Final Fantasy 15

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Serotonin, Aug 21, 2017.

1. PowerK

PowerK Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 FE
    DF is praising graphics quality of this game on PC. They seem to go as far as saying "FFXV is the best looking game on PC."

Still.. I think I'll wait for the game to be patched several times for bugs to be ironed out. :p

2. kx11

kx11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    it is very beautiful @ 4k

i didn't know shadow Libs is that cool , the other gameworks stuff is meh

3. rogue221979

rogue221979 Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3090 GTX
    Is there a DVD or blue ray version for the PC?

150GB download on my 3mb connection is almost impossible with with a hows full of teenagers playing fortnite.

4. kx11

kx11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090

5. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Code:
    skip
    GraphicsConfig.ini

[BasicSettings]
    DisplayResolutionWH
    Auto
    DisplayResolution
    RenderingResolutionWH
    RenderingResolution
    MaxFramerate
    ShowFPS
    ShowConfig
    FixedFrameRate

GraphicsPreset
    RenderingResolutionRatio

[DisplaySettings]
    HardwareFullScreenMode
    FullScreenModeOnStartup
    HighPrecisionRenderTarget
    FP16BackBuffer
    DisplayScalingMode
    HDRGammaScale
    HDRLuminanceScale

CurrentDisplay
    VSync

[RenderingSettings]
    HighSpecAsset
    TextureStreamingMemory
    TextureAnisotropicFilter
    LightingQuality
    AmbientOcclusion
    ShadowResolution
    ShadowDistanceScaling
    ModelLODScaling
    ScreenFilterDetail
    Antialias
    TerrainTesselation
    TextureSpec
    ParticleSpec
    HeightFieldSpec
    ProceduralSkySpec
    DisabledLightProbe

MotionBlur

[NVIDIAGameWorksSettings]
    NvidiaHairWorks
    NvidiaVXAO
    NvidiaHBAO
    NvidiaTurf
    NvidiaShadowLibs
    NvidiaFlow
    NvidiaAnsel
    NvidiaHighlights
    NvidiaSLI

--locale=
    --ui_lang
    --numThreads
    --numAsyncThreads
    --loop_mode
    --graphicsIni
    --displayResolution
    --renderingResolution
    --noNvidiaAfterMath

--console_filter
    --filter

Went through the game exe with process explorer and ripped out all the settings and commands from it, the little spacing thing is just that I found a few more commands a bit further down into that text dump. :D

Might be useful.

For comparison if you take the existing config file then these are the additional parameters from this little text blurb.

Code:
    -Basic-

Auto=
    DisplayResolution=
    FixedFrameRate=
    RenderingResolution=
    RenderingResolutionWH=
    ShowConfig=

-Display-

DisplayScalingMode=
    FP16BackBuffer=
    HighPrecisionRenderTarget=
    HDRGammaScale=

-NVIDIA-

NvidiaAnsel=
    NvidiaFlow=
    NvidiaHBAO=
    NvidiaHighlights=
    NvidiaSLI=

-Rendering-

DisabledLightProbe=
    HeightFieldSpec=
    ParticleSpec=
    ProceduralSkySpec=
    ShadowDistanceScaling=
    TextureSpec=

Still have to test how many of these work nad what they can actually do, Flow should be a decent starting point since it's very noticeable with the camp fires so if that changes then these might allow for tweaking the game further, NVidia had some interesting ones too but not all of them might work but they're there at least. :)

6. Vidik

Vidik Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1070 Gaming Z
    In case you might be interested, somebody already found that nasty memory leak:

7. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Yeah on some systems it doesn't just reserve memory it actually consumes it too. :D
    (IE Mankind Divided reserved around 512 GB though usage is of course far lower.)

I can hit around 10 GB RAM usage within a few hours, quit to main menu usually frees it up but it doesn't look like the game is freeing up resources very efficiently although it looks to be hard to track down the exact cause as to what's happening. :)

8. Vibe

Vibe Master Guru

GPU:
    1080 gtx
    "But now you know how to switch to 1st person mode?" .....uhm, no. That's why I mentioned I couldn't figure it out.
    If not on pad l3+r3.....Are those coordinates to a helicopter landing pad? Otherwise the "if not" does come into play.
    "Also saying this when standing still." .....ok well I tried saying that out loud when I was standing still but nothing. It's almost as if the game does not understand what I'm saying.
    "For pc saying too why not". .....No my pc (PC) was not saying "too why not" without the question mark. Or do you mean I should say "too why not." to my pc (PC)?

Google translator just repeated what you said so I tried an Urban to English translator thinking maybe you are just ghetto and unfortunately it just repeated what you said too....so your recommendation didn't help. You realize you are either 10 yrs old or a moron right?

9. TDurden

TDurden Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 390 Nitro
    UPDATE
    The workaround for stuttering is disabling Geomapping. (any better solutions out there?)
    And for TAA blur solution is to increase rendering resolution to 125-150.

UPDATE 2
    This solution noticeably reduces stuttering while leaving Geomaping ENABLED:
    Go to Radeon Settings, click Final Fantasy XV profile and set Tessellation Mode to Override and Maximum Tessellation Level to 16x

Last edited: Mar 11, 2018
  10. rogue221979

rogue221979 Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3090 GTX

11. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Radeon RX 6600
    Dude, if you dont know what L3+R3 is on a pad, thats not my problem. (google also 2 seconds..)

Stand still aka not moving = hud showing controlls! But yeah, for eveyrone but you its working..

I consider you a morron cos you cant figure out what im saying if there issnt a questionmark! Dude, common sense, heard of it!?

"For pc saying too why no" For Pc its saying the same thing, why shouldnt it!? Now understood!? Sigh. Im not english native and even i would understand the meaning!

Last edited: Mar 12, 2018
  12. mindaz3

mindaz3 Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 7900 XTX
    Just found a Cactuar in Chapter I, such an iconic enemy. Fight was interesting too. Also, that battle event in one of the caves when your HP drops to 1 almost gave me a heart attack.

13. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    Any word on a patch? We need some more graphical options, that's for sure.

@ShadowDuke sill angry AF for no apparent reason? You should definitely relax.

14. Angantyr

Angantyr Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070 Super X
    Maybe? I'm not sure, looking at it on SteamDB looking for changes in the history shows they're updating something in the build.

https://steamdb.info/app/637650/

[​IMG]

15. kx11

kx11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    they must be fixing that major fps drop after ramuh summon sequence is over

16. Angantyr

Angantyr Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070 Super X
    I hope so, it does go away by itself after a while, but it sure is jarring going from smooth gameplay to 20-30 FPS all of a sudden.

17. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    I've played about 18+ hours of this game so far. I've been enjoying the game for the most part although I've come to the conclusion that not even the mighty GTX 1080 Ti with its 11GB of VRAM is enough to handle the 4K textures (Assets = ON) without lots of stuttering. I even relocated the game to my SSD which makes a huge difference to the loading times but the game is still too memory hungry fully maxed out at 2560x1440. And to be honest, I am struggling to see any noticeable difference between Assets = OFF and Asssets = ON during normal gameplay. I have also had to disable VXAO as it causes a 10-15 fps drop but I can keep the other NVIDIA GameWork effects on. I still get the odd stutter now and then plus dips to the low 50s fps during combat and while running around but G-SYNC mostly smooths these over.

When I was playing yesterday for about 6+ hours I noticed the PAGE setting on Afterburner's overlay increasing from 13 GB to 40 GB, which caused major slowdown at once point when it hit 39 GB before it settled down. Exiting the game and reloading it seemed to fix that. Does this game has some sort of memory leak because that what it looks like.

18. Angantyr

Angantyr Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070 Super X
    Yep, it sure does. Its been a talking point for quite a while now. Especially on the Steam Discussions for the game, many people mention it.

19. Angantyr

Angantyr Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070 Super X
  20. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Guessing they fixed the summon issue with low framerate afterwards, haven't looked into the Steam API issue or the memory leak but the summon problem appears to be fixed from what I'm reading on the community forums. :)