Review: Corsair H60 - Petite and Cute With 120mm LCS

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, May 2, 2018.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    It's back to basics with a 120mm LCS, we check out the new Corsair Hydro Series H60 - a single fan 120mm AIO Liquid cooler series. No extravagant software control, just a simple enough cooler with ni...

Review: Corsair H60 - Petite and Cute With 120mm LCS

KissSh0t likes this.
  2. G0dly

G0dly Member

GPU:
    1080 TI
    PG 10 - DBA Sound pressure idle has wrong line highlighted.

3. Hilbert Hagedoorn

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    Yeah I noticed that it has already been fixed though.

4. Vananovion

Vananovion Member Guru

GPU:
    Radeon RX 6800 16GB
    Is it compatible with AM4? Also, since I am new to watercooling, can I use a regular 120mm fan mount at the back of my case to mount the radiator?

5. Hilbert Hagedoorn

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    Yes and yes.

6. Venix

Venix Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Rtx 4070 super
    while closed loops are aesthetically pleasing i still prefer a good aircooler i would take few degrees more on temperature to remove a potential point of failure from the equation ((the pump )) although really nice to see the 120 mm performing so close to the d15 from noctua..that's actually impressive !

7. The Goose

The Goose Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Rtx3080 SuprimX
    While ive no need for this in my rig i`d still like to see how it gets on cooling an i7 7700k with out delid.

8. wavetrex

wavetrex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TUF 6800XT OC
    Pumps are pretty damn reliable these days, Asetek had years to perfect the manufacturing process of those things.
    Corsair is even giving 5 year warranty on several of their AIO's

I can't stand those bulky air coolers anymore, while they were "fancy" years ago when it all started, right now I love the clean interior of a computer with a watercooled CPU, even if the performance is equal or slightly inferior to one of those big tower coolers.

2018 and forward, watercooling all the way for any performance computer.

9. Venix

Venix Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Rtx 4070 super
    hehe when you have a leaf blower like mine ...cleaning em is not an issue ! and i know but it still can happen while the aircooler will just keep going although those aio's are so tempting !

10. wavetrex

wavetrex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TUF 6800XT OC
    "clean interior" means - not crowded, or not filled with "stuff" taking space.

Wasn't talking about not having dust on them.

11. H83

H83 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Black 6950XT
    I have to say i´m surprised by the performance of this "little" cooler. It performed very well and basically tied with the H80. And it seems to be well priced.

This makes me wonder if finally i should retire my trusty Noctua U12P SE2 and replace it with a nice liquid cooler. Too bad Corsair insists on the wiring mess that really ruins the appeal of their coolers, what a letdown...

Hilbert, do you think you can explain to Corsair that the wiring mess is "killing" their coolers?...

12. SpajdrEX

SpajdrEX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gainward RTX 4070
    I'm missing comparison with older (two, or are there more?) models.

13. valentyn0

valentyn0 Member Guru

GPU:
    PowerColor 6800 XT
    I'll give you an even better answer to that: i have the older H60 model (2016) and on my 8700K @4.5GHz, (not delidded) has lower temps than this 4790k @4.6GHz,
    but with a small caveat: i replaced the very noisy and shitty default corsair fans and replaced them with industrial PWM noctuas (max 3k RPM) with around 7.50 mmH2O static pressure, I think, maybe they do a little better job than Corsair's default fans.

14. SpajdrEX

SpajdrEX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gainward RTX 4070
    valentyn0 : hehe, yeah that corsair fan is terrible, but acceptable at 700rpm ;-)

15. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 3080Ti Gaming OC
    Ah... this reminds me of my good ol' H50, first AIO water cooler I had. Fun fact - it still works flawlessly to this day with a i7 920 for almost 10 years now for the guy I sold them to.

16. eltano06

eltano06 Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte r9 380 G1 Gaming
    it would ve been nice a comparison with the previous model. i still have mine cooling my 4790 with the same temps as it did on 2015 when i bought it, almost 3 years ago.

17. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    So so happy with this cooler, it is way better than my previous Antec H20 620....

I think the highest I've seen my cpu temp go is 50c with this new cooler, it's cooling a stock FX 8320....