Far Cry 5 Thread:

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by ramthegamer, May 10, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    I sure am :) Always.

StarvinMarvinDK likes this.
  2. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    I just hope they don't wait too long with the HD pack. It's no use to those who have already finished the game.

Dragam1337 and StarvinMarvinDK like this.
  3. MarkyG

MarkyG Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 4070Ti
    Holy Hell this game runs and looks superb. Am enjoying it so far, even if it's just a "Ubisoft's greatest hits all molded into one package" - Also, the enemy spawns are relentless and ridiculous. It's a cracking entry into the franchise though. Colour me impressed. One of Ubi's best PC ports IMO.

signex likes this.
  4. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Gaming OC
    Hmm, since you are experiencing stuttering, have you tried the following settings ? g-sync on, v-sync forced on in global profile, fps cap in rtss at 2 fps lower than your screen hz

5. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Gaming OC
    Agree - i kinda wanna wait with playing it till that hd texture pack comes, cause those horribly low quality textures are really distracting me !

6. Grimbarian

Grimbarian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3070 Ti
    Am I missing something obvious in how to have multiple saves for different playthroughs? I want to have one playthrough that's completely SP and one that I play coop with the wife, I only want to unlock stuff in the playthrough of the coop version with her (if that makes sense)?

DocStrangelove likes this.
  7. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 Super
    Yep, and it's not my vram so it's definitely the textures. Make the roads really blurry up close. You can see the textures also loading in when you rotate the camera.

Dragam1337 likes this.
  8. archie123

archie123 Guest

GPU:
    Aorus 1080ti Extreme
    Am I missing something obvious or do I have to go to a shop to take my suppressor off?

9. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    I don't think there's a attachment toggle key so I guess, unless there's a way from the inventory or item wheel I'm completely overlooking but I guess Ubisoft assumed people would keep them as permanent upgrades since there's no downsides to equipping them.
    (Then again there's multiple scopes and while a few have superior stats other might be better for the situation or just having a better viewing area.)

archie123 likes this.
  10. Grimbarian

Grimbarian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3070 Ti
    Got the freeze/ctd when viewing the map in coop four times in less than an hour, bloody annoying, anyone know of a fix?

11. niczerus

niczerus Guest

GPU:
    MSI GamingX 580 4GB
    RX580 , on some points i see drops to 50-40 fps , but on general runs on 60 fps .

12. slick3

slick3 Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2070 +85/1200
    The AI is dumb. I'm playing on Hard and the only challenge I ever got was at the beginning from the car chase.

Otherwise the AIs just stand there, with no reaction - I can literally just run to them press F everytime. I may shoot a few of the men down and the rest within close proximity will again show no reaction... doing nothing... watching nothing. It's almost as if they were set on 'Harmless'.

I'm enjoying the game, but I would like a challenge. Anyone can relate?

13. DocStrangelove

DocStrangelove Guest

GPU:
    MSI RTX2080 Super
    Guess this is the same problem like in AC Unity, only 1 saveslot.
    You could avoid this if you always join her game so that won't affect your progress.

Love the game so far, but i think there's too much going on besides in midair.
    In FC3 or 4 you could easily enjoy the silence for minutes while walking through nature to the nearest target location. Here's its impossible, you get attacked by anything within 30secs.
    So i take to the skies with my helo, then jump off via BATsu.... wingsuit when over the target.

Still - too many cutscenes in this game. Gets on your nerves when you have sit there and listen to a bad guy's blah blah. :p

AsiJu, StarvinMarvinDK and Death_LV like this.
  14. kx11

kx11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    is this game easy ??

i'm hardly aiming at the enemies and those idiots are falling like flies

slick3 likes this.
  15. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 Super
    The story seems too short imo, i'm already at 80% completed and i have only played for 17 hours. I even completed most side missions.

Wildlands has such a huuuuge giant map with so many regions.
    But i guess it's cause FC5 is based on a single region in America.

16. Grimbarian

Grimbarian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3070 Ti
    Turns out it's SLI/Crossfire related (as posted by others on the Ubi forums), turned off Crossfire last night and then no crashes for the next couple of hours.

Yeah I always do join her game but I don't want to unlock new weapons/vehicles in SP that I haven't "earned" with her in coop, I'm just weird I guess :)

17. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    Agreed, the enemy frequency outside of missions needs a tone down.

It became apparent when I got Boomer. I couldn't go more than 20 sec without Boomer growling at something somewhere (spotting an enemy).
    Even if I didn't leave the farm, just explored it or went through my inventory etc.

If it weren't cultists then some cougars or damn turkeys with a bad day xD

Also agree that apart from that FC 5 is super fun! Especially as I haven't played basically any FC game since the first.
    Well I did play FC 2 but it felt so clunky I stopped after an hour or so.
    Reinstalled years later, gave it another go, still the same.

FC 5 feels like FC formula refined, only fix that random enemy behavior.
    Guess Ubi thought that as they don't make you follow a certain path anymore, they must pepper you with random enemies to make you feel like you're "progressing" all the time or something.

Which is a bit sad as I feel like this truly open map, no hand holding approach with a realistic(ish) setting (as in environment) makes this game stand out.
    Not just from other FC games but open world shooters in general.

FC 5 manages to do the open world shooter very well imo, balance freedom with action if that makes sense. To that end it's kind of neat no place is safe from random encounters but anything that jars gameplay is bad.

Last edited: Mar 31, 2018
    Dragam1337 and StarvinMarvinDK like this.
  18. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Gaming OC
    I haven't experienced it at all, so i'm guessing its just crossfire.

19. archie123

archie123 Guest

GPU:
    Aorus 1080ti Extreme
  20. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Gaming OC
    archie123 likes this.