AMD Ryzen 5 2600X Got Shortly Listed on Amazon - Available April the 19th

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Mar 16, 2018.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    Embra likes this.
  2. Amx85

Amx85 Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI R7-260X2GD5/OC
    Looks well

i know is just a "die shrink" but if they fixed memory controller and "Infiny Fabric" IPC grows

grettings

Last edited: Mar 16, 2018
  3. dunadan101

dunadan101 Member

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 1070
    Indeed despite the bios updates and many tweak attempt I never could get my AB350pro4 with R5 1600x to agree with my Corsair 3ghz memory kits... Spend a lot of money on FlareX 3200Mhz CL14 which I gotta admit works like a charm. I still wish I didn't waste money on my previous memory kit though. Considering I've been mounting my own rigs since 2k3, it's first time I encountered that kind of problem. Hopefully I'll be able to upgrade a couple of times like back in the times of the venerable socket 939, so the investment is worth it.

4. Silva

Silva Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Dual RX580 O4G
    You could upgrade to a 2700/x now. Or Zen2 when it comes.
    Sure it was a shame for the old kit to not work, but I'm sure you got more money resettling it over what you paid brand new.

I would have jumped the Zen train long ago if it wasn't for memory prices. I just can't justify the memory price to myself knowing its inflated.

5. dunadan101

dunadan101 Member

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 1070
    I'll wait for Zen2, the whole point of this build I made last September was to save money. Having to buy a new memory kit was kind of a bummer, but at least I avoided the insane graphic card and memory prices people wanting to upgrade this year are facing. So all in all, no regrets.

6. Embra

Embra Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Red Devil 6950 XT
    If you have not already, you can sell that first kit and recoup the loss.

7. dunadan101

dunadan101 Member

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 1070
    I did the stupid thing and threw away all the packagings considering I only got my GTX1070 three weeks after everything else because shortages. I'll keep the memory for backup just in case anyway, I had to change memory kits two times with my ‎LGA 1155 before. So I'ld rather have backup this time. It works, it's just not stable at all even with lower latencies and frequencies, regardless of voltages.
    Anyway that's just my advise for anyone getting into Ryzen, if a memory kit isn't in the QVL just stick to FlareX 3200Mhz Cl14 which has Samsung chips.