ASRock Phantom Gaming Graphics Cards Leak - Includes Entire RX 500 line

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Mar 28, 2018.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
  2. H83

H83 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Black 6950XT
    The coolers could use some color to make them different from the competition...

Apart from that, it´s good to have one more GPU vendor, good luck to them.

schmidtbag and fantaskarsef like this.
  3. DeskStar

DeskStar Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 3080Ti/3090FTW
    Better late than never......?!? Not sure how to feel about their inclusion of the GPU market this late into the 500 series' release.

4. RzrTrek

RzrTrek Guest

GPU:
    -
    Welcome to the party, or what's left of it...

oxidized likes this.

5. eddieobscurant

eddieobscurant Member

GPU:
    Sapphire 6950 2gb
    with the new nvidia gpp program asus could no longer use the "republic of gamers" brand on amd radeon.

Here comes asrock (asus is the parent company) with a new gaming brand "phantom gaming" for amd

Unfortunately gigabyte , msi and others don't have that option and will stop using their gaming brands (aorus, etc) on amd radeon products

6. oxidized

oxidized Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1060 6G
    Late to the party, but who knows if they can keep up with the others, i must say they look pretty cool to me.

7. H83

H83 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Black 6950XT
    Is Nvidia stopping those companies from creating a new (gaming) brand for AMD cards??? With a different brand for AMD everything would be solved...

8. proy

proy Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte 460OC - 1GB
    You are right, they JUST have to start over a new brand to sell AMD cards, with the Nvidia cards still using the brands they have been advertising for years... there is absolutely no way it may have any impact on sales, and then, absolutely no impact on the ability from AMD to create competitive cards.

eddieobscurant likes this.
  9. warlord

warlord Guest

GPU:
    Null
    Pointless. What kind of wannabe gear up is this? RX 5XX are so 2015-2017 performance wise and they bring new entire batch in 2018? Asrock #fail. They should wait for 2018 refresh if there will be any. What a waste.

10. vbetts

vbetts Don Vincenzo Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    I think it's a great way for them to get in the market. Get their name out there as a base, then really ramp up production next generation. Honestly this just goes to show how much production AMD has done of the 5xx chips if they can accept a new partner(That and demand being less coming from a couple other partners recently).

warlord likes this.

11. RzrTrek

RzrTrek Guest

GPU:
    -
    I wish they came in red like my MSI GAMING X.

12. warlord

warlord Guest

GPU:
    Null
    Sure but it is a 2018 movement as I see this. If there will be any refreshes planned for current year, they will push forward new generation months after other AIBs? When are they gonna cover the costs? Unless we won't see any newer AMD models for 2018 and they know it.

13. vbetts

vbetts Don Vincenzo Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    Let's be real here.

I'm gonna hate to say this, but a part of this seems motivated by the mining craze too. Miners don't want the low end cards or even the lower mid range cards, they want the 570 and 580(with 8gb), but because of demand from miners all video card prices go up, so demand is pretty high on all gaming oriented gpu's, and they sell at a price higher than MSRP. To make a pretty good buck, this is an easy way even with mining coming down some and gpu prices starting to lower back a little, there is still a high demand where most cards are gone the second they are in stock.

14. H83

H83 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Black 6950XT
    Not everyone can afford an high end card and they have to start somewhere so these cards are perfectly normal.

15. MaCk0y

MaCk0y Maha Guru

GPU:
    4090 ICHILL BLACK
    Really like the design. Black with a touch of white. If the G was also white, it would have been better IMO.

16. Agonist

Agonist Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900xtx Black
    Good old Warlord.

I think they look good for a start up.

Another AIB is nice. We lost a few over the years.

And with Nvidias bullshit partner program, this is a small good thing for AMD.

17. Pinscher

Pinscher Guest

GPU:
    1080 ti Duke
    It's unfortunate the fans are so small. By the pictures they are about the size of gigabyte fans, which means the product won't content with MSI gaming series.

It's really not a hard conclusion that air cooled products need big fans to keep cooler then competition in order to beat out competition.

Well, luckily enough 500 series don't get too hot anyhow, so maybe the point is mute.

18. Dimitrios1983

Dimitrios1983 Master Guru

GPU:
    RX580
    Due to mining and having bills in my life all I could afford was an AMD RX560 4GB when my other card crapped out like two months after this card was released, and it was the only one left at BESTBUY. I paid around $120-$130 and now the price was at around $200. I bought the one that comes with an optional power connector so you can overclock it. Runs very good and you can run at max settings but had to lower the SHADOW settings to Medium instead of MAX. Awesome card and the fan only comes on when playing higher end games and is quiet. It runs nice and cold and I'm like 1-2 drivers old and plays fine. Yes we get the "SCRAPS" or "CRUMBS" due from mining but it does the job.

Embra likes this.
  19. Fox2232

Fox2232 Guest

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    Good enough look... Phantom is Gray... Gaming is Great...
    *Looks at Brick resembling Graphics Card with tubing.*

But I am not sure if it was best move to enter market even with RX 550 2GB, which is practically obsolete.
    But I wonder why nobody came with dual GPU RX 560 since those are quite available and 2048SP total is far from bad. And can be considered as sufficient replacement for RX570 which is still hard to obtain.

20. Aura89

Aura89 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    Something that doesn't matter is "unfortunate"?

lol i wanna know what make-believe world you people live in is.