Assassin’s Creed Origins

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by WhiteLightning, Aug 21, 2017.

1. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Update 1.4.1 :)
    http://steamcommunity.com/games/582160/announcements/detail/1653257707500537464

2. LocoDiceGR

LocoDiceGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3060 Ti
    So many patches...i didnt expect this..are they drunk or something? :D

3. styckx

styckx Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080 Ti XC Ultra
    It's seriously unprecedented for Ubisoft. Origins is seriously my favorite AC game.. Not only for the game itself but the fact.. Ubisoft is actually supporting it aggressively..

Death_LV, LocoDiceGR and XenthorX like this.
  4. Folken

Folken Member

GPU:
    zotac 1080gtx amp extreme
    Greater stability of FPS but not more FPS

5. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 Suprim X
    Wow looks amazing

6. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    Well, ever since the release of The Division and the newest Rainbow Six, they've been making a bigger effort to support their titles.

7. MikeG

MikeG Master Guru

GPU:
    Titan RTX
    I'm trying to tell if mid to distant graphics are slightly worse in first person view in Discovery Tour. You can get into 1st person mode by holding down the Aim key (in Discovery Tour.) They don't have a toggle yet so you have to keep holding it down while exploring. No combat allowed with it though.

I know the ground and some other objects within a few meters is noticeably blurrier in 1st person, whereas in 3rd person it's noticeably sharper. But beyond 3 or 4 meters is what I'm struggling with because I'm not quite sure. Like if there's some kind of very light filter in 1st person or if it is or isn't less sharp. Anyone tell any difference?

8. Pandora's Box

Pandora's Box Member Guru

GPU:
    Asus TUF 4090 OC
    I found the game looks significantly better with no AA and setting the resolution scale to 120%. Eliminates the blurriness introduced by the ingame AA. Playing maxed settings at 3440x1440 no AA with 120% res scale and I average 60fps. Titan Xp @ 2Ghz core 12GHz mem.

Folken likes this.
  9. MikeG

MikeG Master Guru

GPU:
    Titan RTX
    ^ Oh yes I notice the difference now, thanks for the resolution scale advice. I'm using 120% res scale on a 3840x2160 monitor and ditched the in game AA. And all AA is off in Nvidia Control Panel, max settings, using a Titan Xp at stock speed on a i7 7700 system. It's cleaner now, more clarity like a light film has been lifted from the screen which was as you said caused by the AA.

There's probably no chance of messing up my monitor or pc in any way right? If I tried this in Nvidia Control Panel that's a different story from what I've read. I'd have to make a system restore backup first and take extra precautions I think. This is the first time I've done res scaling.

10. Pandora's Box

GPU:
    Asus TUF 4090 OC
    No way of damaging your hardware with this. It's doing the same thing as the setting in the Nvidia control panel (DSR)

11. MikeG

MikeG Master Guru

GPU:
    Titan RTX
    Anyone know which lines in any .ini file to adjust time of day? I'd like to make the day last much longer in order to see various places in a better light for a long time. And not have to use the in game time advance so often.

12. sertopico

sertopico Maha Guru

GPU:
    Palit Gamerock 4090
    I don't think you can do that, Ubi doesn't allow any kind of modding, including tweaks like this... Maybe a trainer could help but I've got no idea whether they're available or not.

13. MikeG

MikeG Master Guru

GPU:
    Titan RTX
    I already made a request for it at the CH site which makes trainers. But they said they couldn't slow down the time cycle. (the Cheat Happens site.)

14. sertopico

sertopico Maha Guru

GPU:
    Palit Gamerock 4090
    Maybe you need e freecam mod that freezes the game and allows you to move freely around the map. You would solve your issue with this workaround...

15. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Gaming OC
    Supporting it aggressively? So that's why they still haven't added multi gpu support? No, they are just adding more dlc, and making barebone efforts in order to get people to buy it.

16. styckx

styckx Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080 Ti XC Ultra
    SLI and Crosffire has barely been support by anyone for ages now.. Anyone building a SLI or Crossfire rig in the past 5 years has been doing nothing but wasting their money for internet points..

17. Pandora's Box

GPU:
    Asus TUF 4090 OC
    Far cry 5 begs to differ

Dragam1337 likes this.
  18. styckx

styckx Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080 Ti XC Ultra
    I said barely.. Not never.. But hey if you want to plop down the $$$ for a second Titan XP for one of 5 games you play that actually support SLI more power to you.. Again.. SLI and Crossfire support has been a joke for years now and a waste of money until proven otherwise.. So throwing shade as AC Orgins for following the status quo is a bit of a reach..

19. LocoDiceGR

LocoDiceGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3060 Ti
    How many more DLC's are already plannned for this game?
    I wanna play it when its fully released (w/ DLC + more patches).

20. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    None aside from some item packs I believe, yesterday saw the release of the Far Cry Primal pack but story wise I think the game is done now with the main game, Hidden Ones and Curse of the Pharaohs as the story content though there's also the secret of the pyramids and that ship adventure side quests but they are fairly minor. (Pyramid one can be unlocked via the UPlay point system too now.)

LocoDiceGR likes this.