Star Citizen Made a $27,000 DLC Bundle Exclusively for the $1,000+ Concierge Community

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, May 29, 2018.

1. Denial

Denial Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080
    I think this is a fair criticism.

metagamer likes this.
  2. rcole134

rcole134 Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080
    You did kind of get it. The end bit though I'll put another way. I find it absurd that there are people out there who think apple make incredibly well built cutting edge hardware like iPhones and iPads even though they obviously do not just as you find giving $27,000 and getting set of ships is as a thankyou is absurd. OK. Luckily for us this is (for the most part) a world where we have free choice which mean like me not buying an apple product you don't have to give $27,000 and receive a set of ships. BF is different. Yes you can buy just the $60 dollar game and enjoy it but if you want the entire game you'll either have to give them the other £140 approx. or wait until the next BF game is out a year later in which case they'll give you the maps for free.

3. rcole134

rcole134 Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080
    The biggest issues with the whole expensive packages thing is trolls, people who don't know what they're talking about, people given the wrong impression by the previous 2 and CIG not actually giving a damn because why would they? The business model works. Oh and not forgetting the 'stupid' fans who follow completely blindly and don't understand the previous sentence. ie: CIg are a business not your friend and this business model not only works but has made them $185,000,000 so far and isn't really slowing down.

4. metagamer

metagamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Dual 4070 OC
    Difference is with Apple, you know what you're buying, it's a finished product and even if you pre order before launch, you know exactly what you'll get, you'll have all the specs right in front of you if you want, you know what materials will be used, what cpu you'll get, what screen etc. With SC, nobody knows what we get. For all we know right now, we could wait another 5 years and get an average game. They're charging people for something that doesn't even exist.

5. rcole134

rcole134 Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080
    I really hoped you'd get the underlining meaning there. OK, I'll make it really simply instead. Its free choice. Buy, don't buy? Its makes no difference and is about as absurd as someone spending $6000 on a TV instead of $1000. As for knowing what your buying with apple. Its surprising how many people have zero idea past the apple brand as to what they're actually buying. (spoiler - pre existing hardware made to look new and cutting edge for the most part) As for SC, I fully aware of not only what I have so far but whats coming in the future too and for the most part and actual time frame. Its not great but its also something which we didn't have for the majority of last year.

6. Reddoguk

Reddoguk Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX3090 GB GamingOC
    When the game goes live (lol) will i be able to beat a player who has dropped nearly 30k on the game? i highly doubt it so whats the point?

7. metagamer

metagamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Dual 4070 OC
    What's with the Apple obsession?

8. Fox2232

Fox2232 Guest

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    In EVE, if such player was stupid, he would burn through his 30k ships, credits, ... in a month. Those games are not as much about single player, but about larger groups.

But those high spenders are likely to work as beacons for regular players and guilds will be formed around them. If not, they are going to learn what it means having no friends and tons of envious enemies.

9. rcole134

rcole134 Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080
    I love apples. Pink lady's are my favourite. lol
    Ok in all seriousness, Apple came to mind because they are a company who sell a lot of there products for what seems like way above the market average and have incredibly passionate fans and haters of which like in anything I'm not a fan of either side. I chose them also probably because like CIG there marketing strategy is both very questionable and incredibly effective at the same time.
    But mainly I chose Apple because I love Apples lol

10. rcole134

rcole134 Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080
    If I'm spending $1000's of dollars on ships its so my org can use them. But, then I don't see it as spending £1000's of dollars on digital ships. I see it has giving CIG £1000's to make the game I want and in return I get a ship/s that I want.

Fox2232 likes this.

11. Irenicus

Irenicus Master Guru

GPU:
    1070Ti OC
    I've been saying it for years that this company's business practices are quite shady, dubious at best.
    No no no, just no.

As for anyone saying "I'm happy to donate to this game blah blah" - you're wrong. Also, you are an idiot.
    Good business? Are you freaking serious? Do you realise how dumb that sounds? This game isn't even close to a beta release and you think asking $27k for all ships is ok? I guess you can't be reasoned with as you fall into the category I mentioned above.

It's ridiculous, absolutely ridiculous. Even if I had $27k to blow on something, I certainly could never, EVER justify spending it on a game.

Also, as I've been saying for years yet no one listens, they are also going to make you pay a subscription to play. On top of the thousands you've spent. Yes that's right. And no, don't say "it's optional" - it absolutely is not. Anyone capable of reading fine print can discover this for themselves.

I really hope this game fails if for no other reason than to make the people who backed it think twice next time. And also feel stupid. Very, very stupid.

Oh I see, you're an apple fan. Wow..... I rest my case. Clueless. I suggest you check out Louis Rossmann on Youtube to discover why you are supporting one of the worst companies in the world when it comes to business practices. It would seem some people have more money than sense.

Nope, not arbitrary. It's a very specific number and has no bearing on how anyone would be made to "feel". There's no grey area. This game is not even close to a functional beta, it's not a playable game, no MP, it's not even like an early access. I truly believe this company is taking all the idiots for a ride. I hope they enjoy it.

Last edited: May 29, 2018
    BangTail likes this.
  12. rcole134

rcole134 Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080
    LOL. Your a very funny individual. Good for you.

13. metagamer

metagamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Dual 4070 OC
    So you're happy with spending £1000s to give to CIG to make a game? A game that could turn out to be very average in the end? Are you for real?

BangTail likes this.
  14. rcole134

rcole134 Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080
    Yes. I don't smoke or drink or do drugs and I've spent less in 4 years than the average smoker, drinker and drug user and done something a lot more healthy in the process. Its all about perspective and yet again freedom of choice. My choice and I'm very happy with it.
    It still amazes me how so many people just can't see the forest for the trees.

15. Irenicus

Irenicus Master Guru

GPU:
    1070Ti OC
    Good for you, enjoy being scammed do we?
    "it's doing very well" oh yes I'm sure Mr Roberts will agree with you. However the game is not doing well at all. It's vaporware. You could donate money to charity instead of to a game that does not deserve it. Games are a pastime that we should spend money on, yes, but not take out a 2nd mortgage. How you can even attempt to defend this latest move is quite laughable. I'm not sure you actually live in any form of reality, drugs or no.

BangTail likes this.

16. vbetts

vbetts Don Vincenzo Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    All of you, back on topic. Only warning you'll get.

17. rcole134

rcole134 Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080
    Of course it is. It very common practice for a scammer to open offices around the world and keep employing new staff whilst continually putting out new improved versions of theres obviously a scam game. Best scam ever. Also, didn't realize mortgages were $60 where you come from. Wow, that's so cheap.

18. Denial

Denial Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080
    What would the game need in order to become a "functional beta?"

19. rcole134

rcole134 Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080
    Its actually quite funny reading your comments. Please keep them coming. Only thing I might suggest though is to try reading the comments before you use them. No where do I say I love apple products and in fact have been following Louis Rossman for a few years now. Come on dude. If your going to troll at least read all the comments first.

20. vbetts

vbetts Don Vincenzo Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    I literally just said you would get a warning, and you post twice? Come on now. Back on topic.