MSI Afterburner stuck at showing base clock always at 405 MHz, and GPU temp of 0 degrees Celsius!

Discussion in 'MSI AfterBurner Application Development Forum' started by nvidiaman, Apr 24, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nvidiaman

nvidiaman Active Member

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 960 M 4 GB
    Hi all,

I have a problem!

My GPU is Nvidia GTX 960 M 4 GB,and
    MSI Afterburner is showing 405 MHz for the base clock for all of the time,instead of 135 MHz!And it is showing 0 degrees Celsius for the GPU temp!

All of the issues happenned after I updated my Nvidia graphics driver to version 391.35 !

And GPU-Z and HWMonitor were showing always 405 MHz of the base clock untill,
    I yesterday installed an older version of the video driver and HWMonitor and GPU-Z started showing the 135 MHz for the base clock while at idle!

Only MSI Afterburner shows 405 with 405 MHz for all of the time and 0 degrees Celsius of the GPU,untill I open HWMonitor or GPU-Z ! When I open them then MSI Afterburner starts to show 135 with 405 MHz,and also starts to show the GPU temp which is around 30 degrees Celsius!

Could someone please help me to fix ths issue of MSI Afterburner? I would like to set it to show the base of 135 MHz with 405 MHz at idle,not 405 with 405 MHz,without need of opening of app like HWMonitor or GPU-Z!

And dear moderators please delete my previous threads,because this is the right one!

Please help me!
    Thanks to all in advance!
    Best regards!

2. Unwinder

Unwinder Ancient Guru Staff Member

Switchable graphics is the reason, GPU temp is invisible when discrete GPU is sleeping and that's normal behavior. Also laptops are not supported officially as stated in documentation.

3. nvidiaman

nvidiaman Active Member

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 960 M 4 GB
    Dear Unwinder,thank you for replying!

But before I installed the latest Nvidia driver 391.35 ,the Afterburner worked fine,and showed the base clock of 135 MHz!
    Is there a way I can fix it to at least show the base clock of 135 Mhz?

4. Unwinder

You had different iGPU settings before. You may configure switchable graphics in NVIDIA control panel to force NVIDIA GPU to be always on, but that kills power saving.

5. nvidiaman

nvidiaman Active Member

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 960 M 4 GB
    I've just set the Nvidia GPU as the preferred GPU ,but the Afterburner still doesn't show the base clock of 135 MHz!

6. Unwinder

Configure it properly, you've set it as preferred GPU for 3D applications. I'm afraid that I cannot help you further and closing the thread as the issue is not related to MSI Afterburner at all.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.