Metro Exodus

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by scatman839, Jun 11, 2017.

1. Carfax

Carfax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 4090 Extreme
    No disagreement here. But before the introduction of Steam into China, Windows 10 was closing in on Windows 7 very quickly. Actually, even up to the beginning of this year it was. I made this post in February and I remember checking the Steam hardware survey and it looked like Windows 10 was rapidly closing in on Windows 7.

But when you look at it now, there has been a massive surge in Windows 7 users, which can easily be explained by the increasing amount of Steam users in China. Even the most popular language on Steam is no longer English, it's simplified Chinese.

No, I said that the vast majority of the Windows 7 copies in China are pirated.

Sorry, but Windows 7 is garbage compared to Windows 10. Gaming on Windows 7 performs worse than on Windows 10, and even more, the OS is much more vulnerable to malware than Windows 10 is. People can do what they like, but any friend of mine that still ran Windows 7 would get a long rant from me telling them why they shouldn't be.

Not as simple as what you're saying. Shader model 6 is fundamentally incompatible with DX11 and Windows 7. It only works with DX12 and Windows 10. It seems to me they are making a clean break from the legacy programming and modernizing their engine as much as possible, likely for the performance and efficiency gains. To gain as much as possible from DX12, the engine needs to be completely rewritten to take advantage of it, and thus any thoughts of DX11 need to be abandoned.

So for them to even contemplate using Shader Model 6 tells me something. This will probably be the most technologically sophisticated title of the year. Also, I would bet money that the majority of the people that are interested in Metro Exodus, are not running Windows 7.

2. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    Try to keep the thread about Metro Exodus instead of rambling and instigating argument.

BangTail likes this.
  3. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    Thanks but my question wasn't serious... more a sarcastic remark against implying W7 users aren't gamers or edge gamers.

4. IAmGhostDog

IAmGhostDog Guest

GPU:
    XFX R9 390
    First. Win7 is still being supported by Microsoft. Which hat you pulled that out of is beyond me.
    Second. Developers are not going to exclude an OS and lose those profits. And because most of what is being said here, is speculation, this is all probably moot.
    Third. I'm on Win7. I like it. All my games run just fine. And at this point in time I have no reason to go to Win10.

If this is a Win10 exclusive title they don't get my money. Simple as that. I'm not upgrading an OS just to play a game.

5. Carfax

Carfax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 4090 Extreme
    For security updates only, and that will end in 2 years.

I remember the same argument was stated when EA and DICE decided to drop support for Windows XP+DX9 with BF3. Look how that turned out eh?

Also I think we've passed the point of mere speculation. We know for a fact that the game will use DXR (which requires SM6.0) which is an extension of DX12, and NVidia RTX. The only question is, whether they will also support a fallback DX11 pathway.

Personally, I don't know how they are going to do that since DXR and SM6.0 are fundamentally incompatible with Windows 7 and DX11. It's possible, but the fact that they are using SM6.0 to me is a breaking point.

Don't really care what OS you use.

Don't really care that you want to stay on a decrepit operating system.

6. BangTail

BangTail Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC

Don't want to rain on your DX12 parade Carfax but I seriously doubt Exodus will be exclusively DX12, not going to happen for many of the reasons stated here but the most obvious being financial.

Attacking other people's choices, regardless of how strongly held your opinions are, is not making your argument any stronger.

Last edited: Mar 24, 2018
  7. mbk1969

mbk1969 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GF RTX 4070
    I managed to restrain myself from participating in that off topic dispute. I am cool!

AsiJu and Rich_Guy like this.
  8. warlord

warlord Guest

GPU:
    Null
    I would like more MS store exclusive or pure DX12 games just to vanish cheap peasants of 2012 era.

Shataan and Carfax like this.
  9. Carfax

Carfax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 4090 Extreme
    Well it will be up to the developer in the end. I will respect any decision they make. But, there's nothing wrong with hoping that Metro Exodus is a DX12 exclusive. When have PC gamers become so regressive as to be against technological progress? PC gaming has always been at the forefront of gaming when it comes to technological advancement, yet some people think it's proper to keep supporting an operating system and an API that is nearly a decade old, not including development time.

Who said I'm attacking other people's choices? I think you're confusing me with someone else. It's factually accurate to say that Windows 7 is a measurably worse operating system than Windows 10 and that using it will result in less performance from your hardware, as well as increased vulnerability to malware. That's not an attack, it's a brute fact.

warlord likes this.
  10. warlord

warlord Guest

GPU:
    Null
    They cannot accept it. Everything is safer, smoother, faster, better with windows 10. They are so 2011. Retro guys or some 3rd world country.

I am a proud windows insider both in windows and office. I love legit software. And as I pay I demand the edge of it I am honorable.

It is their call to deny evolution. I am with Microsoft in this they are the best. They do buy latest CPUs and GPUs they show love to Intel/Nvidia and AMD, but Microsoft is the Devil. I cannot accept their inappropriate sluggish behavior.

I merely hope, like 32bit/x86 OS is dead, most of good games are only supporting 64bit/x64, the next step is to deny any OS that is old enough. They always bash consoles and console gaming. How are they different from console gamers? They neither offer to Microsoft any money neither Developers anything. They do not help them with less coding and less bugs. They always have crazy retro people to cope with and their stuck minds back to Windows XP era and later. You cannot cure schizophrenia if you are not willing to.

Shataan likes this.

11. BangTail

BangTail Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC
    You're preaching to the choir here, I'm simply saying that I don't see Exodus being exclusively DX12 (and that's not to say it absolutely won't be, but I doubt it).

12. ObscureangelPT

ObscureangelPT Guest

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1650 Supe
    I think while operating systems are within their support time, which in Windows 7 case it is until 2020, I think it's on the best interest of the developers to keep releasing their games to those windows too (possibly discarding windows 8.1)

There is a way to get DX12 advantages and still have a DX11 game.
    GTA V is a good example, while it renders at DX11, it can be ran with lower DX version as compatibility mode.

Cutting the cord on DX11 and Windows 7 would be a huge mistake.
    Whatever the reasons behind people to stay with W7 (I have W10 in all PCs for a quite some time now), the fact is they are still there, and most of them will refuse to move on until they are forced, this is because Microsoft offered multiple opportunities to move on from W7 to W10 for free, even pirated copies was activated as genuine on W10.

Most of the people didn't moved on because of the Microsoft "spying" media galore (which is now in effect for more than one year on W7 and W8.1 due to an update released on WUpdate), like they are not getting "spied" on our google searches, Gmail, android, Windows Phone/Apple Phones/devices.
    And another reason is simply because W7 simply works (W10 also), it might underperform versus W10 in games, but such difference in nothing special.
    Also W10 store is not a big offering and Feature updates every 6 months suck.
    For us desktop users is fine, but laptop users tend to have a problem or 2 everytime there is a feature update due to bad support from laptop manufactors.
    It's not Microsofts fault, but nobody cares because the update is done and stuff gets broken.
    W10 should had a "LTS" Sceme where you could stay with same version for 2 years instead of 6 months or insider.
    Also the UWP failed IMO, since WP/WM10 failed, UWP lost one of it's biggest porpouse, while it can still be used for xbox or holographic, it's not the same thing.
    StoreApps would be much better if delivered under X86 instead of UWP/X86 encapsulated into UWP.
    The money and effort that microsoft had wasted on development tools for visual studio and the store, could have been avoided if they made a store x86 based, linux repository style.

13. S.T.A.R.A.C.

S.T.A.R.A.C. Master Guru

GPU:
    HD 7970 3GB WindForce
    No it's not.

And your post is for one big facepalm!

14. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    Accept what? Anyone hasn't bashed W10 here.

If people wish to use W7 that's their choice. Without them being retro or "3rd world".
    Which is maybe the stupidest argument I've heard in a while.

I'm sorry but you seem to post half-witted remarks more often than not. Most likely to instigate arguments or you're not too smart really.

I know I "took the bait" by replying but couldn't help it.
    Sorry for others for derailing the thread, will post only game related comments from here on.

BangTail likes this.
  15. IAmGhostDog

IAmGhostDog Guest

GPU:
    XFX R9 390
    And I really don't care what you think.
    You've made your arguments.
    Post something factual pertaining to this game. Not speculative.
    Time to move on.

16. warlord

warlord Guest

GPU:
    Null
    Enjoy your piracy and non support to Microsoft corp. You are bad customers for them at least and I don't care for your arguments, the OS it is your not choice kiddos, it is makers choice, as a developer of software myself I would be so mad if people don't accept like and use my newer versions, I would feel bad for my efforts and my morale would be lesser. End of off topic. Time to speak about the game.

17. S.T.A.R.A.C.

S.T.A.R.A.C. Master Guru

GPU:
    HD 7970 3GB WindForce
    Kiddos!? I'm 43, you are 30!
    And dude, you are brainwashed but not aware of that! Like a good little obedient soldier.

18. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    Back to topic please , don't let me give out penalties.

19. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080, KD55XD800
  20. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    Like someone else said once, looks a bit medieval

Shataan likes this.