Battlefield V (2018)

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by ShadowDuke, Dec 29, 2017.

1. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    So, my understanding is that the game will be having visual cosmetic items available to purchase with real world money, and that those items will be able to be unlocked by playing the game normally.

*edit*

Dice are partnering with Nvidia, so Gameworks...

Last edited: May 26, 2018
  2. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti Ventus
    I'm not liking what I'm seeing. Ugh, was hoping for a solid WW2 experience.

Dragam1337 likes this.
  3. cowie

cowie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX
    if game Works works its a good thing for pc gaming or do you want the fps push again?
    kinda hard to take out the consoleitis at this point in time for any game
    sorta weird when you think back that bf and cod were pc only when they were good

fantaskarsef likes this.
  4. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Gaming OC
    That's kinda been my point... the last truely good bf was bf4, and that was made with pc as the primary platform... it's obvious that hasn't been the case with the following battlefield games.

5. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 Suprim X
    The two techs that they're most likely using from nvidia are.. HBAO+ , they've added it for a while now, and latest Nvidia Destruction system: Blast. And it's a great news :3

6. Corrupt^

Corrupt^ Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 3090 FE
    I just hope the guns have some "depth" in them rather than "hold mouse 1" or "spam mouse1".

fantaskarsef likes this.
  7. romul

romul Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3070 gamin
    That teaser looks better than battlefield virgins trailer

Hope it will be a good game

-Tj- likes this.
  8. DesGaizu

DesGaizu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AORUS 3060TI
    Well random deviation is finally gone, guns will have recoil pattens now and visual recoil will be tied to the recoil not just random.

9. Amaze

Amaze Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 4070 ti TUF
    I hope they have a good rush mode, that's pretty much all I played in BC2 and BF3.
    It's funny cause conquest is all we played in 1942 and BF2 and it's the "proper" way of BF but rush is just so intensely fun.

10. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    Yeah, The Farm51 have been working on that for a while.
    I love how diverse their catalog is. They are announcing WW3 and starting work on a first person survival horror game set in Chernobyl.

11. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    Would they use Nvidia's destruction system for such a gameplay heavy element of the game?

I mean this game is intended for the consoles too which is basically the bulk of the audience now "as sad as that makes me feel" and those don't have Nvidia video cards, I was thinking maybe they might implement raytracing shadows for pc like we saw teased for the new Metro game.

12. DesGaizu

DesGaizu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AORUS 3060TI
    They 100% are not using any of nvidias destruction tech, its all frostbites own tech, HBAO was made by dice plus nvidia so yeah that will be in no doubt and probably that screenshot feature.

KissSh0t likes this.
  13. Nosein

Nosein Guest

GPU:
    GTX 580
    Women are over-represented in an historical setting once again.

262,305 dislikes on the Official channel trailer, and counting.

Last edited: May 27, 2018
  14. DesGaizu

DesGaizu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AORUS 3060TI
    1 woman in a trailer for a game = over-represented...

[​IMG]

15. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    I think it's more to do with it being a British woman on the front lines that has a disability..

16. Nosein

Nosein Guest

GPU:
    GTX 580
    1 woman in a trailer for a game set in WW2. A war where 20,000,000 men died, does indeed = over-represented

Had this game been set in ww3 even "with it being a British woman on the front lines that has a disability" even if it was 1947, there wouldnt be a problem.

No. Its purely because its set in WW2.

Why wont dice or activision make a game set in the era of african of middle eastern wars? Would they put a women on the cover of those? Bet your ass they woulndt.

Interesting that you cant question the holocaust and its victims or tell alternate stories of it, but its perfectly fine to rewrite or present alternate versions of the war that the holocaust occurred during and of its 20,000,000 victims who died on the frontlines.

Next to not being allowed to question the holocaust, else be labeled anti-semantic and a denier, we're now at a point that youre also not allowed to question the alternate versions of the war that the holocaust occurred during, else youll be labeled racist and sexist. The responses in this thread and elsewhere even prove it

Questioning the facts:
    Holocaust = anti-semantic and a denier

Presenting the facts:
    History = racist and sexist

17. DesGaizu

DesGaizu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AORUS 3060TI
    You seem to be confusing a video game trailer for a series that's ALWAYS been pretty wacky with a history book or some sort of learning aid.

The trailer was showing that you can customize your 4 squad members including gender so yeah they are going to show at least 1 woman if people want a full man squad they can have that too choice is great.

If your kids are learning about are history from 2 min game trailers then you gone ****** up cos I'm sure as hell mine ain't.

Also just to make this clear I think all are history both bad and good should be taught in school none of it should be sugar coated or "warped" in anyway.

18. Nosein

Nosein Guest

GPU:
    GTX 580
    Children learn more and those lessons are deep seeded more quickly from the things they enjoy and entertainment/pop culture. Theres a reason people and children who arent intentionally racist, go around using the term "nigga" like its a fullstop.

Edit: That moment you realize the term "ni**a" isnt censored but steam games are.

19. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    How funny would it be though if you can have peg legs and two prosthetic arms.

20. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    What do you get for pre-ordering? other than the game.... I'm guessing a few days earlier access?