need help with screen resizing on a couple programs

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon' started by circeseye, Mar 26, 2018.

1. circeseye

circeseye Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 6800xt oc
    amd r9 380 newest drivers. (even tried older ones)
    so far 1 program and 1 game does it. sea of thieves and discord video call.
    it keeps shrinking my screen to where i have over a 1in black border around it (72" tv so very noticeable). and have to go into amd settings to resize the screen after closing the programs everytime.
    ive tried changing the font icon size, (was running 125% changed it to normal 100%) no change still does it
    went into amd settings and tried changing gpu scaling to off and even tried all the different scaling modes.
    im at a lose where else to look. the game shouldnt change the the screen size like that its set at the same res as the desktop. and not sure why discord video even does it.
    ive tried sea of thieves forum for this no response even another forum again no response.
    does anyone have any ideas on how to fix this from happening

2. Chastity

Chastity Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro 5700XT/6800M
    HDMI output has an option to resize the output. You'll find it in the Radeon Settings Display tab.

3. circeseye

circeseye Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 6800xt oc
    ?????? um thats the first thing i have to do to fix what the programs did.

4. Chastity

Chastity Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro 5700XT/6800M
    Your TV may be being detected as a 59.97Hz vs 60Hz, or the game is using one while the OS is set to another. Each mode has their own HDMI Scanline setting. Alternate between the two and make sure they both look proper on the TV.

5. circeseye

circeseye Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 6800xt oc
    no they both do the same exact thing. the discord thing isnt a big deal to me since i rarely use it, but its really annoying that a game does it. i have never had a game or program just change the screen size like its doing.
    and theres no way to actually see the game settings to see wth its actually doing. (thanks microsoft)

6. Truder

Truder Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6700XT Nitro+
    Sounds like your display is being redetected so the settings get reset - you could try setting an edid profile in CRU perhaps?

I don't know if it'll help but you could also try ensuring GPU scaling is on.

If you're using HDMI there are all sorts of things that can interfere and I've had problems with monitors behaving weird when using HDMI.

Additionally, some TVs have a setting in their options where you can set the HDMI source to be "PC" so that you're able to use the display at a native resolution rather than relying on the TV's scaler.

Hopefully this will help but otherwise, not sure what else to suggest.

7. circeseye

circeseye Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 6800xt oc
    the other stuff has already been done and checked.
    now this cru? does it actually change something in windows itself? ive been reading some of the tread trying to figure it out.
    apparently now when windows restarts i again have to go back into amd setting and do the resize. so what ever sea of thieves game did it changed something somewhere in windows. everything was fine before i played it. even did a full ddu video driver install didnt fix it.
    so now its the game sea of thieves, discord video and when comp starts up.....so far nothing else effects the screen size.........this is just mind blowing to me. pulling my hair out trying to figure this out