Gigabyte may ship less than 10 million motherboards in 2018

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, May 3, 2018.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
  2. Rihter

Rihter Guest

GPU:
    NVIDIA 1070 8gb
    "They reasoned that the firm's restructured motherboard division has yet to get on the track of smooth operation"... Uhmm, yes, working on NOT breaking system boot after each BIOS update would be beneficial for their sales...

3. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    First it reads as if they have declining sales due to decreased mining mainboard demand, then it states that other companies have been able to work against such a huge drop by selling high end gaming boards to miners.

[​IMG]

4. sarsar

sarsar Guest

What a joke, i saw a documentary from one of their factory and they were making ~ 400.000 motherboards per month.. and i had a problem getting a good board fom my R7 1700 and now after 2 weeks they have only 2 models for the 2xxx series and those are both over 150 euro. :(

@Rihter: yes! I had a older bios and i wanted a newer for the 2xxx series but i tried 3 and all were bad, i couldn't enter bios after setting my memory at 2733 Mhz unless i removed the battery (previously it worked at 2800 but not with with those 3).
    Finally they released a newer one and my memory works at 2800 Mhz, i can enter bios everytime, and it has support for 2xxx so this will be the last bios.

Now i have problems with my gigabit ethernet port. :(

5. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4070 Ti
    Well my current motherboard still works fine.

Why should i replace it every year for 1% performance increase?

6. khanmein

khanmein Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 SC
    Great news. Gigabyte bios is crappy & released too many revision that come with lousy VRM.

7. blurp33

blurp33 Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    I stopped buying Mobos from them because they use a proprietary fan controller (datasheet not available) that does not work with My beloved app SpeedFan. Gigabyte : don't provide your datasheet ? I will not provide my money!

8. FrostNixon

FrostNixon Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 5700 XT
    Amount of PCs is going down as well, so it's only to be expect. With those prices I don't blame people.

9. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4070 Ti
    While i'm happy with my current board, i doubt i will go Gigabyte again next round.

10. ht_addict

ht_addict Active Member

GPU:
    Asus Vega64(CF)
    Next motherboard for me will take me back to Asus. Though I love the look of the board(Aorius X399), the support by Gigabyte has been horrendous to say the least. We have not had a BIOS update since last October to address any of the issues. Get your act together Gigabyte.

11. wavetrex

wavetrex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TUF 6800XT OC
    In 2016 I bought their highest-end (at that time) GA-X99-Ultra Gaming

It works fine...
    ...as long as I don't power off or reboot the computer.

BIOS is complete crap.

(Previous ones had BIOS problems as well, randomly losing settings, switching by itself to "alternate" bios with it's own independent config - which was obviously wrong, perfectly working overclock settings magically vanishing - being reset - just because of a power failure, Intel RAID suddenly not being enabled... and other nightmarish boot issues)

My last Gigabyte board ever.

12. Size_Mick

Size_Mick Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus GTX 1070 8GB
    I previously owned the GA-P45-UD3R with a Q6600 OC'd to 3GHz and used it for almost 8 years non-stop before upgrading. My brother uses it now and it's still going strong. I now own the GA-Z170X-UD5 with a Skylake 6600. So far so good (about 2 years now), but I haven't bothered OC'ing yet. I hope they work their issues out and can improve their reputation. I've been happy with them so far (though I've owned Asus, ECS, Zotak, ASRock, MSI and Abit boards, and they've all performed pretty well, though the ECS wasn't a good overclocker).