going to look a bit glitched but it's not something more serious at least.
    And the Vulkan drivers themselves mostly add in the newer SDK changes but otherwise run on a earlier driver branch until these get merged into the release driver.

And if there's some truth about a 1100 series refresh that's going to need drivers too but so far it's nothing but rumors and little confirmed or official information, would be nice to see some new hardware though.

19. Blackfyre

Blackfyre Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090
    Hi Mott, can you .INF & Clean the Quadro 391.89 WHQL driver? Thank you.

EDIT: Well there's a new driver out 398.82, hoping to see a clean version of it out soon.

Last edited: Aug 2, 2018
  20. Exostenza

Exostenza Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 GT
    Added 398.82 free of crap with modded inf for no GFE install required.

Sorry for the late post as I am on vacation in Mexico and just got the chance to make these.