AMD Radeon Adrenalin Edition 18.5.2 Driver - Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, May 30, 2018.

1. iakoboss7

iakoboss7 Member Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX 480 8GB
    everything seems fine.

before installing the first driver that created this problem had you ever used DDU?
    from my experience DDU creates more problems than it solves and should only be used if no other solution is possible.

2. HeavySmok

HeavySmok Member

GPU:
    Sapphire RX 570 4GB
    Yes, i always use DDU but never had problems. As i said it's not a "big deal", just wanted to see if any other had that issue. Thx anyway ;)

3. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    The Crew 2 Closed Beta, Fast Performance check.

I will target High Preset @1440p 60FPS
    Tested with Chill and without it, CPU @~4GHz 3080Mhz 15-15-15-28-47 LLT 2T

Good performance at High settings (Menu-> set to High @1440p w/60FPS CAP & SSAO+FXAA, no other AA availbe in Demo, we need RP to enforce SMAA w/HDAO Ultra)

Almost feels like Forza with Boats & Planes -> TBA Lot of fun in this one :D

Visual Quality is here, but it's not Forza Level (UBI is not there yet)
    Not tested Ultra tho, I will soon w/SSAO+

Bottom line, Fiji is quite capable of delivering good performance in The Crew 2
    1440p Fiji & Vega should fly
    390X/580X etc. 1080p 60FPS @High NP
    ==
    RECOMMENDED CONFIGURATION – 60 FPS:

• Resolution: 1080p
    • Video Preset: High
    • PROCESSOR: AMD Ryzen 5 1600 @ 3.2 GHz or equivalent*
    • VIDEO CARD: AMD RX 470 (4GB / 8GB VRAM with Shader Model 5.0 or better)
    • SYSTEM RAM: 8GB

Hmm, Demo is buggy, can't go with Plane mission, leaving to menu.... o_O
    -> K fixed now

==

UPD.
    In game e.g. Race, drift etc. Game runs very good with Ultra/High preset SSAO/FXAA & Blur OFF, shadows Medium
    But, you need to lower this to Medium when roaming in City ! (Yes Game runs similar to WD2, hmm maby it uses same engine also ?)

Still if you want NFS like Racer -> Forza H3 or NFS: Payback is better choice (Performance wise choice) or just wait for Forza H4 :D
    Bigest UBI mistake is to not taking the DX12 rute for those titles: AC:O, Crew2, R6:S & GR:W + WD2 -> Yes they have good Snowdrop Engine with decent Dx12 implementation (Division is good example)

==
    UPD.2 The test (on new Batch it looks better)

-> https://forums.guru3d.com/threads/rx-vega-owners-thread-tests-mods-bios-tweaks.416287/page-24

Also all new Game Benchies from GameGPU are now in Vega Folder (older tests are in Fiji Folder)

Last edited: Jun 1, 2018
    Jackalito and LocoDiceGR like this.
  4. holler

holler Master Guru

GPU:
    Asrock 7900XTX Aqua
    so far so good, driver has been pretty uneventful for me...

Jackalito likes this.

5. garyb

garyb Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 4070
    Performance monitoring again doesn't work in games that it use to with these drivers.

6. spectatorx

spectatorx Guest

GPU:
    Radeon RX580 8GB
    In 18.5.1 and 18.5.2 custom profile for rainbow six siege doesn't work. The only changes i did was enabling MLAA and limiting fps to 75 but both these things seem to not be working despite profile being enabled.

7. Octopuss

Octopuss Guest

GPU:
    -
    I can't even find where it's hidden.
    The damn program makes no sense.

8. elaganza

elaganza Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire r9 380
    As i understood it is normal(means abnormal) behavior for radeon soft causing green dots,blinking monitor. I have Philips 246v was plugged via dvi and i got every once a while non active monitor while boot. i had to switch off my pc and in couple times i got windows10 boot screen.while a gaming i had green dots or at surf internet or whatever has a picture.Switching off the monitor solved the problem for a while but at next boot i got black screen.Thought it is spoiled monitor or cable or my 7850 and in the last hope plug my monitor via hdmi adapter and since it looks like work.Just once monitor blinked on a bit of second. So as i understand it is still AMD buggy software?

9. Chastity

Chastity Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro 5700XT/6800M
    No, I think there is something wrong with that card.

10. nilo

nilo Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 SUPRIM X
    New gfx driver 18.5.2 installed.
    Windows 10 Pro x64 fully updated.
    I have 2 HD7970 mounted in crossfire mode although they are not working in CFX mode.

Last AMD driver when CFX worked was 18.3.4.

i7 3770K
    8 GB RAM DDR3
    MB ASUS P8Z77-V
    PSU Corsair HX1000W

Is this my rig, Windows or AMD driver issue?

OnnA likes this.

11. Fox2232

Fox2232 Guest

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    Is your windows 1803? MS made a lot of angry people with that. Check active WDDM in dxdiag. Downgrade to 18.3.4 driver and check WDDM again. Then check if CF is working.

If it works, it may be driver. To be sure, you would have to install older W10 build and test new driver. (I have few spare drives for random installation purposes and even one 64GB USB 3.0 Windows to Go flash Drive.)
    Then check intel chipset driver/IME, I think that with Ivy, you need older version for getting most of it.

OnnA likes this.
  12. spectatorx

spectatorx Guest

GPU:
    Radeon RX580 8GB
    1803 is the very first stable build of windows ever which makes some really big problems to me which i can't resolve by myself, to be specific i am owner of creative x-fi titanium pci-ex and i got weird sound issues and according to this thread i'm not alone:
    http://forums.creative.com/showthread.php?t=742278

This is first time when i strongly recommend to downgrade (if possible) windows build to previous which didn't have problem you are facing.

13. GeRmAnOs

GeRmAnOs Member Guru

GPU:
    RX 6950XT
    Try to use XFI SupportPack 4.0, for me they work with no problem at all on win 10 1803.
    Supports the following Sound Blaster X-Fi cards (based on the CA20Kx DSPs):

- Creative SB X-Fi PCI (except Xtreme Audio)
    - Creative SB X-Fi PCI OEM SB077x (Dell, HP, Lenovo, Fujitsu etc)
    - Creative SB X-Fi Titanium PCI-E
    - Creative SB X-Fi Titanium PCI-E OEM (HP / Fujitsu)
    - Creative SB X-Fi Titanium HD PCI-E
    - Auzentech X-Fi Prelude 7.1
    - Auzentech X-Fi Forte 7.1
    - Auzentech X-Fi HomeTheater HD
    - Gigabyte SB X-Fi Titanium PCI-E onboard
    - Onkyo Wavio SE-300PCIE (R2)

OnnA likes this.
  14. Eastcoasthandle

Eastcoasthandle Guest

GPU:
    Nitro 5700 XT
    Go to Global Settings > Global Graphics > Reset (its just a word to the far right side)
    But yeah, I agree this should have been put inside the Global Graphics along with AA, vsync, tessellation mode and other options.
    But on the other hand they should bring back Flip Queue size and LodAdj as well. Instead we have to resort to regediting it or using RadeonMod.
    Don't even get me started man! Although Nvidia's CP is very dated they haven't taken features like that away like AMD has done. I should say ATI or AMD's Graphics Dept.

And they take a very hard "No" position to adding it too. Don't think we've not asked before (another forum were we had Radeon support). I just don't understand the thinking involved. Nvidia gives you everything in CP. AMD thinks you might "mess something up". But I'm thinking back to years ago though.

Try going into your bios and enabling a feature called PCIe Spectrum or "Spectrum" Or anything else that reduces EMI/RFI.
    It was discussed years ago that creating a "ground" between the PC Case and motherboard helped in this area. IE: A copper wire from the motherboard tray area on one end and a metal ground of some sort on the other copper wire end. The motherboard itself sits on the stand offs. That should ground the motherboard to the motherboard tray (you usually see metal balls around the screw holes of the motherboard.

In hindsight I would suggest (if all else fails) to take the motherboard apart. Remove the MB from the MB Tray and make sure you don't have any missing stand offs. Or misaligned stand offs (very common). IE: This is were you have 9 holes on the MB, 9 Stand Offs. But you only use 8 screws (you don't realize that though). You find a screw hole where you can't screw down. That means the stand off is misaligned to the screw hole somewhere. The only fix is take everything apart.

Now I want to remind you this is a last resort if you cannot find a software solution to the problem.

OnnA likes this.
  15. YY911SF

YY911SF Member

GPU:
    Evga Titan SLI
    Any idea if the new 18.5.2 gaming driver is for the Vega Frontier Edition? When I tried the 18.5.2 on the FE from the pro section of AMD's download site, it doesn't allow install of the gaming driver. Thx.

16. spectatorx

spectatorx Guest

GPU:
    Radeon RX580 8GB

No, it is software related issue as hardware is still fine. On llinux i do not have such problem, on previous build of windows it also didn't exist and started to happen with latest build.

I've tried to find spectrum setting in bios but unfortunately can't find it anywhere. I think for some reason my motherboard has limited bios options because i also do not have switch for s.m.a.r.t. Motherboard is gigabyte ga-990fxa-ud3 rev. 4.0.

17. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    Try, it should work NP

18. Eastcoasthandle

Eastcoasthandle Guest

GPU:
    Nitro 5700 XT
    Hmm, well aint that something? They released realtek drivers for your board 2 days ago. Unrelated/Related finding. :)
    https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/GA-990FXA-UD3-rev-40#support-dl-driver-audio
    As a "backup plan" at least you could rely on that to get your audio working if you don't find a solution.

I can understand that what you are saying though. It was working fine before but now it doesn't work with new windows build 1803 (I assume). Just covering all the bases here.
    One person fixed their problem by putting electrical tape (one layer) around the metal tab of their sound card where you insert the screw. That prevented whatever was going on with the MB/Chasis to interfere with the sound card. Although that prevented it from being grounded IMO.

But here is some food for though. MS still uses something called DEP (Data Execution Prevention), a long forgotten gremlin that's well known for messing old apps, games and drivers. It's always set (even in win10 to "Turn on DEP for essential Windows Programs and Services Only". This "feature" is rarely talked about now but was part of a known tweak to disable back during win7 days.

MS has a very peculiar way of deprecating old "stuff" (hardware/software) for thingsthat haven't been supported for a few years. Zboard comes to mind. But that was a result of a KB patch. But what happens is that the keyboard didn't just "stop working" it would "act funny". You press the L key and it would be the + key. Unusual lag response in key presses, etc. Then eventually would stop working.

This kinda reminds me of what you described with your sound card. MS does depreciate certain older hardware via it's drivers (if it was already installed at the time of the implementation of the depreciation) and you have to do a lot of research to find a list, if it exist . As most of the time it's through complaints one learns of it.

I would start with disabling DEP 1st though. See if things get better. If not then revert it back. Wish you luck in finding a fix. I don't want to stray to far off topic here.
    To turn it off:
    CMD (ADMIN Priv)
    bcdedit.exe /set {current} nx AlwaysOff
    Reboot

To turn it back to default:
    bcdedit.exe /set {current} nx OptIn
    Reboot

------------------------------

As for the Adrenalin Edition 18.5.2 Driver, I found that BF1 DX12 now hitches when scoping or getting out of vehicles. Things like that. I didn't experience that with the older drivers I had. Granted, BF1 DX12 was no saint. DX11 is still better overall for smoothness.

19. YY911SF

YY911SF Member

GPU:
    Evga Titan SLI
    I tried to, it didn't give me the option to install the gaming driver on 18.5.2, just the pro driver.

20. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    Maby try Q2 2018?
    (if you playing Forza or UWP games make sure to copy amdxc32.dll & amdxc64.dll from Windows\System32 folder, then replace the Q2 with older one)