Kingdom Come: Deliverance Patch 1.3

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Mar 10, 2018.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    Warhorse Studios has released the highly anticipated patch 1.3 for Kingdom Come: Deliverance. According to the release notes, this new update adds a Save & Exit option, improves saving functionali...

Kingdom Come: Deliverance Patch 1.3

airbud7 and KissSh0t like this.
  2. Maddness

Maddness Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080 Aorus Xtreme
    I'm really looking forward to getting this one. How's all the bugs after this patch.

3. Endymion

Endymion Member Guru

GPU:
    4090 TUF
    I decided to wait for like 6 months or a year before getting hand on this game. Really want to play it, but don't want to suffer from large amount of immersion breaking bugs and so on.

pokerapar88, Maddness and StewieTech like this.
  4. ruthan

ruthan Master Guru

GPU:
    G1070 MSI Gaming
    Still corrupting saves, if you unlucky as me..

5. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 3080Ti Gaming OC
    I'll have to give it a try, took a break about a week ago as the quest bugs got out of hand coupled with the strict saving system...

fantaskarsef likes this.
  6. 0blivious

0blivious Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7800 XT / 5700 XT
    Like Solfaur, I stopped playing a week ago due to a quest breaking bug. The little bugs I got used to. The big attack at the Northern Cumin/Bandit camp kept telling me "too many men died", ad nauseam. That got fixed and I was able to move forward.

As for saving, I have over 50K and I just buy Savior Schnapps everywhere I can. I really like the save system in this game. Keeps you more honest.

Maddness likes this.
  7. Maddness

Maddness Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080 Aorus Xtreme
    I definitely will be getting this as it is the type of game I enjoy playing by the looks of it. I will just hold off a little longer to make it a more enjoyable experience.

pokerapar88 likes this.
  8. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Gaming OC
    I'm glad they added the option to control AA, cause the temporal AA that was used as standard before, really hit sli performance. Setting it to smaa really helped.

9. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080, KD55XD800
    So in reality all the save system does is penalise new players and reward richer longer players with the ability to save?

It literally makes no sense.

Solfaur likes this.
  10. pokerapar88

pokerapar88 Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Amp!
    Well, the game is, in general, quite hard at the beginning because not only you as a player are a noob, but Henry is too. He's a peasant that doesn't know how to fight, read, lockpick and dresses like a commoner.

But in terms of saving, the problem was that, to save at any point, you needed the savior schnapps which was expensive. Little did anyone know that you can craft that potion with a little to no alchemy knowledge, ingredients are really easy to get (and cheap if you buy them instead of harvesting them from the ground) and you can use that as a resource too, and sell them.

Problem isn't getting savior schnapps alone though. You can't drink it too frequently or you'll become drunk. Also, sleeping saves the game, but maybe you are in the middle of a quest and need to leave (and cannot go to sleep), and that forces you to use the savior schnapps. What if you don't have any on you? Well, now, with the update, you can just save and quit.

That's that.

The game is actually quite awesome, and with the new updates, it's even better.

Solfaur and Elder III like this.

11. 0blivious

0blivious Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7800 XT / 5700 XT
    The save system is clearly a polarizing one. People love it or hate it.

To me, it makes sense as they are going for more realism than the typical RPG. It forces players to use Inns and your own bed like a real person would do. That's what I usually do (sleep in a proper bed to save) but I still like having more of the schnapps on hand just in case. If I use it, there's a drinking penalty. Fantastic!

Mods can fix this for the people who hate it.

pokerapar88 likes this.
  12. pokerapar88

pokerapar88 Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Amp!
    I agree with everything you said!
    And regarding the save mod, and any other mod for the game, they are really easy to apply, just copy and paste the files in the indicated folders.

13. TimmyP

TimmyP Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3070
    I cant believe the rationalizations for the totally broken, unrealized save system. Gotta love those lockpicking quests.

14. waltc3

waltc3 Maha Guru

GPU:
    AMD 50th Ann 5700XT
    I often will not buy a game if its savegame capability is not on-demand and robust. That's a pet peeve of mine. We're talking about games--not professional flight simulators--what would this be--a medieval peasant simulator?....;) Forcing players to do things they'd rather not do seems counterproductive to sales, imo. If a developer provides the options people want then it's up to the player whether to use them or not--no need for forcing anything on the player, imo. Also, it's been my experience that when savegame capability is added to a game via a mod it is usually a kludge/workaround that more often than not is only marginally acceptable.

Solfaur likes this.
  15. Embra

Embra Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Red Devil 6950 XT
    Probably should be an option. Many players do like the immersion aspect. Really should be an option in the settings.
    Seems a mod could provide that option.

16. pokerapar88

pokerapar88 Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Amp!
    The save system wasn't broken, it was meant to be that way. Though I do think that the save and quit function should have existed from the beginning.

Regarding lockpicking I have never had issues with it. Yeah, it's tough, but now with the 1.3 update it's quite easier.

17. Irenicus

Irenicus Master Guru

GPU:
    1070Ti OC
    Lockpicking is atrocious with mouse and kb

18. pokerapar88

pokerapar88 Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Amp!
    Actually, didn't find it at all difficult with mouse and KB. I though the ones complaining where console guys as with a controller, it's quite tougher.