Radeon Adrenalin Edition 18.4.1 Drivers Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by NvidiaFreak650, Apr 29, 2018.

1. Dr451

Dr451 Active Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte AMD R9 270X 2GB
    Who have this problem? I have R9 270X and on amd forum many people have this error.

[​IMG]

Fresh install, ddu not work. This is problem with radeonsettings.exe. I'm tired with AMD GPU. I reported this and AMD not resolve this problem. This bug is on 18.2.3 and newer drivers

2. z8373767

z8373767 Master Guru

GPU:
    6900XT/8650G+7970M
    My friend's HD 7870 works fine on 18.3.1 and Windows 10 1709 (he didn't update to newest windows and drivers yet)

Youtube freeze video (audio still playing) when i leave YT tab for a while, then back to watching video. It tooks few seconds to freeze. I need to skip a part or reload site. Firefox 59.0.3, Win10 1803, R9 Fury.

Radeon Overlay is visible for every game i played.
    (Overwatch, CS:GO, Far Cry 3, Business Tour XD)

3. Krteq

Krteq Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 3080 WC
    Can you please post a screenshot of "System - Software" tab?

4. Pyrage

Pyrage Master Guru

GPU:
    580 CF@ 1470
    This happened to me.

As soon as Radeon settings would launch at startup, my PC would -freeze-, just totally hang like if I was running with a bad overclock or something.

I had to boot in safe mode and use DDU, which still didn't fix the problem. I had to boot in safe mode again, install an older driver, then install 18.4.1 over it, without using DDU or anything else.

Now it FINALLY works, but I can only access Radeon settings through the taskbar, I can't see it on the context menu anymore.

Last edited: May 3, 2018

5. Crazy Serb

Crazy Serb Master Guru

GPU:
    270X Hawk 1200-1302
    Do not expect ti be fixed. I guess this is last time I tried to update driver from 16.7.2 for example. Just use last good drivers and check fixed issues when new drivers come out. I am waiting for next-gen nV cards now instead for UVD fix for 1st gen GCN..

6. WarDocsRevenge

WarDocsRevenge Guest

GPU:
    Fury-x Crossfire
    1 or 2 drivers till ogl 4.6 is fully done i can't wait amd get it together add threading for api's

7. LocoDiceGR

LocoDiceGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3060 Ti
    Upgrade to windows 10.

I dont understand why people use so old OS in 2018.

8. pseudo555

pseudo555 Member

GPU:
    sapphire R580
    This driver makes my mouse lagging and shuttering. I rollback to 18.3.4 wich works.

Win10 1803.

gassenn likes this.
  9. gassenn

gassenn Member

GPU:
    GTX 1060 6GB
    Same here, but using Windows Insider 17655
    18.3.4 fixed

10. AlleyViper

AlleyViper Master Guru

GPU:
    Strix 2070S|6700XT
    No problem here on 1803/18.4.1 and Razer Deathadder Elite under current Synapse 2 at 500Hz, USB2.0 port on a SB750.

11. DeusEXMachina

DeusEXMachina Active Member

GPU:
    ASUS RX 480 OC 8G
    Just ok drives, equal performance to 18.3.2 ...keeped

12. WarDocsRevenge

WarDocsRevenge Guest

GPU:
    Fury-x Crossfire
    USB issues that makes no sense i have no issues on rs4 or rs5 windows 10 make sure you have proper usb 3 and 2 drivers installed

13. PrEzi

PrEzi Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX MERC310 7900XTX
    Windows 10 April Update problems:
    Delayed mouse reactions:
    Some people are observing mouse movements and cursor speed different than before. The cause of this Windows April Update issue is not known.

Delay in Alt +Tab
    There is a delay when people use Alt+Tab keyboard shortcut to switch between active apps.

And so on.... I wouldn't blame AMD and AMD alone when your mouse feels sluggish. Of course it is easier to roll back to WDDM <2.4 driver (<18.4.1) and blame AMD rather than roll back to 1709 (WDDM 2.3) and blame Microsoft..

14. AlleyViper

AlleyViper Master Guru

GPU:
    Strix 2070S|6700XT
    You could have also pointed that the temp fix to the alt tab delay is to completely disable Focus Assist automatic rules on Settings\System\Focus Assist.

15. Pyrage

Pyrage Master Guru

GPU:
    580 CF@ 1470
    That's why I can't stand this "windows as a service" bs. Every time I see win10 updating I gotta worry if it's gonna break something or not, like some sort of early access steam game on beta. I'm only using it because of dx12 really.

16. ObscureangelPT

ObscureangelPT Guest

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1650 Supe
    @Pyrage I've said a million times now, that Microsoft should had take the Ubuntu Approach with 2 different release schedules for the users.
    One like it is now...
    And anothers like the Ubuntu LTS release which features are only updated every 2 years...
    Microsoft could still continue to work as a service, nothing wrong with that, but they could allow us to have extended release schedules, especially now, where the features are barely interesting.

A 2 year update would be much more stable for us and less aggressive to the laptop brands, which everytime Microsoft changes something big under the hood with this upgrades, laptop brands have to pressure the brands of the affected components to work in a newer driver.

17. S3r1ous

S3r1ous Member Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX 6700
    got 1703 here, works ok
    i like a buffer of atleast year of updates before i move to newer win10 build lol

18. spectatorx

spectatorx Guest

GPU:
    Radeon RX580 8GB
    But... they already did. They are releasing new OS version twice a year (spring update vs 1x.04, fall update vs 1x.10) and there exists something called windows LTSB which is exactly the same thing as ubuntu's LTS.

19. AlleyViper

AlleyViper Master Guru

GPU:
    Strix 2070S|6700XT
    There's LTSB/LTSC W10, but only for VL. Still, the current barrier to use it with latest AMD drivers is actually on the AMD side because current W10 LTSB 2016 is still on 1607 (there will be a later 2019 release this year), which is unsupported. I don't know if issues like this or this still stand.

20. spectatorx

spectatorx Guest

GPU:
    Radeon RX580 8GB
    Yes, LTSB is available for VL but also you can download it to try as 90-day trial (effectively you can use it up to 360 days without reinstall). That's what i did once to check out LTSB on my PC.